“Eight Things You Should Know..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection

You added The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #21 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Eight Things You Should Know..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had a quick in-and-out 1 day stay in Savannah, so on the advice of a local friend I elected to stay at the bohemian instead of a standard Marriott, Hyatt, Westin etc.. And I am glad that I did.

Here are the most important things you need to know..

1. Book or ask for a river facing room. Even numbers are river, odd numbers are city-facing. Request a Balcony as a bonus!

2. The hotel has 8 floors plus the roof - the 4th floor is ground/lobby level so you generally want to be on floors 5-8.

3. The hotel is in a great location, between Bay and River Roads and is easy to get to. It's about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport, or easily accessible off I-16 or Rt17 if driving.

4.BUT - Valet Parking is $25 and it can take a while (especially when busy) to get your car back.

5. The rooms do have that "Bohemian/Bed & Breakfast" feel. They're not large, but are well-appointed and luxurious. My room had a comfy king bed, soaking/hot tub, robes, fur-type blanket. All very nice.

6. Visit Rocks on The Roof. It's the bar on the top of the hotel - great views, fireside pits etc. Highly recommended. It's really the guest hangout as there is very little lobby space.

7. Services was fabulous. I felt as if I was a valued guest.

8. Ground level (Floor 1) takes you down to the Rocks on the river Restaurant and out to the cobblestones of River Road. Nice walk on a quiet morning.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will be back.

Room Tip: Request River View (even numbered room) above floor 5. With balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Will admit, it seems to be a nice property and a convenient location. For a high end boutique at a high end price, it lacks some perks. No drink/wine reception. Room stylish though not larger than standard box hotel. Bathroom grout needed attention. Bar at main restaurant smelled like a college beer bar = dirty behind appearance.
Requested king bed, high floor. High floor may have been problem anyway because band played at roof bar loudly. Nonetheless, booked early, checked-in early, received one level above street overlooking (historic view) valet stand.
Staff was very nice. Food okay.
Might just want to go standard hotel for less or try higher reviews place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Loyal2Cubs,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your recent experience at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. I am very sorry to hear you found the experience less than you expected.

It is feedback like yours that helps us relentlessly improve our service day after day.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance on a future visit to Savannah and obtain the room features you prefer.

At your service,

Kurt Englund
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel has a bed and breakfast feel but with hotel amenities. The rooms are standard hotel rooms but decorated beautifully. Service from staff (valet, front desk, room service) was great!! The hotel is a wonderful location (directly on the river) -close to restaurants, shops, and site seeing spots. I would definitely recommend and will hopefully be back here in the future!

Room Tip: There are 2 views...river and street view. We had a view of the street but didn't mind since dow...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. The bellhop was the nicest young man and showed us how to work the television. The hotel has a lovely and funky decor, like modern meets old ship. Our room had a view of the river and everything was in walking distance.

Parking is an issue in Savannah,the valet parked the cars a few blocks away so be prepared to wait for your car.

Room Tip: Request a riverfront room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
St.Augustine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

First the pros, right on River Street so location is superb. Newer hotel with current, chic, eclectic furnishings. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very comfy bed. Call from the front desk about 20 mins after check in to see if everything is to our liking (see below)
Cons, pricey specially if you want to face the river. Room on the smallish side for the price. Night stands are large but offer NO storage? Why? Could hear a guest in another room snoring. When I checked in I said I saw a senior rate for that date on line for $50 less and I asked could I have that rate. The desk attendant said he would check with mgt and ring me. Although they rang, no mention of the rate. I checked with the, the same attendant two days later and they did make the change. Really should not have had to ask again.
We come to Savannah twice a year and usually stay at the Hilton Desoto. Those reviews were a bit poor so picked this venue for a change. Location was great and food in restaurants great (see those reviews) but I think the price point on this hotel is too dear for the value

Room Tip: If you are not bothered by the price point, choose a riverfront corner room.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sought a nice hotel to celebrate my 50th birthday which would mean there would be some gag gifts. Realizing this and knowing a club is at the top of the facility, I requested a room at the top since there might be some laughing. I arrived at the facility late in the PM on 11/22/13 to check in and was advised I would get a room on the second floor. Shortly after arrival I commenced opening gifts and after approximately 10 minutes of laughter we received a knock at the door. The “Security Specialist” chose to convey “the rules” to one of my guests instead of politely asking for me. So in conclusion, if you intend to laugh do not stay at this hotel.

Another problem you will find is that they valet park. Thus, if you pull in to check in and decide you don’t want to pay $25.00 to have your vehicle parked, you will have to wait until other vehicles are moved out of your way. Something to consider as it eats into your precious time of site seeing. Not worth the $291.00/night.

Room Tip: Marriot is just down the street and is just as nice but considerally more cost efficient and have ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Tom B,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you chose us for your special celebration.

I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy the festivities in your room, and that we did not have a high floor room available for you. There is a delicate balance at late hours of those guests that would like to celebrate and those that would like to rest. In the future, we could possibly find you an area in the hotel that would not disturb other guest rooms.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance on a future visit to Savannah. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kurt Englund
Boxborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and i stayed at the Bohemian for 3 nights for our anniversary.Everything about this hotel is top notch: the outstanding friendly staff, the food including the waiters waitresses and bartenders, the unique decor and cleanliness of the rooms. It's in a great location,walking distance to so many restaurants and historic sites and beautiful views of the riverfront from your room. We had an issue with our cab(not any connection to the hotel) taking us to the airport on our day of departure and when the hotel found out, they had 3 people on it right away and got us another cab in no time. We highly recommend this hotel if you want to get the royal treatment!

Room Tip: rooms with a riverfront view is the best so you can see the ships coming into port...very interestin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!