“The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection

You added The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 West Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Bucharest, Romania
“The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

"Cool design" is what best describes this hotel. The outside does not really tell you much about the inside, but right from the second you get into the lobby it all changes into very chic, cool and stylish. There is quirky furniture and lighting everywhere as well as very interesting huge pictures on the walls of the halls. Our room had an exquisite bath, with separate WC and shower, and a large jacuzzi along one of the walls that had a window which was opening into the bedroom.

The restaurant is quite good, overlooking the Savannah river, you could watch the ships passing by while having breakfast under another one of their eye pleasing lamps.

On the roof-top there is a fantastic bar with great music and panoramic views of the river. It is not cheap, but the cocktails are great as is the overall look and feel of the place.

There is no SPA/pool or gym at this hotel, so if you expect one you need to check-in somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrive around 1 PM and were checked in early. The valet guys were great!($25 bucks a day and worth it) The lobby and hallways are truly stunning. The bathroom and showers were exquisite. Missed not having a fridge. We chose to eat at the hotel restaurant and the kitchen was very slow. The shower was slow draining and I contacted the front desk, They said it would be 30 minutes, took over an hour and by the time they showed up we were checking out. The girl offered a voucher for the restaurant (not again). The hotel is beautifully appointed and the location is great. The kitchen and maintenance departments left a little to be desired.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Markymark051,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours helps us improve day after day.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but sorry to hear that you had issues in the restaurant and with your room maintenance. Your comments have been shared with the leadership team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Savannah.

At your service,

Concord
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am so reluctant to write this review as I was hoping that it would be a stellar review but there is just no way that it could be. Let me start by saying that the hotel promotes this venue as one of the few 5 star hotels in Savannah. This could not be more wrong. When I think of 5 star resorts I think of places that get the job done no matter what. I expect to pay for the things that I ask for, in fact I expect to pay a lot but I couldn't even pay for them to get the things that I needed at this hotel.

We do a lot of research about the places that we stay and tend to be very loyal. As long time members of the Marriott rewards program we have wanted to stay at the Autograph Signature hotels for a while now. We vacillated between the two AS hotels in Savannah, the Bohemian and the Mansion at Forsyth Park. The Mansion was outside the area where we wanted to be as we did not have a car (downtown there is NO NEED).

The Bohemian has no pool facilities which we knew a head of time it also has nothing else. No laundry service (you can get things dry cleaned but not washed and folded) and the is no laundry on site. There is no concierge, there is a front desk clerk but for those of you who travel, there is a very distinct difference. A great example was when I arrived from out of the country, I wanted to get my hair done (there is not on site salon or spa). I asked if they had anyone who they could call to get me an appt. or even recommend me to someone. I was told that someone would make me an appointment, instead, after calling the front desk a second time the next day, I got a google print out of all of the salons in Savannah...

One of the things that baffled us more than anything was the lack of housekeeping staff. We stayed there for 5 nights. The first day no one came to make our bed or pick up the room. We had to call to ask for this to happen and we were told that in order for someone to clean our room we needed to put a sign on the door that said to please clean the room. Even after we did this (frankly I expect my bed to be made, towels to be replaced and coffee/tea to be refreshed everyday), no one came. Finally when they did come it was cleaned the same way my 10 year old cleans and to be clear, I mean it was done half assed. We had to continue to ask the front desk every day to have this done even with the sign. The worst part was on the 4th day, I finally spoke to a wonderful women at the front desk who promised that she would take care of it. It still didn't get done.
My biggest complaint though has to be the band on the rooftop deck. We were on the 8th floor and spent 3 nights listening to music so loud in our room that even with ear plugs we could hear it clearly. The hotel needs to decide, do they want to be know as a rooftop bar or a hotel? When I spoke to the front desk about the noise I was told that yes, you can hear the music every night until 1 am and it doesn't really matter what floor you are on. Sorry but that is the way that it is.

It seems like the staff wants to be kind and helpful they just have no idea how to do that. I wanted to buy a CD that was playing in my room it had a scratch on it but simply wanted to buy a new one. I was told they didn't have any new ones but if I wanted to buy that one at full price, I could. Wy in the world would I knowingly buy a scratched CD?

Bottom line: I have stayed at nicer Marriott's for well less than half the price. Fun to look at, the rooms are neat looking, have a drink at the rooftop bar. Stay elsewhere.

Dear Alex and Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay.

While we are proud of some of the awards we have earned such as Best Savannah Hotel by the readers of Connect Savannah, and our AAA Four Diamond Award, it is feedback like yours that helps us improve every day.

Our goal is to provide a top level of service and I would enjoy the opportunity to personally review your experiences to see how we could make it up to you on a future stay. We have reviewed your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping teams. I understand your experience did not meet your expectations, and I want to assure you it did not meet the level of service we strive to provide.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Londonderry, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The size of our room was great and we loved the decor...however we were on the 7th floor and the rooftop bar was above the 8th floor and we could hear the loud music in our room. Also, when there were guests in the rooms next to us, we could literally hear their conversations, radio, and TV...thank goodness for sleeping pills. The staff could not be more polite...always saying my pleasure no matter what! I had to have the bill done 3 times as I was charged for parking when I only parked there 1 night. Make sure you get the 2 day parking pass from the visitor center(12 dollars for 2 days) as the hotel charges 25 dollars a day...the garage is literally across the street...it's probably where they put your car anyway. Food in the restaurant delicious. Would I stay there again....probably not!

Dear Bobby N,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your recent experience at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront.

Rocks on the Roof is a popular night spot, offering live music until 1:00 am on Thursday to Saturday. I apologize that your night was not as restful as you would have liked.

I do hope you give us another chance on your next visit to Savannah. Please contact me directly, and I would do everything possible to get you a room that was more to your liking.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Young, hip and fashionable, I am not. And that's the kind of beautiful crowd drawn to the rooftop bar and restaurant at this renovated, historic hotel on Savannah's waterfront. But they couldn't have been more welcoming to my sister, 10-year-old nephew and me. In fact, we saw a number of children while we we there. And all seemed to be happy in the modern, artistic environs.

The hotel is hopping. The nightclub -- Rocks on the River -- appears to be one of young Savannah's favorite haunts. The food is stand-out (the calamari was especially good), but the place is crowded and loud after dark. No matter -- unless you happen to be staying on the floor below.

The concierge staff is efficient and expert in their guidance of things to do, where to eat, how to get around, what's good for kids, etc. The concierge desk was always busy during the weekend we were there, but they never acted rushed.

We were in a beautiful river-view room and even got an upgrade to a room with a balcony. My nephew liked the view, but he was there for the big tub with shuttered windows that open onto the bedroom and its fancy TV. (I had stayed in such a room on a prior business trip here and mistakenly thought all the rooms had those baths.)

Despite the beautiful view, the kid wanted to move. The hotel was full Friday night, but they told us there may be a room with a "fancy tub" the next night. They cheerfully moved us on Saturday morning and even brought in a roll-away bed in case we needed it. These guys aim to please.

The original art in each room and throughout the lobby and hallways is a fun step above the typical bad hotel "art" we're all used to seeing.

At first glance, the Bohemian looks like it would cater just to hipsters. In fact, they cater to everyone.

Room Tip: I would imagine the rooms underneath the rooftop bar may be loud. Best to ask for a room on a lower...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
leslewis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

There is absolutlely nothing to fault with this property. It is exactly what you would expect from this chain. The rooms are more than adequate, bathrooms although a little on the small side suffice. The beds are very very comfortable. The rooftop bar is a wonderful place for an early evening cocktail and the bartender was very accomodating to special request even though he was very busy. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: riverfront, it's why we are there
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel two weeks ago. Like the Mansion at Forsyth Park, it is owned by Richard Kessler. He has a fine aesthetic appreciation. The Mansion provides large, comfortable rooms; minibar; complimentary cookies and drinks. It is a 15-20 minute walk from the center of things, but it is worth the walk. The staff is pretty helpful. The Bohemian, in comparison, is right in the heart of the action, but it is half as nice as the Mansion. (Surprisingly, it is more expensive than the Mansion). The rooms are ok. No bath in my room. Once you check in, that's the last you see of the staff. The hotel had one employee the hotel time I was there (Tiffany), other than the two bellmen. She was the only one at the front desk when I checked in. I waited 1 hour to check in with her. When I tried to call down later for extra towels, she never answered the phone. The hotel billed me for two nights even though I stayed one. When I brought this to Tiffany's attention, she said she'd fix it but she never did. She also forgot the wake-up call. I never did get more towels. Ultimately, I had to go through my bank to have the second charge taken off, which was very annoying. Beware.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear anonymous7654,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your recent stay. I am very concerned with the issues you have mentioned. This is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide. I am so sorry that you have left us with such a bad feeling.

I would enjoy the opportunity of addressing your concerns with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

At your service,

Kurt Englund

Been to The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!