“A Must Stay in Savannah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 West Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 111 hotels in Savannah
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“A Must Stay in Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at The Bohemian last month - this is an outstanding Marriott signature property. Well appointed rooms, great view, impeccable service, just what you would expect and more from a high-end Marriott property. Perfect location on Bay Street and close to downtown. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor!

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Greensboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The location is excellent, right on the river front and convenient to walk to shops, restaurants and just to explore the city. The rooms were very clean as was the whole building. The staff was helpful and friendly. The only glitch was that I asked the concierge to book dinner reservations. I had the name of 4 restaurants for her to try. I made the mistake of saying if you know any place better that is ok. She booked us in her choice and it was a bust. Vic's on the river.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Bohemian sits in a great location and the rooms are beautiful. It is central to everything on River Street and well insulated. This is a newer hotel. I would have given a much more positive review except for the concierge recommendations. We were interested in a walking ghost tour and they recommended that we tour with Chase Anderson with Savannah Ghost Walks and it was horrible. We were really interested in a much higher rated tour and to our own fault we allowed the concierges to talk us into this ghost walk. Im not sure why they refer this tour but we felt it was motivated by something other than guest satisfaction. Other than that the hotel was really good.

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This property (like the other Bohemians) is decorated in very funky art. Some pieces better than others. Given the one facing our bed, I'm glad we were there for only one night. The hotel is very comfortable and in a great spot for being a tourist in Savannah. All walk'able. The staff is very helpful in where to go and do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I followed a recommendation to stay here on a weekend getaway with my wife. If you follow my reviews you know I'm very frugal so if you are frugal like me, this is not the property for you. I considered a Romance package but when the price hit nearly $600 I reconsidered the need for chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, carriage ride and a $100 dinner credit in the restaurant. The first thing you have to wrap your head around after the valet only parking is that you walk in on the fourth floor from the city side. The first floor is on River Street. So the highest floor on the city side is not higher than most of the buildings you are looking at. We reserved a river front room for an extra $30 or so dollars only to discover that the view on the other side of the river is very industrial. If you don't want to spend the extra money, don't get a river side room and just go up to the roof for a drink and enjoy the view from the roof. The burgundy drapes in the room in fromt of the bathroom and sitting room were bordelo-esque. Everything in the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the corner room with a leather chaise lounge was ralaxing, the Bose radio gave quality sound, the closet with the two $89 bath robes was plenty big, the shower was strong and hot. Disappointing was the lack of a fridge and microwave, and the loudness of the air conditionerwas such that when it was on you had to raise the volume on the TV so loud that it was blasting when the A/C turned off.

Close to $400 ($50 breakfast credit and $25 valet included) is just more than what I am willing to pay for being able to room on River Street. The staff was very professional and willing to help with anything. Bottom line is this is not the place for me but maybe it is for you.

Room Tip: Though I thought when I was told we were upgraded to a corner room that we would have windows on two...
Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

For our first time in Savannah we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. We were considering the sister property, the Mansion on Forsyth, but we definitely were happy we chose this one based on the location. We much preferred being on the river and so very close to City Market and walked to all of our restaurants and took turns strolling through town and along the river. Plus, we took the free shuttle to the other property to explore beautiful Forsyth Park which was a bonus!
We had room # 600 which was a corner with a (VERY small balcony (they all are) as it is a boutique hotel. Our room was quiet and just far enough away from the Roof top bar which was only noisy on Saturday but not too bad (we always bring earplugs on trips). Again, our room was generally quiet. Staff was very friendly but busy at times. Don't rely on room service..so many walkable places for good food..especially breakfast. We had breakfast in room one morning and it was mediocre at best.
Decor is artsy..we thought it was chic. Coffee maker in room features starbucks and it was good!
PS it is pet friendly but I have to say we NEVER ONCE even heard an animal let alone saw one.
We would definitely go back and try to get same room!

Room Tip: Ask for River view but middle floor as roof top bar can get noisy.
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room with points and paid extra for a river view for a special treat for my husband. It was a LOT of points. The person who checked us in was snooty and we did not get upgraded or get the balcony I thought I had paid extra for. I am a platinum elite so I spend about 90 nights a year just in Marriott. Not used to that kind of reception, but honestly we often get it when we book with points.

The valets were adorable. Everything in the hotel was sumptuous. We tried to get a drink on the rooftop bar, found a seat and Waited, waited, waited. No one ever came to serve is so we left.

The room was spotless, had a great view and was very quiet considering a live band was playing above us. We did get the late check out we requested and the front desk was much more accommodating the second day. Not he experience I had hoped for but it is a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear RubyDo1956,

Thank you for sharing your recent Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed many things about our hotel, but I am sorry to hear you would not plan on returning.

As a member of the Autograph Collection, we definitely appreciate our Marriott Rewards Members, and especially those of Platinum Elite status. I apologize that your arrival experience was not pleasant. This is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide.

Also your comment about your experience at Rocks on the Roof is not the service I would expect you to receive. If you would like to share more details with me personally, I would be happy to speak with you.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and ensure you receive a true Bohemian experience.

At your service,

Kurt Englund

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!