“Family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% Book Early
Ranked #15 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located within 15 minute walking distance of the River walk. The staff was very friendly to provide you with recommendations of nearby restaurants. Our suite was very clean and I was pleased with how quiet the neighboring guests were. My son was happy to discover they place cookies out at 7pm. However, I was more impressed with the array of breakfast items. Be sure to arrive early, if you want to snag a seat in the dining area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Newer property, I think about 3 years old. Staff is friendly enough, rooms are nice enough, location is good enough. Nothing spectacular about this hotel but you will most likely be satisfied.
I have to admit, although it may not be an issue with this hotel, I was a little miffed when I checked in and was not offered a bottle of water or a snack or anything. You would think being a frequent guest would at least get you a bottle of water after a long drive. I was told that I must have chosen to receive points or something??? I know it's picking nits, but I will probably be hitting the Holiday Inn properties more frequently because of a bottle of water.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a little bit off I-95 for a one-night stay but I did it because it seemed to be in a safe neighborhood and indeed it is. It is also convenient to the historic district if you are there for a longer visit. There is a nice shopping center just beyond it with a Fresh Market, Starbucks, etc. There is also an enclosed parking garage which I particularly liked as I am often traveling with a large amount of luggage which I do not want to lug in for one evening.

There are the usual Hampton Inn amenities and the hotel was pretty well kept up although not new. The staff are helpful and courteous. The gym was in good condition and I was very happy with what appeared to be a new elliptical machine. I did not have the complimentary breakfast so can't comment but the coffee was good. I thought it was very good value and I would come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
La Verne, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was extremely pleased with the cleanliness. That issue was especially important to us because we had spent the previous 3 nights in a not-so-clean place in Pompano Beach, FL. The hotel is either newer or very well-kept--or both. I chose the midtown location instead of the historic district because I didn't want to pay for parking. The location turned out to be just a quick 5-minute drive to the historic district. Lots of restaurants within a 3-4 minute drive. There's an indoor pool that we never used it, but my hubby did use the exercise room which he found very nice. No real complaints about the staff but there was not the level of friendly interaction or helpfulness that we had experienced two weeks earlier in New Orleans at the Country Inn and Suites. I think I've been forever spoiled by the CI&S!! If you're looking for a well-kept and clean hotel that's close to the historic district and affordable, this may be a good choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Absolutely friendliest staff willing to accomodate on every level! Have had a minor bump with housekeeping issues while traveling with my 14 month old grandson but otherwise WILL continue to book here just for the excellent guest service!

Room Tip: Suites are amazingly roomy and offer all you need if you are staying more than a day or two and trav...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
North Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while in town for the birth of our Granddaughter. The property is well maintained and was squeaky clean. The breakfast was OK but not great, but I'm finicky anyway... The only problem we had was the a/c unit in our room was extremely loud when the compressor kicked on. Over all it was a very nice stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The hotel was very clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the river district, not far and a lot cheaper than the hotels down there. Breakfast was good, the staff always made sure everything was filled at all times. The parking ramp gets filled fast on weekend, so expect to park on top if u come back late on the weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!