“Welcome to Savannah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast
107 E. 35th St., Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #14 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Welcome to Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My partner and I have wanted to visit Savannah for more than 10 years. An upcoming birthday was the perfect excuse for us take the plunge, and just go. We looked around for someplace to stay, weighing options back and forth and decided on The Galloway House. Their web-site shows all of their accommodations clearly, and accurately. We chose the 1st floor of the carriage house. Perfect choice for us......... warm, inviting, and private. Jim greeted us at the front door, showed us the property, our apartment, how everything worked, and the binder with information about things to see. The apartment has everything you'd need (including things you might have forgotten). Jim and Keith were helpful with restaurant suggestions, and were right on the money with what we wanted. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we can't wait to return and continue our tour of Savannah. The Galloway House is a welcome home-away-from-home while on vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
We welcomed strangers but all too soon say goodbye to new friends!

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

This inn is Pet friendly and is beautiful. The owners Keith and Jim are super nice and helped us in any way they could. Be sure to check out blowin smoke BBQ delicious! The bed in our apt(carriage house 2nd floor) was huge and super comfy!

• Stayed January 2012
Mickleham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Beautiful mansion, skillfully restored and tastefully decorated. Our hosts were there when you needed them, and not when you didn't. A lovely place to stay in a lovely city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Last weekend, I spent at the Galloway House and cannot express how fantastic the experience has been. The hosts Jim and Keith, two very down to earth people greeted me with my guests, made sure we were comfortable and offered an assistance that we needed. The first floor apt. was spotless, and all the comforts of home. Can't say that about many places today. Beds and baths provided with fresh linens, just comfy! Mornings were a joy to have a leisurely breakfast either in the sun room, or out on the front porch. Both the hosts offered us directions to some of the attractions in the Savannah area, and were readily available if anything was needed. Extra towels, give a call, you had them promptly. I cannot say how pleasurable this vacation had been. And definitely plann again to visit Savannah, and plan my stay at the Galloway House. You really could ask for a better place over a stuff hotel room! Kudos, Jim and Keith...clean, warm, friendly...real Southern hospitality!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in the second floor unit of the carriage house. Overall, the unit was nice enough...very comfortable bed. But the shower was nearly unusable. It was quite small with horrible water pressure. I hate to dwell on that detail, but it was truly bad. The coffee maker was not working properly and empty beer bottles from guests prior were left in the kitchen. Our parking spot was in the back alley behind the house and it was very unappealing and littered. And while the owners make the fact that no daily service visits by cleaning staff adds to the undisturbed experience...having a kitchen with no dishwasher left us with a sink of dirty dishes after day one. I am being picky in this review and don't intend to paint an entirely awful picture, but as someone who relies on reviews myself, I wish I had this info prior to booking. I imagine the main house units are better.

• Stayed September 2011
KeithinSavannah, Owner at The Galloway House Apartment and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Shortly after arriving this guest called saying didn't know how to turn on the DVD player, and because we live on the 2nd floor of the main house I immediately went to her apartment and showed her how the DVD and HDTV work. The guest never called about water pressure, beer bottles, the coffee maker or any other issue. I spoke to the guest twice more during their stay and upon their departure, each time asking if everything was okay and was there was anything I could do for them. They never mentioned any of these issues and in fact said that everything was good and they had a great stay. Since this review was posted we have called this guest repeatedly, emailed and mailed a letter asking if she could clarify her statements but she has not responded.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

A beautifully restorated mansion in the historic district of Savannah, with a charming garden. Jim & Keith, the hosts, gave us the feeling of visiting and staying with friends. Thus, not a typical B&B. The apartments have a kitchenette and is supplied with everything you need, including Bagels, muffins, juice, yoghurt and coffee for your consumption. Even a bottle of complimentary wine. We didn't miss any service, therefore neutral rating.
Also our 4 legs family member enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I booked the Galloway House for September 2-4, 2011. My cousin and his wife were visiting me in Atlanta from San Francisco and wanted to visit Savannah during their 8 day stay. We planned the trip in early 02/11. We rented the first floor main house (2 couples) and truly enjoyed our visit. The house and garden were beautiful, the price is very resonable for 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a full kitchen, living room, dining room, a fabulous front porch, and sun room. There was plenty of space for 2 couples. I liked the fact that it was not a traditional Bed & Breakfast. The kitchen was stocked with continental breakfast items, a variety of spices, cooking utencils, pots/pans, flatware, etc. If we decided to cook we had everything we needed. In Savannah, GA with all the great restaurants we had no cooking intentions, but was glad the option was there. The owners leave you to yourself which was outstanding. There are bikes at your disposal to discover Savannah and it's beautiful parks/squares without worrying about finding a parking space. I felt like I was visiting my vacation home in Savannah, GA. I have recommended this location to several people who like this kind of vacation (there are many who prefer the "personal private" touch). Keith and Jim are great host. We left an item unexpectedly and Jim promptly mailed it to me and would not accept reimbursement. How often in this day and age do you get that kind of service!!! When I return to Savannah for a retreat I can only hope there is availability at the Galloway House.

Room Tip: Book early there are only 4 apartments.