“Second time coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Papillote - French Cuisine To-Go

Papillote - French Cuisine To-Go
218 W. Broughton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-232-1881
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: "The" French Cuisine To-Go shop located in Downtown Savannah. Eat in or take out - very casual and a great atmosphere but with no table service. Our focus is the food!
“Second time coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my second visit to papillote. This time I went for the salmon papillote. It was so good, it's ridiculous. No fishy taste and just full of flavor. It's served in a huge bubble of foil, where its steaming. Apparently the word papillote is a french way to cook food, and this is it. My girlfriend had their pizzete? I think that's how they pronounced it. It was pretty much a pizza. She loved it. I didn't try it because I didn't want to ruin the taste of my salmon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

One of my favorite places in Savannah! Every time I am on Broughton Street I have to make a quick stop by this place! You have to try the Orzo and the Almond Tart!!!

Visited April 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It really is French food to go.... I love the crab tartine.... The restaurant is bistro style and they have awesome macaroons

Visited May 2013
Topeka, KS
“We just made it, and it was worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We arrived literally minutes before closing time at 7PM, and questioned whether we were too late to order. The staff said, "Oh no, we'll be here until everyone leaves." With that, we ordered the day's special, Tilapia en Papillote, and the Crab and Mango Tartine. "I'm sorry, but the Tilapia will take 25 minutes to fix, is that OK?" "Sure," I replied, "I'm not in any rush." Boy was I glad we stayed. The tilapia was superb, the presentation was artful, and the portion was generous. My wife loved her tartine. By the time we finished, we were the only people in the place. We said our thanks and "au revoir". If we're lucky, and can fit it in, we may go back to Papillote for brunch tomorrow. I wish we had a place like this at home, it would be great to take impressive looking and great tasting meals home with me from work.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah
“Not a Fan!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am a local and finally tried this restaurant. I love authentic French food and read some of the positive reviews here. First, it is very small and cramped and the day we were there all tables were full and we were literally dining with the college students at the next table. I ordered the Duck Confit and it had been rewarmed too long. The cutlery is plastic and I had trouble cutting it on the paper plates as it was tough and stringy. The entrée my guest had was lukewarm. We requested ice water and were charged for it because the cups were biodegradable. I don't get all the hype but we will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013