“loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Circa 1875 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 722 Restaurants in Savannah
Cross street: Broughton
Middletown, New York
“loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

my husband and I sat at the bar to have appetizers and a couple of drinks. This was the perfect place; I had a buttery chardonay and my husband had vodka tonic. Both perfect; the wine was cool and a nice pour and the drink was not mostly ice. He had he escargot & I had mussels. Both delicious and served with a crusty bread. Then we had a plateau du chef, an assortment of cheeses, sausage, ham and fruit. So good. We ate the left over for breakfast this morning.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the bar maid, Christina, and the bar back, Dave, not really sure about his name, but they were great. Every detail was attended to; napkins, explanation of what was what on the dish, Things to see in town, We really felt like we were with friends.
We research where we spend our vacation budget; friends told us about this place and now we are telling you! This place is authentic and worth your time and money. The food was a hundred times better than Pink House

Visited March 2014

New York, NY
“French oasis in the middle of the party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice French bistro in a sea of bars and taverns. Cozy atmosphere with old fashioned details that gave the place a good vibe. Good bistro menu with some standard offerings, most of which were very good -- escargot served out of the shell was a bit of a miss. Great warm bread and nice wines by the glass and attentive service rounded out the experience for a successful night. would recommend although I never like the "first come first serve" policy regarding the bar tables since it makes me feel like I have to be in attack mode to get one.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A friendly atmosphere in very comfortable surroundings.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Visiting with friends who live in Savannah and eat often in this restaurant. I was not disappointed. Reminded me very much of a Parisian restaurant and the food was excellent. The menu was varied and choice was across a good price range. Would love to revisit. Made to feel very welcome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida, US
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

While walking to another recommended restaurant passed by Circa 1875 saw they had not only sit down, white tablecloth style dining, but also same menu in pub style atmosphere. Bar staff exceptionally attentive, allowing me to taste several wines before choosing from decent selwction of by the glass. Although they were out of several dishes that evening, and I Had wanted to try the mussels, I was quite pleases with thepreperation of the chicken livers. A special ceasar salad with white anchovies and notable dressing was second. After all that, I was not as hungry for a full dinner and overheard a couple nearby ordering burgers. YES burgers, very rare, no bun with green au poivre sauce served with truffle fries. I thought I died and went to heaven. I was right about being to full though; so they wrapped up the remainder of my meal and even poured my wine into a tobgo cup and said au voire!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cosy French bistro in savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a very attractive French bistro in downtown savannah - super attractive decor(Toulouse Lautrec posters, Tiffany lamps, high ceilings, ceiling fans) and excellent classical French cooking(coquilles, foie gras, poulet roti etc). The service is friendly and efficient, a good combination. We were visiting from out of town, but the waiters seemed to know most of the other customers and there was a very friendly atmosphere. The only criticism is that the portions are too big!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere