“Excellent Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 166 Activities in Savannah
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 25 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott! Herein rests poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duellists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Even better, a significant portion of your ticket goes directly to Bonaventure Cemetery's preservation! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Historic District Hotel Transportation Available!
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have lived in Savannah all my life. I have visited Bonaventure cemetery many times. I learned so much on that tour. Not only were the stories very interesting Shannon Scott is a wonderful storyteller. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2013

“Excellent tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Shannon made this visit to Bonaventure Cemetery so memorable and interesting. He is an excellent story teller and extremely knowledgeable about the history of Savannah, ga and all who are laid to rest in Bonaventure.

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Bonaventure Cemetery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

First time to Savannah .. So we thought we would check out the Bonaventure Cemetery with Shannon Scott on a private tour.. Awesome is all i can say about the Cemetery and Shannon's tour. He picked us up at the Hotel and took us to the Cemetery , his tour was great. He had great insight to the people buried there that he was showing us and being a resident of Savannah was able to give us detail i'm sure only he could. The tour was set for 2 hours and i think we went over that because of the time he was taking explaining thing that he thought we should know or see.After the tour and a great time he gave us restaurant advice for lunch and even dropped us off at one.I recommend this tour if you are planning a trip to Savannah..And when we return we will be doing the night tour with him ..

Boca Raton, Florida
“A wonderful storyteller in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently booked a private tour with Shannon for my fiance and I and the experience was very memorable. I love old cemeteries, and Shannon made the stories come to life with his knowledge and humor. I was able to take many amazing pictures, and my fiance loved the grounds with its beautiful trees and magnificent statues, obelisks, and burial sites. The tour ran for about 3 hrs., but I didn't want it to end. Definitely worth doing.

Augusta, Georgia
“Entertaining, Interesting Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My Best Friend and I had the pleasure of taking the Bonaventure Journey's Tour with Shannon Scott. The tour was held after hours, it was a perfect evening for a walk, and Shannon Scott delighted us with his knowlege of Historic Savannah, and the inhabitants of Bonaventure.

I have taken 3 tours while in Savannah, and by far this was the best!

If you get the chance, call and take the tour. Since it is held after hours there are a limited number of people that can go....so call ahead and make your reservation.