“Bonaventure After Hours Tour with Shannon Scott” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 120 Tours & Activities in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 25 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott! Herein rests poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duellists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Even better, a significant portion of your ticket goes directly to Bonaventure Cemetery's preservation! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Historic District Hotel Transportation Available!
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Bonaventure After Hours Tour with Shannon Scott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Shannon Scott is a great story teller who brings the dead back to life for the few hours he shares his knowledge of the lives of Savannah's current occupants of Bonaventure Cemetery. The "After Hours" tour allows you to benefit from his friendship or research on notable contributors to the history and culture of Savannah with wit and respect for their lives. The tour is not about ghosts or fictions but a poignant and evocative focus on a handful of remarkable people. The cloak of night in the cemetery does more to focus the past than to create a sense of fear. Shannon makes you aware that nothing is as haunting as a story that is too remarkable or disturbing to forget.
Rick L. February 2013

Visited February 2013
SScottTours, Owner at Bonaventure Journey's w/Shannon Scott, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Appreciate you so much Rick for not only taking the time to actually write a review, but for, well, getting it? That the heart of the event is to give people an opportunity no one else is providing, and has never existed before, but that it also is aimed at keeping Bonaventure in sight and in mind in terms of preservation and keeping it around for a very long time in a positive way.

Louisville, Tennessee
“What an Adventure at Bonadventure with Shannon Scott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would do it again! Shannon Scott does a masterful job of combining historical fact with human interest stories of the past residents of Savannah who now rest at Bonaventure Cemetary. His ability to tell the story draws you into the lives of these people. The stories make you laugh, make you sad, and make you think and wonder. Who would have thought that there are whole rooms underground of bodies and things. And their spirits are still there. See my 2 images of a the De Renne tomb. The first is full or orbs (spirits). The second taken a second later is almost empty. The night was calm. The moon was full. Don't think it was dust or dew. It drew my interest so much that I went back the next day to see them cemetary in the daylight. Went around town to check out some of their homes. And I'm researching some of the people a little more. Fascinating.

Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Bonaventure After Hours Walking Tour with Shannon Scott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our 2nd walking tour with Shannon Scott. The night tour adds a bit of a ghostly ambiance to the experience. We brought out of state guests with us on the 2nd tour, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. However, we were disappointed that Johnny Mercer was omitted from the tour on the 26th. Considering Mercer's impact on the music and songwriting industry, and being born in Savannah, he should ALWAYS be included in every tour. Please include him in all of your future tours. If not, we'll be back to haunt you!

Visited January 2013
SScottTours, Owner at Bonaventure Journey's w/Shannon Scott, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi Cynthia! Thank so much for taking the time and energy to share your thoughts and flattering words about your outing with me on the After Hours event. Means a ton! So sorry we didn't get to Johnny Mercer that night but promise next time you're here, I'll do that just for you! I tend to like him during my daytime event more than the evening one for some reason. I think its because we get more time there to show some different images during the day and spend more time there with his story overall. You can hold me to my promise and thanks for understanding!
Atlanta, GA
“historical, interesting, and worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a terrific tour with the entertaining Shannon Scott. It's not a cheesy ghost tour. It's more of a historical story-telling of some of the more interesting stories of Bonaventure. Shannon was great. He wasn't over embellishing and always made it clear when something was not fact. We highly enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend it.

Visited January 2013
Thank you Mr. Tech for this kindly expression towards your time out with me. Such compliments add much spiritually to my energy and goals, but also to those of the cemetery. Please know I'll be here when you return and we'll go out and make the most of it together again! If there's anything I can help you with in your next trip planning, please see me on the Facebook page under BonaventureOfficial and I'll be happy to assist. Cemeteries are just one dimension to what I do and help people my clients with!
Savannah, Georgia
“Bonadventure After Hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This tour was presented by Shannon Scott Tours and was more than excellent. We live in Savannah but it is not often that you get a chance to go into Bonaventure at night. We took our out-of-town visitors with us. The tour was wonderful and full of stories that we had not previously heard. This is not a ghost tour, but more of a look at Bonaventure from a historical point of view. Shannon did a wonderful job from start to finish! I would recommend this tour for anyone, visitor or resident.