“Inexpensive and adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Montreal, Canada
“Inexpensive and adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

It was a quick stopover en route - very clean, very inexpensive with a discount coupon from "motel saver" booklet - the only small inconveniences were finding an electrical outlet for my laptop - finally moved the table and used the one near the wash basin - and no milk or cream for the morning coffee - only that awful powdered "creamer". Good, fast wi-fi internet - Denny's restaurant right next door.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

The entire hotel is DISGUSTING bad roach problem and needs to be shut down !!!! My boyfriend decided to stay there because of the price and the location . It was only for one night so after getting in the room and we started looking around the towels , bed , tub EVERYTHING was FILTHY ! It smells I wouldnt let my dog stay there . At the check-in her words were " NO REFUNDS " I shouldve told him to turn around then.. After seeing the room I went back to the office and complained on the room so then he showed us another room which was even worst so I ask could I just pay the difference for a better room since all the 29.99 room where ridiculous . After walking us around to several other rooms I just told him just not to worry about the refund we will just go some where else im NOT exaggeratin its very NASTY and FILTHY ! SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

• Stayed February 2012
Spring Lake Park, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The prices were horrible for even the type of room they give you. If you want the $29.99 deal those are rooms with no air or heat, tv or fridge. The floors were stained, the towels were stained, there was cuts on the bedding/sheets along with stains, the bathroom was not clean, handles/coat racks were falling apart, lights did not work, my door did not shut all the way. I did not feel safe in this hotel. I had brought a sheet on my trip so I took that and laid it across the dirty bed. It was a horrible experience and I will never in my entire life go back. If the hotel lets you check the hotel room, walk away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
cambridge, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

When registering the clerk hand wrote the price on a piece of paper, I assumed to eliminate any language/accent barriers. I was then handed the key and told to check the TV and air conditioning in the room. I did, quickly looking around. Went back, Ok'd it, and was charged $10 over the price on the paper. The clerk said I was mistaken! I stayed because we were exhausted. What I did not see when quickly looking around was the absolutely filthy bathroom, moldy wall, gray linens, etc. We slept in our clothes, on top of the bedspreads and did not use the shower!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010 via mobile

Awfull experience, unclean linens & generally dirty room.
Having just pulled off the I95 after a long drive we were tempted by the illuminated sign advertising cheap accomadation-we should have know better!
My wife still shudders at the thought of the roach found in our toddlers bed!

• Stayed November 2010
RICHMOND
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

if you like sleeping with roachs we check out at 1030pm check in am left room came back evening showered wife went to bed i turned out lites left television on i was sitting in chair watching T V i notice something on bed it was roaches every where woke wife up and checked out they would not refund moneys for room.next day i notified local health department BEWARE

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

This property may have recently been a Rodeway Inn and has, apparently, changed ownership and changed its affiliation. It shares a parking lot with an Econolodge and a Perkins restaurant, and since they're painted the same colors, it's easy to confuse where one property ends and the other begins.

The location is convenient for Interstate travelers and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance.

The room rate was excellent but the property is substandard and should be avoided until it is brought up to minimum hospitality standards.

When I called and verified a coupon rate, it was confirmed. When I arrived, that rate, displayed on a large sign out front (no coupon required) was also confirmed. When I was handed my credit card slip to sign, it was higher. The desk clerk only repeated, "That's what's in the computer for that room." and made no effort to correct it. Every time I asked him to explain the difference between what, not 5 minutes earlier he had quoted and what he put on the charge slip, he merely repeated , "That's what's in the computer for that room.". I was tired, I was getting nowhere, and it was a minor amount, so I let it go. For that one experience, I wouldn't stay here again.

My room was dirty (bits of debris on the floor, hair in the bathroom sink, food spatters in the microwave) and it was in need of repair (bathroom door had no doorknob, only a hole where one was supposed to be, the commode seat was cracked all the way across).

The deadbolt on my entry door would not lock, but the chain lock was in working order.

The heater/air conditioner had two knobs with no decals or markings to indicate what either was for. I guessed at a workable position for both knobs and the unit worked satisfactorily through the night.

The wireless internet did not work. When I reported it, some effort was made to reset it but it still did not work.

While taking my shower the next morning, I ran out of hot water.

On a positive note, the property is headed in the right direction. My furnishings appeared if not new, nearly so, and the room contained a refrigerator, microwave, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, and a very comfortable bed with clean linens.

I suggest to the owners that more attention be paid to cleaning the rooms, learning to change rates in their computer system, and quickly repairing the deficiencies in the rooms. Until then, I cannot recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Scottish Inns? Share your experiences!