Ok, so for a Westin I expect a little more than a regular hotel. For $322 a night I begin to look for good service all around. Quite a few times we called the front desk and got no answer. The front desk always seemed to be low on staff. Most of the restaurant employees did not seem to be trained on etiquette. All were nice and kind, but few knew how to serve for a restaurant charging $40 for entrées. The hotel was clean. The rooms were clean. The shower / tub was old but the shower head and wand had been updated. Waterfall square for the shower head and a nice rectangular modern wand for the handheld wand. They have a piano in the lobby which is robotic, but was never turned on. Would have been nice to have heard it playing. The valet service was very chaotic upon check-in and check out. Guys were standing around as was our cart and car. Finally I took the cart 10 feet to my car and one of the guys standing around was eager to help place the bags in my car. If my car and luggage had both not been right there and there was no staff around, I would have obviously waited.
I think hotels need to remember that when they charge almost $1,000 for 3 nights that it needs to be more than any regular hotel. In the states this is quickly being lost and forgotten. In most other countries a hotel of this price would be a memorable experience.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Westin Savannah
- Savannah Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.