“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Madison Tour Company

Madison Tour Company
31 Barnard Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-658-1364
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 165 Activities in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Madison Tour Company's horse drawn carriages offer both group tours and private tours throughout Savannah's landmark historic district.We are conveniently located on Ellis Square,in the City Market,just one short block west of Paula Deen's resteraunt The Lady and Son's.Should you choose to take a private carriage tour you may customize your pick up location and destination drop off.Our carriages are also available for weddings and special events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Byron, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I really apreciate how flexible this company is. As we have two year old and one year old we had hard time finding carriage horse ride that would take us around for less than 50 minutes since our girls attention is of a fruit fly. We were told "NO" so many times we almost gave up asking. We came upon Madison tour company carriage on the street and i told my husband "this is it, i am asking for the last time" and sure enough they took us around for 20 minutes. It was just a perfect time. Our two year old still talks about it month later. Thanks a million for being so understanding!

Visited April 2013

Poole, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
“Excellent, relaxing way to explore Savannah's history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked a deluxe private carriage tour with picnic from Paula Deans restaurant and it was amazing. The carriage was beautifully decorated with flowers, clean and spacious and our picnic all laid out so we could munch whilst we toured. Lauren sat in the carriage with us and explained about the buildings as we passed and being at such a slow pace you appreciated the architecture much more. The food was also excellent. Dee was an excellent driver and cared really well for her horses which we certainly not overworked, as some carriage companies seemed to do. Really worth the money

Visited May 2013
Hong Kong, China
10 attraction reviews
“Willing to go the extra mile - literally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was staying in Savannah for only 3 days and wanted to fit in a lot of activities in that limited time. Though a horse drawn carriage tour was high on our list of "to do" items, some of our group of 5 ladies wanted to do a history tour and others wanted a ghost tour.

Initially I tried to book through another tour company, which was higher on the list of Tripadvisor tour companies. I explained that I wanted to do a mixed history/ghost tour (something that they claimed on their website they were able to do) - and I wanted to be collected from the house that we were renting in the historic district. They were unable to meet my requirements and on inquiry I found that the one hour tour would actually take only 50 minutes.

In contrast, Dee at Madison was able to accomodate us for a 90 minute tour, giving historical and architectural information - as well as pointing out the "haunted" buildings and telling us their stories. She picked us up at the house and dropped us off at a pre-appointed destination, where she had a fabulous taxi driver waiting to whisk us off to Bonaventure Cemetery for our after hours walking tour there. I mention this because taxi services in Savannah are a little hit and miss - and we would never have found the excellent services of Big Eric without Madison.

She was also very helpful in recommending places to eat and drink. All in all she was a pleasure to deal with.

The carriage was very pretty, clean and well maintained. The horse was obviously well cared for and well groomed.

My only suggestion to Dee, if she reads this was that because her voice is quite low pitched, she might find it easier to be heard over the noise of the traffic and surroundings if she uses a head-set microphone - but this is a small detraction. She was worth listening to and gave us a lovely time.

This company is, I think, a relative newcomer to the horse-drawn carriage tour scene in Savannah - but it deserves a much higher ranking than its current position on the Tripadvisor listings suggests.

I thoroughly recommend their flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.

Visited April 2013
Sunrise, FL
12 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend (again)...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

During Savannah's busiest time of year, St. Patty's day, I surprised my gf with a romantic, evening carriage ride. We had such an outstanding time (healthy horse, gorgeous carriage, well mannered/local/knowledgeable guide) that I decided to book again as a surprise/early holiday present for my parents.

Dee helped me with the minor details (making sure my folks had some delicious hot cocoa and fresh cookies for the ride) all over the phone. She is a pleasure to speak with and runs a first-class business. The excitment in my mom's voice as she was getting on the carriage (she had to call me to tell me she had never been on a carriage before and couldnt believe her and my stepdad were going on one) and the constant "thank yous" afterward, along with how wonderful the guide (Lauren, I believe) was and how she got to pet the horse for a little bit-- was exactly the results I was looking for.

Ill be sure to use Madison Tours again and will recommend it to family, friends and really anyone looking for another way to enjoy Savannah!

Big thank you again to Dee and her tremendous staff!

Visited December 2012
Mebane, NC
17 attraction reviews
“Evening Carriage Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our tour guide was so friendly and knowledegable. We had a fun hour riding through the streets of Savannah while we learned about its history. We had booked a tour for later in the evening, but when we arrived early, they were very accommodating and allowed us to take earlier tour. It worked out that we were the only guests for the tour, so it was a private tour for our group. It was a different and fun outing.

Visited August 2012