“NOT WHAT I EXPECTED” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Sister's of the New South have been serving Savannah, GA, with southern hospitality and comfort for years. We have 4 locations across Savannah ranging from Pooler to Beaufort, SC. Our southern style cooking has been a community favorite for years. We also will cater your events no matter how small or large to bring the south to you. Our recipes will take you back in time when times were slow, and the cooking was great.
Orlando, Florida
“NOT WHAT I EXPECTED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went for lunch and I was the first customer as soon as they opened. I was very frustrated with the food in general. It was obvious that the food were leftovers from the day before. Fried chicken was not crispy and juicy as you would expect from southern food, rice hand gravy was cold and had a weird smell, corn was corn and my friend's food was not edible. Too much money, too little food, attendant not friendly and cashier at the same time: managing food and money at the same time is certainly a lack of cleanliness.

Visited September 2012

Laguna Woods, California
“Great Oxtail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

While visiting Hilton Head Island we took a day trip to Savannah. We had checked several restaurants in the area and came across Sisters of the New South that served traditional southern cooking. The restaurant is cafeteria style dining and includes oxtail. We had never had oxtail before so the owner gave my wife and I each one to try before we selected our entree. It was wonderful...very sweet and meaty with the consistency of beef chuck roast. I had my oxtail served over yellow rice and my wife had the ribs....a wonderful way to end a busy day. We would surely go back in the future should we be in Savannah.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Unassuming appearance; Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We found out about this little spot from another Trip Advisor review quite by accident. This place is a real FIND for just good southern food. We were worried how the experience would be on a mid Sunday afternoon, but found everything simply delicious. Though it is a cafeteria style process of getting you food, Everything was as hot and fresh one could expect. There is a small dine in area beside the serving line, which was adequate seating wise, as about half of those there when we were opted for take out. Bring your appetite here. The portions are HUGE. The fried chicken was among the best we have ever had. The only drawback? No room for trying one of the desserts! This place isn't fancy at all, but the food is stellar.

Visited October 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Watch out Paula...Sisters of the New South is excellent! Just about a 10 minute drive from the historic district and no hour wait! Fabulous fried chicken!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Easily the best home cooking that I have had in the past 10 years.....maybe longer!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

If you are visiting Savannah, take the time and drive the few miles to go eat at The Sisters......great menu, great value.....simply amazing food. My wife and I spent a week in Savannah and we chose to eat "local" each night. We were never dissatisfied with our choices but this place was hands down the best and I could have just ate there all week and been a happy person.......

You MUST eat here if you are anywhere near Savannah!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere