“Uncensored Zombie Tour - Best Savannah Ghost Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Orb Savannah Ghost Tours

Blue Orb Savannah Ghost Tours
14 W Hull Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
+1 912-665-4258
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 166 Activities in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Savannah Ghost Tours at their best- Blue Orb Tours Was named "Best Savannah Ghost Tour" by The Destination Guide. Blue Orb Tours offers 3 ghost tours in Savannah, Ga. We have two adults only Savannah ghost walks (The Modern Hauntings Tour and The Uncensored Zombie Tour) as well as a family friendly ghost tour (The City of the Dead Tour). If you are a fan of Haunted Savannah, hags, shadow people, secret cemeteries and all things strange then Blue Orb Tours is for you. Reservations are required.
Gainesville, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Uncensored Zombie Tour - Best Savannah Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My adult daughter, husband and myself visited Savannah to hear more about its haunted history and chose the Blue Orb Zombie Tour. We thoroughly enjoyed it; by far the best tour of our time there. Topher was an EXCELLENT guide. He was concise, thorough,friendly and good humored. His stories & history lessons were on point, and his delivery captivating. I loved the fact that he presented us with evidence (pictures, official tax records, EVP's & video evidence). No other tour had this. I always enjoy the history behind a city and this tour delivered. Topher explained the effects of yellow fever on the city of Savannah plus the civil war events in the city. Bottom line, if you're looking for the best ghost tour in Savannah that's delivers great stories with evidence, do the Zombie tour. 5 Stars for Topher - he is a fantastic guide.

Detroit
“Well researched and well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I took the Uncensored Zombie tour and I'm so glad i did! It wasn't your run of the mill, campy, ghost tour but a well researched, history based exploration of some of Savannah's most interesting locations. Topher, the guide, was a fount of knowledge and very personable. He held the group's attention with fascinating stories and even provided (rather convincing) evidence of paranormal activity with the assistance of an iPad. Overall, I give this tour a 10/10. I plan to take the other tours offered by Blue Orb the next time I'm in town!

New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great ghost tour with hair-raising stories!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently went on a tour with Julie as my guide, and it was great! On a previous visit to Savannah, coincidentally she was the guide for my group (with a semi-photographic memory, it's difficult to forget faces). She gave a very interesting tour then, so I was pretty sure that this one would be very entertaining.

With much knowledge about the history of Savannah, coupled with tales of the supernatural, as well as a few personal anecdotes thrown in (which will give you goose bumps and chills), this tour with Julie is a must-do! By the way, the subject of this tour is "modern hauntings", so what sightings / hauntings have occurred recently are the main focus. A couple of Julie's personal anecdotes include: she was with a group on another tour in front of the 1790 House, talking about the money counter whom had lived there, and a penny fell from somewhere and landed next to one of the people in the tour group. Or, another time Julie was walking past the keyhole house, felt a chill, took a picture with her phone, and a huge orb appeared. Dust? Probably not. Don't believe me? Go on a tour with Julie, and she'll show you the photo herself.

One of the great things about this tour is that photos are encouraged! .....Just beware, what looks like one thing in what seems to be "real life", can show up either not at all, or as something very different in your photo.

Visited July 2014
Canton, Georgia, United States
“Blue Orb Zombie walking tour is excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a great tour guide, name of Topher; it cannot hurt that he is a theatre major either - the little things like just speaking from your diaphragm so that everyone can hear you even from afar is one detail that I would imagine other tours would be missing - but he made everything very engaging and interesting. Excellent information, and you could tell he was interested in the history of Savannah and the ghost legends themselves. I am not even a believer in paranormal at all (I half expected this to just be a laugh, which is why I went), but the mix of an obvious professional good at his job, armed with accurate, historical facts (some I knew to be true as he was saying them, others I researched later and found to be true as well, or at least mostly accurate), a beautiful town with amazing architecture and does actually put on a different vibe after dark, this I would say is a must do activity in Savannah.

It is NOT a pub crawl. That is a good thing, as it would completely break up the tour. What it is is a great way to hear about the seedy side of Savannah's history. Take a good camera with a fast lens - who knows what you might capture :) even if you have no belief whatsoever in the paranormal, this should still be on your list. I might even ask who is leading what tour at what time - try to get Topher as your guide, he was great. Topher, if you are reading this, I was on the tour that the lady passed out on -you used my GF's phone to call 911 - but that ended up being ok, and he got back into focus with no effort (although I think he felt bad about it, he still did a great job before and after).

It is an extended tour, nothing felt rushed or hurried - everything felt very rehearsed (in a good way) and professional, but just be aware that if you are going in summer it will still be sweltering at night so might be a better idea to bring water with you than an alcoholic beverage. One thing you also should know - because there is so much to cover in Savannah - there are multiple tours that cover different areas - you could go on several of these Blue Orb tours and not get the same venue twice. I know I'm doing at least one more, and bringing a faster lens :).

Thanks for the professionalism Topher, you made the tour what it was; engaging and memorable. I would certainly recommend this as top of my list of things to do in Savannah.

Richmond, Virginia
“All-Around Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Last summer, we went on a ghost tour in Charleston that left me hesitant to try another. But upon hearing that Savannah is the "most haunted city," we decided to give ghost tours another shot. I'm SO happy we found Blue Orb, and even happier we ended up with a great guide. Topher was AWESOME. He was not only very knowledgable, but also entertaining. He shared many interesting stories and fascinating events in a way that engaged the group, while also pointing out details that encouraged us to think a little more deeply about Savannah's rich history. I highly recommend Blue Orb and its phenomenal guides!! We will definitely be returning to Savannah, and when we do, one of the other Blue Orb tours will be on our itinerary.