“To Each Their Own” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
“To Each Their Own”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a very difficult review to write because I like many, wanted to love this hotel. There was really nothing so wrong with it that the establishment could change. We simply did not like the feel.
You are so warmly welcomed and the entrance and decor is certainly different but we always look for different, however, when you enter the hallway to go to your room we felt it was more like a dungeon -not poorly decorated, just dark and closed in. The thing that helped my outlook at first was I checked Tripadvisor and saw that others had rooms smaller and even darker than ours so I adjusted my attitude because I could not imagine having a room overlooking the parking lot without a terrance or river view. However, it was rather comical as I sat on the bed and my husband rolled the desk chair up to the terrace just to be able to look out while we rested from touring.
We felt having a terrance on the fourth floor was a good thing until the Saturday night noise, and we were not even in our room until almost 12a.m. We never heard the bar that we had been so warned to avoid, but we never read anything about the street traffic, cars and loud rowdy people until past 3. Fortunately we had a white noise app on our phone which we used the 2 nights we were there.
This is one of those hotels that each individual experience is so unique that I hesitate to even review it. We would not go back but perhaps you just have to experience it for yourself!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at The Bohemian last month - this is an outstanding Marriott signature property. Well appointed rooms, great view, impeccable service, just what you would expect and more from a high-end Marriott property. Perfect location on Bay Street and close to downtown. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor!
Greensboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The location is excellent, right on the river front and convenient to walk to shops, restaurants and just to explore the city. The rooms were very clean as was the whole building. The staff was helpful and friendly. The only glitch was that I asked the concierge to book dinner reservations. I had the name of 4 restaurants for her to try. I made the mistake of saying if you know any place better that is ok. She booked us in her choice and it was a bust. Vic's on the river.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Bohemian sits in a great location and the rooms are beautiful. It is central to everything on River Street and well insulated. This is a newer hotel. I would have given a much more positive review except for the concierge recommendations. We were interested in a walking ghost tour and they recommended that we tour with Chase Anderson with Savannah Ghost Walks and it was horrible. We were really interested in a much higher rated tour and to our own fault we allowed the concierges to talk us into this ghost walk. Im not sure why they refer this tour but we felt it was motivated by something other than guest satisfaction. Other than that the hotel was really good.

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This property (like the other Bohemians) is decorated in very funky art. Some pieces better than others. Given the one facing our bed, I'm glad we were there for only one night. The hotel is very comfortable and in a great spot for being a tourist in Savannah. All walk'able. The staff is very helpful in where to go and do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I followed a recommendation to stay here on a weekend getaway with my wife. If you follow my reviews you know I'm very frugal so if you are frugal like me, this is not the property for you. I considered a Romance package but when the price hit nearly $600 I reconsidered the need for chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, carriage ride and a $100 dinner credit in the restaurant. The first thing you have to wrap your head around after the valet only parking is that you walk in on the fourth floor from the city side. The first floor is on River Street. So the highest floor on the city side is not higher than most of the buildings you are looking at. We reserved a river front room for an extra $30 or so dollars only to discover that the view on the other side of the river is very industrial. If you don't want to spend the extra money, don't get a river side room and just go up to the roof for a drink and enjoy the view from the roof. The burgundy drapes in the room in fromt of the bathroom and sitting room were bordelo-esque. Everything in the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the corner room with a leather chaise lounge was ralaxing, the Bose radio gave quality sound, the closet with the two $89 bath robes was plenty big, the shower was strong and hot. Disappointing was the lack of a fridge and microwave, and the loudness of the air conditionerwas such that when it was on you had to raise the volume on the TV so loud that it was blasting when the A/C turned off.

Close to $400 ($50 breakfast credit and $25 valet included) is just more than what I am willing to pay for being able to room on River Street. The staff was very professional and willing to help with anything. Bottom line is this is not the place for me but maybe it is for you.

Room Tip: Though I thought when I was told we were upgraded to a corner room that we would have windows on two...
Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

For our first time in Savannah we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. We were considering the sister property, the Mansion on Forsyth, but we definitely were happy we chose this one based on the location. We much preferred being on the river and so very close to City Market and walked to all of our restaurants and took turns strolling through town and along the river. Plus, we took the free shuttle to the other property to explore beautiful Forsyth Park which was a bonus!
We had room # 600 which was a corner with a (VERY small balcony (they all are) as it is a boutique hotel. Our room was quiet and just far enough away from the Roof top bar which was only noisy on Saturday but not too bad (we always bring earplugs on trips). Again, our room was generally quiet. Staff was very friendly but busy at times. Don't rely on room service..so many walkable places for good food..especially breakfast. We had breakfast in room one morning and it was mediocre at best.
Decor is artsy..we thought it was chic. Coffee maker in room features starbucks and it was good!
PS it is pet friendly but I have to say we NEVER ONCE even heard an animal let alone saw one.
We would definitely go back and try to get same room!

Room Tip: Ask for River view but middle floor as roof top bar can get noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!