“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 165 Activities in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Up close, small group Savannah Ghost Walks at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm seven nights a week. Summer Special rates apply! 8:30 All Ages Tour-- $30 adults, $20 teens, $15 for 12 and under. The Late Night 10:30 pm Tour is for adults and very mature teens -- $35. Join local, native Savannah guides for an exploration of Savannah's haunted history and folklore while visiting some of Savannah's most historic and haunted locations.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Worst story teller ever! Somehow Chase thinks by adding theatrics and drama to his voice he makes an interesting storyteller, quite the opposite. He just sounded cheesy and corny. Chase would repeat himself constantly with the same sayings,add drama to one word by repeating it three times. Ugh, I can't relay how terrible this truly was. He would get off track easily by talking to staff workers at moon river, like that wasnt a distraction. We booked this tour because it was available, don't make this same mistake. Wait for the ones that are sold out, that means they are worth your money. I completely feel ripped off and wished I could get my money back. Even my two kids (10,12) were bored to tears. That should be an indication, if you can't hold children's attention telling a ghost story, it must be pretty hokey. Sigh, completely underwhelmed and very disappointed!

Visited September 2012
GhostsofSavannah, Owner at Savannah Ghost Walks, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Well, I've taken a long while to respond to this one since its a fairly personal critique. I do learn from all criticism whether I feel it is objective or not and I must admit that I still can't help but wonder about the source. But that's not the point is it? The point is that its now posted for all the Trip Adviser world to see. Well, Trip Adviser World -- I can only say that the tour is a whole lot better than this critique. At least most of the other reviewers believe it is and that must count for something. If you're not satisfied with it afterwards let me know and I'll give you your money back. However, to whoever the source of this one is I can only say that your comments have helped to make me a better tour guide. Sometimes we think what we are doing is working but for some it obviously doesn't and that's important to pay attention to. I'm paying attention. Thank you.

New Bern, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Ghost Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked the 8:30 pm ghost tour last minute with Chase and he was very accommodating. The tour is so much more than a ghost tour. Chase is a historian and he weaves in the dark side of Savannah's history into his supernatural storytelling. My husband and I both had a great time listening to his stories while walking around town exploring the haunted buildings of Savannah. It was nice being with a small group too. Highly recommend this tour for anyone looking for a great ghost tour with lots of interesting history to boot!

Visited September 2012
New York
“Scary Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Chase is a historian as well as an intriguing story teller. He walks you through the historic streets of Savannah while he weaves together parts of its dark past to explore human atrocities inflicted upon the unfortunate persons of southern society during the early colonial times (lots of bloodshed, exploitation, repression, and unmarked graves) that continue to haunt our collective conscience. I highly recommend his tour for anyone interested in history, the paranormal, or spiritualism.

Visited August 2012
New Carrollton, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“First time, not the last :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I made reservations well in advance for this. He is much more skeptical than I am. We both went in with a desire for the historical background, along with the cool legends around it. I specifically signed up for the Fri the 13th Dead of Night tour, since I like the idea of an actual expirement/ghost hunt. While I was a bit disappointed in the shortness of the actual walk, since the ambience of the evening was perfect: Dark, empty streets, a swiftly passing rainstorm, I'd have loved to continue and hear the stories! But, the ghost hunt was great. I loved using my phone to DL the "Ghost Radar" (I also downloaded a EMF detector) . It was truly awesome. I loved hearing the stories of the Savannah Theater, and hearing the things we might experience, while IN the building, really helped me get into it. While Hubster still remains a skeptic, that's okay. I will be returning for another walk - preferrably all the walks - so I can check out what I missed. Thanks to Chris and Chase for all the fun!
PS: If you dont go to the bathroom beforehand, there are many places on the trip to run across to, or, if you go into a building like we did, there's usually one there (All the ladies made a trip at the close). Also of note: I wouldn't take any small children, particularly on the late night trips. Hearing screaming, tired children detracts from the ambience, and also, since Savannah allows public drinking, it may also not be so appropriate for them.

Visited July 2012
Vero Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My mother and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Savannah and one of the highlights was the walking ghost tour with Chase. His intelligence, knowledge and animated story telling was quite a refreshing change from many of the tour guides we have used in the past. We were so impressed with this tour, we highly recommend it to anyone interested in the paranormal experience and history of Savannah.

Visited June 2012