“Good for the money!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Bayonne
“Good for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is within 10 minutes driving to the historic area. The area is near a shopping mall if that suits you. The room was comfortable enough and clean. Breakfast was just ok. Not bad but have had some better in other hotels. But I wouldn't let it stop anyone. Had one insignificant problem and the manager was very very helpful. Good staff. Highly recommend if you don't want to stay in the more expensive historic hotels. Parking free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Parking garage is nice. The room was clean, but the hallways not as clean as expected of Hampton. I found the staff friendly, my wife did not. No cookies in the evening at this one; so many have them now, it is a small disappointment when one does not.

Janesville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a reservation here recently and I was excited to check in and get to our room. I guess I should have known that there would be issues when we came in and there were several people checking in, several waiting to speak to the clerk regarding their complaints (I heard) and ONLY 1 Check in CLERK for a hotel that was full. I asked the clerk where her associate was. She stated, "we are working on it." (What this meant, I do not know although I heard," we are working on it a lot.")

So we finally got checked in and are on our way to our room when I noticed how dirty this hotel is. Very stained carpets and furniture in the breakfast rooms and those stained carpets continued throughout the hotel and into our room. In the two days that we were there, we observed the same wind blown debris all around the doors and no one swept it up.

Several issues I had with this place include the following:

-Slow wi-fi which kept telling me that they were charging me even though it stated that it was complimentary.
-Not enough towels in our room,
-No pool towels in the pool area. Customer's told to use their own room towels by front desk clerk. Ahem, what are we supposed to use in the a.m.?
-No butter with breakfast. When I asked where the butter was, clerk pointed me to margarine. When I stated that I wanted butter, she stated that they didn't get a delivery that day.
-Watered down coffee and juices.
-Carpets that needed to be vacuumed on our floor. The same silk petals that fell off of someone's bouquet were there the whole time I was there. Told housekeeping about it and they vacuumed 3 feet near my room but never vacuumed the whole floor which really needed it.
-When I asked the housekeeper if my room had clean sheets, she could not communicate with me. She contacted someone who speaks English who then came into our room. He informed me that they would indeed put fresh sheets on our bed but you have to ask for them daily.
-Extreme bubbles in hot tub.
-Nail polish stains on our tile in kitchen. When I told housekeeping about it, he stated that he knew about it and had told maintenance about it but they had done nothing about it.
-Mildewy grout in bathroom tub.

When I told the day clerk about our issues, she stated she would take down my phone number and the manager would get back to me regarding the issues. Still waiting.

It seems management just wants to take in the money without putting any back into running this facility. Lack of staff, skimping on food, unkempt facilities, etc. Where else are they trying to save money? There are other hotels in this town. I suggest checking into other ones. This place is too expensive to put up with these problems. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns but never one that did not want to hear about the concerns from the customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arlington VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights - March 8 & 9. The hotel is very nice and we liked everything about the room. We had a jacuzzi in the corner of the room which helped us warm up after touring the historic district during rather cold weather. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is very generous and varied. We liked staying in the midtown location because it was an easy, short drive in to the historic district and when we were done enjoying that we had the quiet environment of the midtown area to relax. We had a top floor room to avoid nosie overhead. The only noise we heard was from when someone opens/closes their door as the doors are heavy and quite noisey...but that wasn't a big deal. We would definitely stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Savannah Midtown again.

Room Tip: We asked for top floor so no noise overhead at night. The jacuzzi rooms are nice in cold weather.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent two nights at this Hampton Inn just this past week. The folks at the front desk were nice, polite, efficient, and able to answer a number of questions about the area. The room was spotless and very quiet. There are blackout drapes which worked REALLY well when I wanted a quiet afternoon nap before heading out again. The breakfast was as good as any Hampton Inn (I'm a Hilton Honors member and travel often) and the ladies keeping it stocked were great. On the morning I checked out, I spent a while sipping coffee and got to watch the desk clerk handle a number of check-outs, phone calls, and questions with a smile and without missing a beat. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn and will stay here again! (Also, there's a Fresh Market and a Starbucks within a few minutes walking distance.....doesn't get much better than that!! )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Montevallo, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Accommodation at this hotel were more than I expected. The hotel appears to be new(ish), the staff is very friendly and helpful, the bed amazingly comfortable, free wi-fi... what else is there to say. All in all, an excellent hotel that I would certainly stay in again and a great value in the area. The free continental breakfast was extremely good as well. Highly recommended!

Holden Beach, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I waited to do this review because I contacted Hilton Properties about an incident that happened during our two night stay March 8th and 9th.

I had reserved a jacuzzi room. When we got there I was impressed with the front desk staff and the hotel looked new and clean. When we entered the room the two person jacuzzi was in the corner of the room. I immediately noticed a chemical cleaning odor...I also started sneezing. I sneezed for about 30 minutes but then stopped. About an hour later I noticed a red area on my arm about the size of a quarter. Still didn't think much of it...we left the room and went to dinner...by the time dinner was done I was broken out in hives on arms and legs..to the extent it required a visit to Urgent Care and steroids...

Management was great...moved us to another room while we were at Urgent Care and also gave us directions on how to get there. When we got home I emailed Hilton to ask if this room had an extra deep cleaning and or the jacuzzi had been cleaned with something because I have never had anything like this happen before. I received an email back yesterday saying they had checked with cleaning supervisor and that no unusual cleaning products had been used and in their opinion my "rash" was not caused by the room...So be it and I take some responsibility for not exiting the room immediately after I started sneezing. We were in room 414...so just a heads up be aware of your surroundings and listen to what your body is telling you, I am convinced it was something in the room that caused the allergic reaction.

I liked this property and the area...staff was very helpful, but sadly I will cross Hilton properties off my list of places to stay. I do not believe that they took my complaint seriously.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GM_HIS_Midtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry that you had an unfortunate experience at our hotel. Please know our guests satisfaction is most important to us and we take all guest complaints seriously. We conducted an investigation with Housekeeping to ensure no new chemicals where used in the cleaning process and we found nothing out of the ordinary. We have been using the same cleaning products since we opened in 2009 and never have encountered a problem before. We are very sorry you had a reaction while staying with us and lost faith in Hilton hotels. We hope you will give not only our property but other Hilton hotels another chance to show you that we are a caring company that takes the comfort and safety of our guests as a top priority. We wish you the best in your recovery and hope to see you as our guest again.

Felton Clark

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!