This was out first trip to Savannah and we chose the Westin based on a friend's recommendation. This hotel makes an amazing first impression. The exterior is grand, the lobby is gorgeous and the grounds are perfectly kept. The riverfront location can't be beat - we loved watching the huge cargo ships going up and down the river all day. This hotel is located across the river from downtown Savannah so you must take a ferry to get to most things. The ferry runs on a prompt schedule so it's really not a hassle.
I say this hotel lacks service because during my stay I got sick with a 24 hour stomach flu. I spent the first day of my vacation in bed, unable to eat anything. We made several calls to room service thoughout the day to order Gatorade and water. We let them know I was sick and needed these items quickly. They didn't care - one order took an hour and 45 minutes - for a drink. There is just no excuse for that. I understand they have other guests they are trying to take care of, but when a guest teels you they are in bed sick and they need a drink, it shouldn't take that long.
Thankfully on the second day of our vacation I felt much better and we were able to sightsee. We decided that the next time we are in Savannah, we will be staying somewhere on the otherside. It would have been so much more convenient to walk out your front door and be in the heart of the action. Like I said, they ferry wasn't a big hassle, but not as easy as being right there.
Overall, this is a very nice hotel and I wouldn't discourage people from staying here because of my one bad experience. Just know that things may be a little slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Starwood, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin