“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Essex
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in a party of six ( my husband and I, our 4 and 3 year old boys, and my parents).
We found this to be a perfect hotel for the children. We arrived after a 2.5 hour drive from our home in Jackonville, at around 7.30 at night. The valet were quick to help with bags and car, and check in was smooth.
We had two rooms , both with two double beds with river view- and we're very happy with the space / cleanliness and the view of the pool and town.
We went to the Aqua Star for breakfast at around 9.30 on the Saturday morning . There was a reasonable queue, and we had to wait to be seated for 20 minutes. Once inside the restaurant, we did not understand the wait as there were ample tables. But this really is our only gripe.
The ferry service was great. The children loved the boat ride, and you get a good view of the town as you cross the river .
Back at the hotel the pool and splash zone were a huge hit and kept the kids occupied for ages while us adults could enjoy a drink from the pool bar .
Upon check out, we saw on our itemised bill that valet parking was $23 - but we had already been charged for self parking in the automatically deducted resort fee. This was our fault for not reading the sign correctly on the valet desk outside the hotels main doors. When I spoke to Kellie on reception, I explained the mistake, and asked if we could pay the difference on the valet parking fee. She was extremely helpful, and very understanding, and waived the $46 valet fee.
We really liked this hotel overall. We think this great if you are traveling to Savannah with kids .

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. It makes proud that we were able to provide a positive overall experience for you. We appreciate your feedback in regard to our restaurant service and will use it to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
three way tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Tried this hotel last year - had serious issues with the GM ignoring my problem..............this from a STARWOOD lover just 2 nites from LIFETIME PLATINUM STATUS.
So I decided to give the hotel another chance,
HUGE MISTAKE...........FOOL ME ONCE .........well y'all know the saying.
I noted on my res I would be arriving early - 10 am..........didn't matter, ROOM NOT READY.
Advised service express I would take a GREEN DAY ......that's where you opt for $5 coupon and the hotel saves by not having to clean room. DIDN'T MATTER..........they cleaned the room anyways. Now nothing was taken by unexpected hotel personnel in my room.......not my computer stuff, money, jewelry, my Michael Kors watch............everything was fine.
BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT MARK!!!!!!!
If the guest says "don't clean my room", then don't ENTER the guest's room.
It's just poor..............like my rating.
I LOVE STARWOOD, BUT DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WestinDave, David Moses, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that our staff was unable to exceed your expectations. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further and make changes to improve. We hope to make changes based on your feedback and restore your faith in our property.

Best regards,
cary, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

can't say enough good things about this property and staff. 2nd stay there we were also there in March for spring break with 4 teenage girls. Best 4th of July! Events and games to keep everyone busy the whole day. All ages were happy from 9-62! Only complaint would be the bar staff at the pool. We are double platinum and gladly took the ferry to a liquor store over their service. Besides that great place, get the presidential room with balcony over the river.

Room Tip: anything over the water
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. It makes proud that we were able to provide such a positive experience for you on Independence Day. I appreciate your feedback in regard to our pool service and we will use it to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay here. Never really thought I could afford such luxury but it was quite affordable. The proxcimetry to River St is wonderful with free water ferry just steps from the hotel that run about every 20 minutes. Easier than finding parking in town or on River St. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Cindy,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We are happy that you enjoyed your first stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this "resort" with a group of friends over a recent holiday weekend. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional; the pool staff, on the other hand, could not have been more incompetent. We arrived at the pool around 10:30 and saw staff setting up the outdoor bar. We were told that drink service began at 11am, at which time someone would be by to take our order.

We watched the waitresses standing around the bar chatting with each other and the bartenders until around 11:45, when we finally decided to walk over to the bar to order for ourselves. The staff seemed extremely hungover (or high?) and annoyed to be bothered. For the rest of the afternoon, we had to walk up to the bar to order since the waitresses failed to stop by at all. Actually, one did come by once and I requested a menu. She said she be back with one but never returned. I ordered a club from the bar and they brought me a chicken sandwich. When our group went to the bar to settle our tabs, we were told that they we unable to separate our checks and ended up charging one of us for the majority of the bill (even though we ordered completely separately each time). This type of service was pretty much the theme of the weekend, especially at the pool.

We had a similar experience at the hotel restaurant where we dined for breakfast. The waitress brought me the wrong drink, and I sat there for 20 minutes trying to get her attention. I finally had to walk over to her to explain the problem. She said she'd bring the correct beverage, but then went back to punching orders into the computer and chatting with other tables. I finally had to walk over to the manager and ask for my regular - not diet - coke. The buffet was over priced for mediocre, dried out food. Oh, and a waiter handed my friend a blazing hot plate which unsurprisingly burned his hand. Who are these people, and how did they find employment?!?!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that our pool service did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further and make changes to improve. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in our property.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The common areas of the hotel were very nice, especially the lobby. The room was comfortable, except the walls were thin and I could hear neighbors on both sides late at night. There is a free ferry that takes you across the river to downtown savannah, but it would have been more convenient just to stay at a hotel on that side. Also, the concierge was surprisingly unfriendly. The front desk person was very nice, though, and recommended a great restaurant -- Vic's on the River. It was delicious!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We appreciate your kind comments about our common areas and lobby. Thank you for your feedback in regard to the Concierge-we will use it to improve in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

GREAT PLACE!! TOP SHELF!! Staff quick to help with your needs. Quite place unless the Convention Center next door is having a event. If you there during event be prepared for traffic. Two lane before bridge have you waiting for a long time. Over all Great view of River Front Savannah...walking distance to Convention Center and Golf Course.

Room Tip: Make sure you have River View room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!