“Great Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Savannah Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Savannah Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Savannah Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   145 West Mulberry Boulevard, Exit 104 Off I -95, Savannah, GA 31322   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Alabama
“Great Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Decided to stay at the Embassy Suites rather than Hilton Garden Inn downtown Savannah because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor and because it's cheaper (daily parking fees, extra for breakfast). It worked out perfectly. Downtown is only about 15 minutes away. The hotel is clean and nicely furnished. The staff (front desk, housekeeping, and restaturant) was great - never had a problem out of any of them. Peggy (Penny?) was very helpful with locating toiletries for us. Our bed was very comfortable and the living room provided for extra sitting room. Rooms are nicely equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and "bar" sink. Also, there's a great desk area. There are two entrances to the bathroom - a nice feature - and a walk-in shower. The breakfast was great - both yellow and egg white are available in the omelet line. Many other items availble.

Located in what seems to be a newly developing area (Pooler GA) just outside of Savannah. Many restaurants, Walmart, Sams, movies theatre, skating/bowling are all available within a close distance of the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gauthamshetty, General Manager at Embassy Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Traveler Tff,

Thank you for the great review. You have mentioned all our value offerings from a complimentary cooked to order Breakfast, evening managers Reception offering alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages and a two room suite offering and not mention our great service. I look forward to your next trip to Savannah and your stay at our hotel.
Once again thank you for your valued business.

Gautham Shetty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in late October 2012. It was very clean and looked new and fresh. It has a large spacious lobby with a flowing water feature. The fluffy white comforter blankets in the rooms were a very nice, welcome touch. The evening snack and drink gathering was neat but you can only eat so much cheese and crackers.

Hotel was a few exits away from Savannah's Historic District, it took about 10 minutes to drive into town.

Overall, new, fresh looking hotel with a nice breakfast buffet (omelets made to order, pancakes, pastries, cereal and juices). Clean and comfy bedding, and nice double entry bathrooms. Flat screen TV's and Wi-Fi too !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DillonH,

Thank you very much for your valued business . I am glad that you enjoyed our Evening managers reception offerings. I look forward to your next stay with us.

atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I normally stay at hilton garden on my numerous business trips to Savannah (Hilton Gold member), but decided to give this hotel a try. The hotel itself was clean and nice, though (except for the great bartender) staff seemed not very engaged with customer needs. Still, I was shocked when FIVE DAYS AFTER I checked out there was a unexplained 50$ charge on my credit card. I called the hotel and discovered they decided I had had a pet with me and so i was charged. This was absurd, as I NEVER take pets with me on business trips. I asked (a) what proof they had and (b) why NO ONE AT THE HOTEL BOTHERED TO NOTIFY ME of the charge, and why I had to discover it on my own. The manager hemmed and hawed and could not offer any reasonable explanation except to say his cleaning manager told him she "thought" I had a pet (apparently if you leave a "do not disturb" sign on your door during the day they become suspicious). I pointed out that if they had the decency to call or email me THAT DAY I couldve come by and shown them I had no pet. He told me all they do is send a hard copy letter (which I never received), even though as a Hilton Gold member my contact info is easily accessible.

While he finally refunded the $50 charge, he seemed more irritated than apologetic. Accordingly i contacted Hilton to see if I could contact Embassy Suites on regional level to complain about him and his hotel, and was told it was "privately owned" so there was NO accountability beyond the hotel manager. Indeed, i have since discovered this hotel is owned by a family member of the manager--which doubtless explains his indifference to treating Hilton Gold customers so poorly.

STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK---in all my years as a loyal Hilton Honors member, I have NEVER been treated so poorly and with such indifference and lack of concern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear AndyK54,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way insulted or deceived. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Every guest is very important to us and we want to be sure that they know that. I again apologize for the inconveniences, but I am happy that the situation is resolved. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.

Hospitably Yours,

charlotte, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It really is shameful that the poor service, nasty staff, and lack luster management are going to deter me from a third or subsequent stay. I decided to give the hotel a second chance since the room was great despite the rude staff during my first service.

I was one hour from the hotel, and tired after driving all day, when I got a call from Penny, citing that there was a problem with my credit card and she wanted another card to hold my room (mind you, it was 4pm and the cancellation time is 6pm same day). I told Penny there must be a mistake because the card I hold hotel rooms with has a zero balance. She began to argue with me and I explained to her I was driving on I95, my purse, with my credit card was in the backseat, and it was impossible for me to give her a card en route, and that I would be at the hotel by 5pm. She insisted she needed a card, and when I challenged her with the 6pm cancellation time, insisted that she run the card on file again, etc. that she relented and told me I had until 5:30pm before she released my room (again, cancellation time is 6pm).

Upon arrival, I complained to the management (Mr. Shetty) and he was not much better. He argued with me about my card (without even trying to run it when I presented it to him when I arrived). My co-worker finally stepped in and paid for the room.

The room is still great in terms of cleanliness and comfort, but the staff have made me know that my travel dollars can be better spent elsewhere, but having dealt with the manager, it is no surprise that his staff are as unprofessional as they are. (Note, I had a great room when I was there in the summer for a stay, but deal with rude staff then as you can see in my other review of this hotel).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
gauthamshetty, General Manager at Embassy Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear CarolinaSunshine13,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with our front desk staff have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a another chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Collinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was very impressed with the motel........as well as the employees. It had a "hot" breakfast that came with the room...........food was great, although I wish it had been a little more varied. The room was clean and spacious...........especially since my daughter is in a wheel chair. I will definitely use this motel again when in the Savannah area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mary Y,
Thank You very much for staying with us and for a great review. We sure are glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Going to keep it short and sweet which accurately describes our stay (we only stayed one night at this hotel but it was sweet!) Nice room, great breakfast, free wii fi, Walmart is within walking distance, fridge and microwave in the room. We had a very good experience and we would most certainly come back.

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a newer, modern hotel in a new location. We were right off the interstate and never heard a single sound from outside - even though our room was on the interstate side of the hotel. There are tall trees surrounding the property, so when you looked out of the windows, all you saw was nature. The decor throughout the hotel was beautiful. I LOVED the fountain in the lobby!

Embassy Suites offers a full breakfast buffet, but we overslept and missed it. The reason we overslept was because the bed was so incredibly comfortable, so it was worth it!! I am a clean freak when it comes to hotels, and I had no complaint whatsoever! The bathroom had a shower stall, which I prefer to the combination tub/shower.

I can't wait until we visit Savannah again as we will definitely stay here again!!!

Beware if you use your GPS to find the hotel - our brand new one couldn't find the address. The Embassy Suites website warns you that this is a common problem!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!