“Excellent Conference Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, New York
“Excellent Conference Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at on-site conference. Westin did great job with catering and room set-up. Always appreciate use of placards describing food at the buffet-style catering used for events. That food was good. Found only the Starbucks stand to be reliable for service & quality, not other on-site restaurant/bar venues. Note: this stand does not take Starbucks cards for payment. Free wi-fi good. Had riverfront room, clean, nice empty fridge to use too. Westin has "green" option to not have room serviced for whole stay; used it & found convenient since never had to wonder during the day if housekeeping was going to be there when I had a break. They will bring you more supplies if you ask. As always, that bed was so HEAVENLY that it was difficult to get up in a.m.

Room Tip: If light sleeper, maybe river front room not for you since those huge cargo ships go by in very earl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again and welcome you back to our Resort in the future.

1,013 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was in a dilemma upon my arrival at the Westin,Savannah.... I needed some assistance that only a concierge could provide and Merry stepped up to assist me with courtesy and grace.
Thank you Merry!
I also would like to comment on the Aqua Star restaurant - amazing!
I only wish that the bar was a little larger and was not so far around the corner from the restaurant.As a single diner, it would be nice to be close so I would not feel so alone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing such nice comments about our hotel and staff. Merry strives to provide exceptional service to our guests and we are proud to have her on our team. We look forward to seeing you again should you travel back to Savannah in the future.
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everything about this resort and spa is top notch, but I was especially impressed with the service in and around the hotel and pool area. Friendly, welcoming, accommodating and gracious. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your commments. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate your kind words. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when travels bring you back this way.
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I arrived early in Savannah for a week long trip and needed a hotel for just one night before moving to a B&B we had reserved. We managed to get a great rate on line for the Westin Resort. As at other Westin hotels that we have stayed at, the service was exceptional. Our room was roomy and very clean and the staff very accomodating. The bell captain recommended a great local restaurant for dinner that evening (Vic's on River St.), When we mentioned his thoughts to the concierge, she wholeheartedly agreed and quickly made reservations for us. For those concerned that the hotel is across the river from historic Savannah, there is a free ferry that runs frequently and drops you off right on River St.

Overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing such a wondeful review. I am pleased to hear how well our Concierge and Bell Staff assisted you with dinner plans. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Savannah!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel wasn't the best Starwood property I have stayed in but it had a lot going for it. The negative first. The hotel was under a little more stress than normal because it was hosting many of the players and events associated with the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf. In fact my wife met Jack Nicklaus in the elevator. So the service was a little off here and there. I wasn't told for instance that the store would be reopened and that the girl was just on break, so I ended up driving to a part of Savannah I didn't know to get some tylenol for my kid. When I got back they were open and I had wasted an hour of my day getting something I could have gotten on site. I also noticed we didn't have housekeeping come by our room at all on Saturday. If we were staying more than 2 nights I would probably have been upset a bit by that.
The good, the property is perfectly situated with a short ferry ride to across the river to River St and the historic district of Savannah accessible all day. The food was very good at the resort. In fact it was better than anywhere in Savannah we chose to eat. The property has a very expansive pool area with a great view and even a little tiny spray park for little kids. My toddler absolutely loved it. The hotel property and the course is immaculate and quite beautiful. I really enjoyed the dining rooms for the ambiance and view. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. I would caution people to ease off on the hot water in the bath as it gets super hot quick as I learned! All in all, my wife and I would likely come back again.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for the River View.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Savannah Harbor for your recent visit to Savannah. I am glad to hear how much you and your family enjoyed our Resort. I appreciate your feedback and will share it with my management team to use for improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future should travels bring you back this way.
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Was here last year and noted it needed some upgrading. So happy some of the rooms have been upgraded and the rooms look clean and up to date.
We were able to enjoy the golfing this year. The boat that brings you across the river seems to be faster and more efficient than in the past.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us again! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent visit to Savannah, and hope to see you again - and often!
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a great number of phone calls and voice mails to this hotel (that went unanswered), I am still left with a $300+ overcharge. I stayed at the property for the 2013 New Years Eve Celebration and decided to stay an extra day (New Years Day Eve). My rate for the previous two evenings of $229.00 (+ a million fees they tack on....will get to that next), with New Years Eve being a premium night, I called the front desk on New Years Day to see about staying an extra night. I saw on-line that the rates were $149.00, so when I called the front desk, they granted my asking rate of $149 (I later confirmed in person at the front desk)......to my dismay, the charge on my credit card was $449.00 ($300 more than quoted and nearly double a charge for a premium night....as the hotel was a ghost town on New Years Day), plus a $20 premium room charge. Also during my stay, we paid for valet service that was horrible.....half the time the desk was unattended and then the other half of the time, they couldn't find the car. I even went looking for it and spent 30 minutes trying to find it when they said it was in the parking garage......and all along it was up front near the hotel entrance. For this awesome service, I got to paid an extra $30/day. I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions and enjoy everything the physical property has to offer.....but the service is just not up to par for the level of hotel this claims to be....... Still hoping the hotel will respond and make this right..... Don Pottieger, Jr., Charleston, SC

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing our staff to reach out to you and assist you with this matter. If you have any further questions, or need additional information, please reach out to Teresa Berry at teresa.berry@westin.com, or at 912.201.2000.

Been to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!