I had a quick in-and-out 1 day stay in Savannah, so on the advice of a local friend I elected to stay at the bohemian instead of a standard Marriott, Hyatt, Westin etc.. And I am glad that I did.
Here are the most important things you need to know..
1. Book or ask for a river facing room. Even numbers are river, odd numbers are city-facing. Request a Balcony as a bonus!
2. The hotel has 8 floors plus the roof - the 4th floor is ground/lobby level so you generally want to be on floors 5-8.
3. The hotel is in a great location, between Bay and River Roads and is easy to get to. It's about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport, or easily accessible off I-16 or Rt17 if driving.
4.BUT - Valet Parking is $25 and it can take a while (especially when busy) to get your car back.
5. The rooms do have that "Bohemian/Bed & Breakfast" feel. They're not large, but are well-appointed and luxurious. My room had a comfy king bed, soaking/hot tub, robes, fur-type blanket. All very nice.
6. Visit Rocks on The Roof. It's the bar on the top of the hotel - great views, fireside pits etc. Highly recommended. It's really the guest hangout as there is very little lobby space.
7. Services was fabulous. I felt as if I was a valued guest.
8. Ground level (Floor 1) takes you down to the Rocks on the river Restaurant and out to the cobblestones of River Road. Nice walk on a quiet morning.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.