We stayed at this "resort" with a group of friends over a recent holiday weekend. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional; the pool staff, on the other hand, could not have been more incompetent. We arrived at the pool around 10:30 and saw staff setting up the outdoor bar. We were told that drink service began at 11am, at which time someone would be by to take our order.
We watched the waitresses standing around the bar chatting with each other and the bartenders until around 11:45, when we finally decided to walk over to the bar to order for ourselves. The staff seemed extremely hungover (or high?) and annoyed to be bothered. For the rest of the afternoon, we had to walk up to the bar to order since the waitresses failed to stop by at all. Actually, one did come by once and I requested a menu. She said she be back with one but never returned. I ordered a club from the bar and they brought me a chicken sandwich. When our group went to the bar to settle our tabs, we were told that they we unable to separate our checks and ended up charging one of us for the majority of the bill (even though we ordered completely separately each time). This type of service was pretty much the theme of the weekend, especially at the pool.
We had a similar experience at the hotel restaurant where we dined for breakfast. The waitress brought me the wrong drink, and I sat there for 20 minutes trying to get her attention. I finally had to walk over to her to explain the problem. She said she'd bring the correct beverage, but then went back to punching orders into the computer and chatting with other tables. I finally had to walk over to the manager and ask for my regular - not diet - coke. The buffet was over priced for mediocre, dried out food. Oh, and a waiter handed my friend a blazing hot plate which unsurprisingly burned his hand. Who are these people, and how did they find employment?!?!
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Westin Savannah
- Savannah Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.