“More Interesting Than I Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 120 Tours & Activities in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Up close, small group Savannah Ghost Walks at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm seven nights a week. Summer Special rates apply! 8:30 All Ages Tour-- $30 adults, $20 teens, $15 for 12 and under. The Late Night 10:30 pm Tour is for adults and very mature teens -- $35. Join local, native Savannah guides for an exploration of Savannah's haunted history and folklore while visiting some of Savannah's most historic and haunted locations.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Raleigh, North Carolina
“More Interesting Than I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I mainly went because my girlfriend wanted to, and I was expecting to spend most of the tour trying not to roll my eyes too noticeably. However, the 90 or so minute tour had enough actual history and local color to more than make up for the references to the paranormal. And if you're into the paranormal, than I would expect it to be even better. Also, any walking tour that takes a trip into a "haunted bar" that includes time to actually get a drink is a plus. I enjoyed the stroll far more than I would have liked looking at the buildings from a bus. One caveat is that the group was very small that night, and the intimacy of the event added to the charm- I can't speak for how different the experience might have been with more people along.

SavannahGhostWalks, Owner at Savannah Ghost Walks, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
We're glad that the tour exceeded expectations. Naturally, we host many different people with wildly different tastes and expectations. The great thing about Trip Advisor however, is that you can use previous guest reviews, our management responses, photos and descriptions etc. to decide if we are what you are looking for. By now, we're hosting more and more guests who already know that we specialize in well researched history over gimmicks, authenticity over fabricated stories, personal paranormal experiences over second hand accounts.

We don't "officially" go inside taverns. However, on occasion (depending on scheduling, availability, and the size of our groups) we will decide to visit the inside of a haunted inn or tavern in the historic district --- as long as the visit will enhance the tour while keeping pace with the schedule and comfort of our guests. We learn a lot about what works and what doesn't through our Trip Advisor guest reviews --- as you can no doubt see.

Thanks again to you and all the rest of ya'll who take the time to post your Savannah Ghost Walk experiences on Trip Advisor. We're grateful.

New york
3 attraction reviews
“Very Disappointing ghost tour....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Myself and 4 girlfriends took this tour while away for a weekend to see eachother and Savannah. The reviews on travel advisor were good, so we went with this one. I think Chase had some good stories to tell, but just couldn't get them out, and he rambled on instead. The tour went quite a bit longer than it was supposed to as a result. He also led us into an "inn" which his friend apparently owned. It was so smokey from cigarettes in there that it was hard to breathe. He got himself a drink and offered for others to do the same or use the bathroom. We had to stay there for 15/20 minutes, and couldn't wait to get out of there. There was one point where we were standing by a cemetery, and could hear someone else telling great stories/information to his group. Tried to listen to him intsead. Unfortunately I do not know which tour that was!

SavannahGhostWalks, Manager at Savannah Ghost Walks, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Like you --judging by the positive reviews -- I would have taken our tour as well. We hadn't advertised the tour as going inside the 1790 though we like to surprise our guests occasionally by going in there when we can. We had a scheduling challenge that night getting our guests in and out of the 1790 inn while still keeping the tour to 90 minutes. The 1790 is one of the most haunted inns in the Southeast and several other ghost tours go in and out of there over the course of an evening. Sometimes two companies arrive at the same time and the inn simply isn't large enough to accommodate all of us comfortably. We experienced one of those challenges that night and we've since worked everything out. I can only offer a sincere apology and trust that your overall experience of Savannah was a positive one.
North Carolina
“A must while in Savannah for those looking for a fun, informative ghost tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Many, many thanks to Chase Anderson for a great evening. I was looking for a fun and interesting ghost tour for myself and my ten year old, Savannah Ghost Walks did not disappoint. Having gone on quite a few ghost walks, I can say with some certainty that the tour guide will make or break the tour. You can have the scariest stories in the spookiest environment, but if your tour guide isn't up to snuff it will be a waste of your time. Thankfully, Mr. Anderson is a natural showman and story teller with genuine enthusiasm for his craft. We had a delightful time, can't thank you enough!

Gainesville, Florida
“If you take only one tour... take this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

So a group of my friends and I took our yearly trip to Savannah this past October and we usually squeeze in a few tours. This time we opted for Savannah Ghost Walks. Having been on our fair share of ghost tours, we weren't expecting anything new. We were wrong, Our guide Chase was funny and interesting. His story telling skills were impeccable. He answered questions and was thoughtful and accommodating to the entire group (there was a pregnant woman in our group).
His mannerisms and speech were so intriguing and I wont lie.. we picked up on some of his termonology.
The tour is by far the best we've been on.
At the end of the tour I think we all sort of expected him to just vanish in to thin air.
Fantastic tour. We would definitely take his tour again.

Clearwater, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful,informative,unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Last weekend my wife and I and two of our best friends spent a great evening with Chase on his ghost tour. I had been expecting a gimmicky boo type experience,but instead was transported to a new experience thru Chase's honest and informative presentation of the awesome history of this city and it's ghostly residents.He has a way of making you feel you are a part of the past with it coming alive around you..His historical knowledge of the events that created this city's aura was impressive. But the thing I will remember most is the twinkle in his eyes and the little smile he can't hide as he fast forwards you back to the present with amazing and ironic tales of recent events that prove the past.don't miss it!