“What a great place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Circa 1875 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broughton
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We opted to have more then a few app's and salads vs. ordering entrees. First of all our server was awesome, wished I remembered her name. We started with oysters on the half shell with two glasses of champagne, then classic Escargot, Ceasar salad & goat cheese salad, then the full Charcuterie platter and the house made pate with brioche rolls was delish and I couldn't pass up the truffle french fries either. We also had a wonderful bottle of Cote du Rhone. The wine list was surprisingly not over priced and the interior was so intimate, we had a beautiful evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent French bistro feel, very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I ate at Circa 1875 this past Thursday evening and upon walking in, immediately noted that the atmosphere was fantastic, busy, humming, with laughter and conversation in a small setting, giving an excellent feel of a vibrant French bistro. The gin and tonics were fabulous and the food was very good. The service was also attentive and friendly. We would return to sit at the bar and share appetizers and drinks without question. If we lived in Savannah, this would easily become one of our local spots.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I love this place. He always orders the burger with frites, but I think my favourite meal was the boulillabaisse seafood stew. Circa makes a mean martini and excellent creme brulee as well. The service is always impeccable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Mississippi
“100%”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Perfect service and food! Our waiter even requested the chef make the tuna dish a little different to please our taste buds!

Visited November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cool Place, Good Drinks, Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have only been here for drinks so no idea if food is good. The atmosphere is cool. The character is there. Old building, cool old bar, true Savannah charm. Too bad the staff thinks they are more cool than anyone else. For a couple of drinks on a Friday night they required us to pay as we go or give a card to start a tab - even though we were seated at a bar table. Whatever. Except we never got asked if we wanted a 2nd round - had to go track down the server. When we did he got pissy and said he would be right there. 15 minutes later we had to go find him (behind the bar washing glasses). Then, when we wanted the check - same thing. Only this time I watched him give my card to not one but two other people. Each time I said "that's my card" and he looked at me annoyed, got the card back from the person he gave it to, and then did it again. Finally he brought me my check and my card and we paid and left. This was not my first time here and the service has always been this way. It will definitely be my last.

• Visited November 2012