“Perfect location with an excellent view” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 112 hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect location with an excellent view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a week for a leadership conference. The location was convenient and the ferry from the hotel to River Street was a big plus. The hotel was was amazing! The view from my room was incrediable. I loved the bourbon and chocolate bar in the lobby. Great selection of bourbons and the chocolate was to die for! I look forward to coming back when it is not a business related stay!

Room Tip: Anything with a River view and a high floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that you found the ferry convenient and loved our Midnight Sun Bourbon and Chocolate Lounge. We look forward to welcoming your back upon your return to Savannah.

957 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our great 3-night stay began when Sean took us to our room. He was very informative and helpful. Next Cassandra, the concierge, did a great job of helping us to plan our stay, including restaurants and places to visit. Later, we enjoyed the fireworks with dessert by Chef Ennius. He was quite helpful in explaining the 1st Friday events and suggesting the great dessert choices we made. He and Carlos, our waiter, were instrumental in making this one of our most enjoyable anniversaries ever....and we have had 44! Out stay included breakfasts in the Aqua Star, drinks in the Midnight Sun and a round of Golf. Would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Use the ferry & forget the car!
Green Features: We used the "Green" option for our room, but didn't investigate other opportunities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill,

Thank you for sharing your anniversary with The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Sean, Cassandra, Carlos and Ennus are valuable assets to our team and will be happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated. I and overjoyed that we were able to make your 45th one to remember and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next special occasion.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was there with my wife celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and we loved the location of this hotel. They have a complimentary ferry boat that takes you over to River Street. This is the place to stay in Savannah. It's not in the heart of the historic district but the ferry makes it easy to get to. Plus the ferry gives you a great view of the river as well. They have a outside pool and hot tub that sits right on the river.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your special day with us and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you loved the location, ferry and the Escape Pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was ok. Everything in the hotel was expensive!! Food at the golf course restaurant was horrible, how can anyone mess up a quesadilla? The exercise facilities are not in the hotel. They are in a separate building across the street!!! Very inconvenient. It is also across the river, so you must take the ferry over to river street every time you want to go and do anything!!! Do NOT choose to go green while staying there---if you do that, they NEVER enter your room!!!! Not even to empty the garbage or give you more toilet paper!! We had 4 girls staying in 1 room, we had to continually call for supplies and finally had to have someone come empty the overflowing of garbage from all three garbage cans!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor. I apologize that your were unsatisfied with the Make A Green Choice program and that our transportation to River Street became an inconvenience. We will use your feedback to improve. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've been traveling for business to Savannah since the late 90's and this is one of the best properties. On my last stay I decided to hit the spa for a massage. Well worth the time and money spent. Be sure to look around as you can get % off services.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that we rank highly on your list of Savannah properties! Our Heavenly Spa by Westin staff will also be happy to hear that they were able to provide a positive and memorable experience for you! We look forward to welcoming your back upon your next visits!

Windermere, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great service, easy ferry to river street. Make sure you get a river view and if you have a cruiser take your boat there! Solid small marina. It's not a B&B but really well done and quick drive from ATL or MCO. Pool area is well done and rooms are nicely appointed. We will come back again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that we were able to provide you with a great experience and we absolutely welcome watercraft of any kind at our Westin Marina (near intercoastal waterway). I too am a fan of the pool and the river views--voted best in Savannah. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I greatly enjoyed my stay. As a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPA), I was given an upgrade at check-in without having to ask. That felt quite welcoming. Both check-in and check-out were quick and professional. The room was large (as was the bathroom), well-appointed and it had a very nice view. Most importantly for me, it was silent in spite of being close to elevators.
The in-room safe seemed small, but then I was able to fit all my electronics and jewelry.
The internet is free with choice of wireless or wired connection. I had 3 devices with me (laptop, phone and iPad) and I had free connection for all three! That really made my life easier and I appreciated it very much.
A feature I enjoyed was the choice of asking NOT to have your room serviced in exchange for points. Since I was by myself and I am tidy and particular as to how I like things arranged when in a hotel room, I much preferred straightening up my bed in the morning and hanging my towels for the pleasure of knowing that no one would be in my room during my stay and that I would find things exactly as I left them. They did deliver every day outside my room in a nice little bag fresh supply, like complimentary bottled water and coffee grounds to make a cup of coffee in my room, without having to ask.
The room was equipped with a small, noiseless refrigerator that, instead of containing the usual junk, was gloriously empty so I could stock it with everything I wanted.
Other much appreciated features were the double shower head, plenty of hangers and two luggage racks.

A couple of little details that would have made this a five star: the vending machine was out of order the entire time I was there and the hotel shop didn't carry any of those items (such as water and soda).
What I hoped would be a quick snack (a quesadilla) took half hour to be served at the bar. However, it was mid day and all restaurants were closed at that time, so I was lucky to get something!
Desk chair in the room was comfortable but a bit worn out.
Overall, a very pleasant stay and ideal location if you are attending a conference next door at the conference center. This experience will make me look for another Westin for my next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was positive and that you felt welcomed at the property. We hold our SPG members in high esteem and strive to provide stellar guest services for them. Our Make a Green Choice program is one of my favorite features too. I appreciate your feedback in regard to our food service and vending--we will use your comments to improve. We hope to welcome your back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!