“I will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Baldwinsville NY
“I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I decided to spend a night in Savannah before flying back North. I am SO happy we did! Galloway House has great ambience, a great location, and a great innkeeper! We had a huge two bedroom apartment, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, for a better than typical B&B price. The apartment was impeccably decorated. Jim provided us with lots of information on the sights and restaurants in the area. The kitchen was stocked with yogurt, granola bars, muffins, bagels, juice, water bottles...even wine! It was very convenient as we had an early morning appointment with a local guide, so we could sleep in, grab a quick bite and go. Galloway House also has two one bedroom apartments available in a separate Carriage House. It has a very lovely courtyard between the main house and the Carriage House, teeming with potted plants, sculpture and other greenery. I have never stayed at a B&B where I felt so comfortable and at home. The only downside...I only had one night to spend there. But I will be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We came to a dog show in Savannah and stayed at the Galloway house for a weekend. The apartment we stayed in was not the main building, but on the second floor of the guest house. It was very nice, clean, and comfortable. One of the few B&B's where there was enough drawer space! The continental breakfast was juice, water, coffee, yogurt, bagels, muffins, cream cheese. The apartment had a full and stocked kitchen. The garden was beautiful, and the house is just gorgeous from the outside. A huge amount of work was done by the owners to restore it. Speaking of the owners, they were great. They made sure I had great internet connectivity for work stuff, lent us folding chairs for the dog show, recommended restaurants, and generally were very nice. This was the very first time we traveled with our puppy and it was very nice. I've never stayed in a dog-friendly hotel before and assumed it would smell of dogs, or of disenfectant, but it didn't at all. A really nice stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for your kind review!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Be sure to stay at The Galloway House! Our Girlfriends Getaway just spent 4 days there and it was perfect on all levels! The home is gorgeous, the front porch was definitely our fav place to park/eat/drink and laugh! The gardens around the home are beautifully done. Keith has furnished it with everything one could want right down to "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" for your viewing pleasure. We went to a couple of Keith and Jim's recommended restaurants and they were right on the money!! Hope y'all get a chance to stay there!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. If you have a family or if you're traveling with a group o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Door County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Galloway House is the best kept secret in Savannah! Not only was the apartment we rented fully equiped with everything a vacationer could want, but also a folder filled with local history tidbits, personal recommendations for dining, a nice library selection and movie titles for anyone visiting Savannah. The place was emaculate, spacious and nicely decorated. It was like home away from home. More than enough space for a two people. The healthy food choices offered us were perfect after a long day of site seeing the historic section of Savannah. A very convenient location to not only the downtown area, riverwalk, but also a PUBLIX grocery as well as numerous dining options. All, excellent choices and reasonably priced. The gardens surrounding the Galloway House are inspiring to browse through. From the beautiful fountain, birdbaths, and unique archectural gardening pieces and lush planters. The birds singing throughout is an added treat. Jim and Keith have done a beautiful job of restoring an historic site. We felt very safe walking through the neighborhood. We can't wait to go back next year~

Room Tip: Consider Jim's lead to some excellent restaurant dining near by. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

NOTE - I have not stayed here. I reserved a room directly on the Galloway House website for MARCH 2013. I called and let my family know we were all set, and even recommended my brother reserve the lower part of the carriage house. I received a very nice welcome email from the owner that even promised a call in a few days. About an hour later I get a very short/cold email saying that the house was "closed to reservations" that week. It happens to be St. Patrick's Day weekend, and my bet is that the same place I was renting will marked up to a ridiculous rate and rented out. I made NO mistakes except choosing this place to stay, owned by a greedy person who was not intelligent enough to block the space on their own website. If you are going to be greedy and unethical at least be smart about it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Sometimes you just can't win! An older couple planning to have their wedding at our house had already reserved the apartment, and because computers can make mistakes, we check every reservation as soon as we receive it. In less than one hour we had issued a full refund, sent an email explaining the situation, and apologizing for the inconvenience. I think if I were greedy I would have kept the deposit, or charged a cancellation fee, or re-booking fee, or just did nothing for the next 11 and a half months. If I were unethical I would cancel an existing reservation at the prospect of a negative review. In a way, it is a great compliment that some, in anger and frustration, lash out when they can't stay with us, we certainly wish we could accommodate everyone wanting to visit The Galloway House!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in the carriage house at The Galloway House. We will no doubt return to Savannah - and will stay again at The Galloway House. It was beautiful inside and outside - very clean (and I am picky) - a true "home away from home" feeling surrounds you! All of the rooms are equipped with all the amenities - Jim & Keith - really don't miss a beat - we found a wonderful bottle of wine chilling in the refrig for us. Morning bagels and muffins with all the fixins - coffee beans/grinder/pot - juice, water & yogurt. We took advantage of the house bikes/helmets - and toured the historic district on bikes - on a beautiful morning! Please go and enjoy!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My partner and I have wanted to visit Savannah for more than 10 years. An upcoming birthday was the perfect excuse for us take the plunge, and just go. We looked around for someplace to stay, weighing options back and forth and decided on The Galloway House. Their web-site shows all of their accommodations clearly, and accurately. We chose the 1st floor of the carriage house. Perfect choice for us......... warm, inviting, and private. Jim greeted us at the front door, showed us the property, our apartment, how everything worked, and the binder with information about things to see. The apartment has everything you'd need (including things you might have forgotten). Jim and Keith were helpful with restaurant suggestions, and were right on the money with what we wanted. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we can't wait to return and continue our tour of Savannah. The Galloway House is a welcome home-away-from-home while on vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
We welcomed strangers but all too soon say goodbye to new friends!

Been to The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast? Share your experiences!