“Interesting location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Interesting location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice. It's located across the river from the downtown shopping. The good news is the ferry will take you across for free. It runs every 20 minutes and leaves from right next to the hotel. The staff is polite and helpful. The hotel is not in a populated area so you will either need a rental car or take the ferry for food and entertainment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that we were able to provide a positive and memorable experience for you. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Westin is on the other side of the river from EVERYTHING except the convention center and a golf course. The city does have a very nice water taxi shuttle system but it does shut down early. The Weston front desk and door staff were very nice and helpful. The first question I got from the hotel at check in was if I wanted maid service or did I want to sign up for their 'Green Team' and just call when I needed towels. I said no but by the end of my 5 night stay, I seemed to have gotten on it slowly. At first they wouldn't give me new shampoo and by the end they didn't clean my room at all.

The rooms were nice, wifi pretty slow but the biggest problem is lack of services/restaurants/bars/stores on that side. If there is a next time, I'll stay on the other side and ferry over for the conference.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

When it is good it is very very good. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Beds are comfortable, breakfast buffet is good. adjacent to the conference center so convenient for meetings- maybe. flight arrived early and I was told by the desk the room was already cleaned but it had to be inspected before I could check in. So I went to have lunch poolside. I ordered an iced tea and a sandwich. It took 80 minutes to get the sandwich. Even the waitress apologized and gave me a discount. So if you are going to be at a conference at the center, I suggest that you have lunch at the conference center or you will need half day to lunch. When I then returned to the desk to get my key, now after two pm, I was told the room still had not been inspected but there was another room on a lower floor that was available (5 floors down). No turn down service, but a nice gym.

Basically if I had been on holiday I would have rated this property much better. But for the needs of the business traveler it was lackluster.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Jessica,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments and choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that you found the room clean and well appointed. I am very happy that you found our Heavenly Bed comfortable-it is one of my favorite features as well. I apologize that your dining service did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to improve our offerings in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Best regards,

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We choose the Westin Spa for a romantic / quiet weekend to relax and de Stress . This was an excellent resort to accomplish that goal. Being from Charleston, we are accustomed to Southern Hospitality and superb service. This is the first place we have been in years where the hospitality and service met and even exceeded Charleston's Best. Ashville and St Augustine doesn’t come close …Savanna is definitely the sister city of Charleston. (Charleston is still #1 but I am a little prejudiced)

The Hotel sits across from River Street and from River Street thought the historical district, service and hospitality did not end at the hotel . Getting from the Hotel to downtown was not an issue. Once you arrive you do not need to drive or take a cab. There is a free water taxi that can get you in and out of the city.

The Hotel Staff is very professional. Even when we got there and some unusual issues arose. Ashley, the Manager, handled it very professional and ensured we were taken care of. She even treated us to dinner to make up for the small mishap. I have always said its not what happens that matters, but what you do after it happens….

Room Tip: River view rooms have great views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your ringing endorsement and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I greatly appreciate how well we were able to show Savannah's commitment to hospitality. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Mt Gilead NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

It is a beautiful property with a great view of the Savannah River and the bars & restaurants. Very, very expensive. $2.00 for a candy bar? $80.00 fro a pizza & 2 cheeseburgers for room service? Wi-Fi had a single bar unless U wanted to upgrade at a room rate $250.00/night? Valet parking $23.00 per night? Get my drift. Had to drive into Savannah for any supplies like beer, wine, Vodka, etc. Staff was very, very helpful. Room was no big deal. Asked for connecting rooms since we had grand children with us no can do???? Do like the water taxi service and pool bar.
Next time back on the Savannah side for sure as close to the river as possible and a lot less per night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I appreciate your feedback regarding our food and beverage offerings and will use it to improve. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel locates across the river and it takes less than 10 minutes to get to downtown area if you take the ferry. Yet there's leterally nothing around but a convention center. Room is good, service is good and view is good.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I'm happy that you enjoyed the room, service and view while you were here. We strive to make positive and memorable experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This Westin property is adjacent to the Savannah convention center, but it has so much to offer beyond the convenience. I particularly enjoyed the Aqua Star Restaurant as well as the Aqua Fuego bar. Even though its billed as a Champagne and Wine Bar, the bartender, Dustin Hudson, went out of his way to find me a local beer I would like. Everyone in the hotel from the gift shop to the Starbucks kiosk was friendly and helpful.

Green Features: I loved the practice of giving us a $5 voucher for each day we gave up housekeeping services. It made me feel more comfortable and happy to know I was conserving resources!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Our Executive Chef, Sir Roger Michel, will be delighted that you were able to experience his culinary delights at Aqua Star Seafood Kitchen and at Aqua Fuego. Dustin is a true asset to our team and he will also be happy to hear that his efforts were appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!