“Awesome experience for my wife and I” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Madison Tour Company

Madison Tour Company
31 Barnard Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-658-1364
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 120 Tours & Activities in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Madison Tour Company's horse drawn carriages offer both group tours and private tours throughout Savannah's landmark historic district.We are conveniently located on Ellis Square,in the City Market,just one short block west of Paula Deen's resteraunt The Lady and Son's.Should you choose to take a private carriage tour you may customize your pick up location and destination drop off.Our carriages are also available for weddings and special events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Savannah, Georgia
“Awesome experience for my wife and I”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Madison Tour Company is outstanding. I live in Savannah with my wife and two children. Our children are 3 and 4 so suffice it to say, we don't get out much (just the two of us). I am not a romantic person. I have tried in the past and it doesn't ever turn out too well. So, I researched local companies who offer private carriage rides. After much research (not just tripadvisor), I chose to go with Madison Tour Company. I spoke with Dee (owner) personally, probably over a half a dozen times. Even though we are local, like I said before, we do not get out much. It was my wife's 30th birthday and I owed it to her to make it memorable, after all she is the wonderful mother to our two children. That, in and of itself, makes her deserve a great experience. I talked to Dee and she asked what I had planned. I told her I was thinking a private carriage ride, followed by dinner, flowers, and maybe drinks afterward. She gave me some great suggestions for local restaurants and a florists that could deliver to the one I chose. I could not get reservations to the Old Pink House, because they were booked. I told her about it and she called me back and told me she, not only, got reservations, but also could drop us off, at the end of the tour, right in front of the restaurant. I called the florist and they told me getting flowers delivered on that date/time would be no issue. However, the weather was promising to be an issue. I called Dee and asked to have the whole set of events pushed earlier in the week and she didn't hesitate to offer the same help she offered before. I was able to arrange the flowers and dinner reservations on my own, this time, for the earlier date. Dee was the driver of the most beautiful, white, carriage and had plenty of blankets for us, as it was a chilly night. My wife told me it was one of the best nights she had in a long time, if not ever. I can't thank the whole crew of Madison Tour Company enough. There was a review about not being able to get a hold of anyone, but that must have been a fluke circumstance. Not only was the carriage extremely awesome, but the knowledge about Savannah gained on the tour was invaluable. Thank you so much for such a great time and excellent assistance with planning the rest of the evening.

Visited December 2013

Springfield, Georgia
“Our highlight of this Christmas season!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nothing is more beautiful than Savannah lit up with Christmas lights! My husband and I along with our 5 grandchildren (ages 5-8-10-17 &19) had the pleasure of a 6pm wagonette ride last night. The two ladies (the driver and tour guide) and our beautiful horse, Savannah, helped make it a great night. The Christmas decorations were unbelievable and we learned so many stories and historic tidbits. The ladies geared everything to our different ages. I wish we had time to go again during this Christmas season because it is worth enjoying several times!

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Added stress to our vacation!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We tried for three days to make a reservation but couldn't get a hold of any one. When we finally were able to make a reservation the carriage never showed up. We called the company and they tried to put us on a carriage with another couple riding backwards or on one after we left Savannah. Don't waste your time with this company there are many other companies that are easier to contact.

Madisontourcompany, Owner at Madison Tour Company, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We certainly are not aware of any incident of this sort. Please refer to other reviews.
Pensacola, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Good tour, well cared for horse.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I researched the carriage tour companies of Savannah before choosing Madison. We were very pleased with our selection. We took a private, day tour. The guide was friendly and informative. The horse appeared to be very healthy, not overworked. Some of the others around town made me feel sad for them because their hooves were chipped or they were a bit "ribby". We would definitely recommend Madison Tour Company to others!

Visited October 2013
Georgia
15 attraction reviews
“Nice tour but should have done public instead of private”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I want to start off by saying the tour guides were great and gave us lots of information and suggestions on restaurants. The only downside was that I had booked a private carriage tour in one of the white carriages, but earlier in the day on my way into Savannah, I got a phone call that because there were some rain showers expected, that they would be using a different type of carriage with a top. They wanted to check to be sure if that was okay. I told them it was, so they can't be blamed for that. When we got into town and were waiting in Ellis Square for our tour, we saw other tour companies using the white carriages like I was expecting, so I had hoped they had changed their minds about the other carriage, but they didn't. It just was not the romantic horse and carriage ride I had hoped for. You sit in a buggy on seats that are sideways, so it's harder to see everything. Instead of spending the extra money on a private tour, I should have just done the public tour. Next time, I would just wait until I got into town to see what was available. As I said, they clearly told me what the plan was and called to make sure I was okay with it, so I can't blame them, and they were great tour guides and very nice ladies.

Visited October 2013
Madisontourcompany, Owner at Madison Tour Company, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We would love to have you back on a rain free day. Next time it's on us! Thank you!