“Luxurious resort with beautiful views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Luxurious resort with beautiful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Outstanding hotel/resort overlooking river in beautiful area of Savannah. Top-notch spa and golf facilities, friendly staff, stayed in large suite with balcony view of river. Pet-friendly. Will plan to return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for the extraordinary review! We are excited to know that you enjoyed our resort and all of the amenities that we have available to our guests. We pride ourselves on having one of the best spa’s in the area which provides a relaxing and rejuvenating escape for our guests and locals. The river view is an additional perk that our resort has to offer due to our unique riverfront location on Hutchinson Island. We look forward to providing you with another memorable experience upon your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel with some issues. I agree with another reviewer, never got wi-fi to work, but there was a cable so no foul. The beds sleep great and the water ferry makes it so easy to see the sights, shop, etc. Had one of our best meals in Savannah in the Lounge. Biggest issues were a very rude golf pro (until it was time for a tip) and an incorrect bill. The front desk took the movie off that we never accessed, but when we opted to pay cash for parking rather than have it charged on credit card, well, let's just say I am still waiting for that to be corrected. The fitness, steam room and sauna being in the club house is inconvenient.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our resort during your recent visit to Savannah. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, the location, and your meal in our Midnight Sun Lounge. Savannah is a great place to visit with all of the beauty, history, entertainment, and shopping that it has to offer. All of our rooms have free wi-fi available and I am sorry to learn that you were unable to take advantage of this. Please contact us if you need further assistance with your folio and we will be more than happy to help you. We hope to have the opportunity to provide a wonderful Westin experience for you in the future!
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was out first trip to Savannah and we chose the Westin based on a friend's recommendation. This hotel makes an amazing first impression. The exterior is grand, the lobby is gorgeous and the grounds are perfectly kept. The riverfront location can't be beat - we loved watching the huge cargo ships going up and down the river all day. This hotel is located across the river from downtown Savannah so you must take a ferry to get to most things. The ferry runs on a prompt schedule so it's really not a hassle.

I say this hotel lacks service because during my stay I got sick with a 24 hour stomach flu. I spent the first day of my vacation in bed, unable to eat anything. We made several calls to room service thoughout the day to order Gatorade and water. We let them know I was sick and needed these items quickly. They didn't care - one order took an hour and 45 minutes - for a drink. There is just no excuse for that. I understand they have other guests they are trying to take care of, but when a guest teels you they are in bed sick and they need a drink, it shouldn't take that long.

Thankfully on the second day of our vacation I felt much better and we were able to sightsee. We decided that the next time we are in Savannah, we will be staying somewhere on the otherside. It would have been so much more convenient to walk out your front door and be in the heart of the action. Like I said, they ferry wasn't a big hassle, but not as easy as being right there.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and I wouldn't discourage people from staying here because of my one bad experience. Just know that things may be a little slow.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the aesthetics of the property as well as the beautiful riverfront location. I am sorry that the beginning of your stay was compromised due to the flu. Our room service department is typically on the ball with delivering requests in an appropriate time frame and I apologize for the longer than usual wait that you experienced during your stay. Please let us know if we can assist you with any concerns and we hope to see you back again!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Westin. We got a great deal on the room since there were no conventions in town. The location is great and the views from the hotel are amazing. The water taxi to River Street is a great feature. The hotel was nice and quiet, and we didn't hear other guests the entire time we were there. The hotel is fairly new, and the rooms and bathrooms are nice. The only negative is that the employees don't know when the water taxi comes. We were given several different answers, and finally got a printed schedule from the 3rd employee we talked to. He however did not tell us the correct place to catch the taxi, so we had to wait for the next one. Overall the hotel was an excellent choice!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay! Our views of the Savannah River and of the golf course are beautiful and we are glad that you enjoyed them. The ferry is a convenience for accessing downtown and we thank you for your feedback regarding the ferry schedule. We hope to have the opportunity to create another great experience for you in the future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I enjoyed my stay. You are a short ferry or shuttle ride from downton Savannah. We had two joined rooms overlooking the harbor. What an amazing view. My autistic son's favorite activity was watching the container boats go by the big windows. He would crane his neck to see them. Everyone there was so helpful and accomodating to us. This was my first stay at Westin, but it won't be my last. Westin is a class act!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I would first like to say that this hotel definitely knows the meaning of hospitality! I spent my birthday weekend at this hotel in January and it was wonderful. I arrivied early with friends and our rooms were not quite ready. This was fine as we did arrive way before check-in time. After the suggestion of the concierge staff, namely Teresa, my friend and I decided to take the very convenient ferry to the Historic District. Teresa, was very helpful in offering restaurant suggestions and local information of the Historic District. She even called restaurants to check for availability since I was looking for a place to celebrate my birthday dinner.

As soon as our room was ready, I received a call from the Front Desk notifying me that we could check-in. My friends and I untilized most areas of the hotel including the bar/lounge, the restaurant, and the Spa. I only can say that my expectations were exceeded during my staff because of the hotel's great staff. Teresa in concierge was also sweet enough to send me a nice little treat for my birthday!

I will definitely stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Savannah and hope that others will consider staying at the hotel too! The location is great, even though it is across the river. You really get that resort feel in a touristy city.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
WestinSav, Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday while staying at our resort! Our resort has an array of unique amenities and we are excited that you were able to experience Midnight Sun, Aqua Star, and our Heavenly Spa. Your pleasant encounter with Teresa gives us pride to have her on our team. She strives to always please our guests and we are lucky to have her. We sincerely hope that we will be able to create memorable experiences for you again in the future and thank you for choosing our resort for your birthday destination.
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Lovely hotel on island in the middle of the river. We have decided that it's a good idea to stay in the conference hotel when you are planning to attend many meetings, especially breakfast meetings that start at 7am. The views of the river and of Savannah proper are wonderful; I was happy to stand and stare out the window when the huge boats plowed past!
You will have a dilemma, though. If you stay on the island, it is slightly less convenient to do things in town and you have to add time for your ferry boat ride across. At peak times, the ferry could be full and you might have to wait for the next one. They run frequently but you need to add in that time in order to get to your dinner or walking tour reservation!
outdoor pool along river was undergoing reconstruction when i visited but it looked beautiful.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and view while at the resort! We are very fortunate to be located on the beautiful Hutchinson Island which offers our guests a gorgeous view of the Savannah River and historical downtown. It is always neat to see the huge boats passing by on the river. Ther ferry boat is a nice option for getting to the other side of the river, but I agree that if you have a reservation across the river, that it is best to give yourself at least an extra fifteen minutes to arrive on time. We hope to have you back soon and that you are able to enjoy our beautiful pool in the warmer climate which offers a view that can only be described as "breath taking."

Been to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!