“Cheenie from Nashville” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   387 Canebrake Rd, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Ranked #39 of 112 hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I decided to take a last minute family getaway. We initially wanted to stay downtown bc of all the activities, until we saw the $160 and up room rates for a one nights stay. I searched the internet and I saw the Super 8 and its attractive price. At first I was very reluctant to book the room bc most Super 8 are motels and I am not a fan of walking out of my room and I am outside. But this Super 8 is an actual hotel. The hotel is about 20 minutes from downtown Savannah. It is in a very comfortable area. There are several restaurants in close proximity, there is a Sonics right across the parking lot, 1 minute from I- 95, a 5 minute ride from Wal-Mart.

When I first arrived, I was greeted by the same person I spoke to on the phone. Tripadvisor quoted me one price which was a few dollars cheaper than what I was quoted over the phone, but she honored the trip advisor price. The hotel itself looks exactly like the pictures online. It was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in and I am VERY picky. They offer a free breakfast, which we were not able to make bc we were asleep...LOL The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean. I couldn't say enough about the cleanliness.

Prior to booking, I read the rudest comments about the staff. I found each and everyone of them to be respectful and welcoming. They even had a funny conversation with my husband about how tall he was. I don't understand why people would comment that India's had the nerve to speak their own language in their hotel...smh Some people are so immature. I will definitely return when we make another trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 316 which was on the backside facing the trees. I loved this bc there is another...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Since my last review I still take issue with the free breakfast. Granted, you get what you pay for, but in the area of free breakfasts being a competitive edge Super 8s is seriously lacking. Where most hotel chains offer a variety of fresh fruits, pastries and hot breakfast options; the fresh fruit here consists of bananas, no pastries and the closest thing to a hot breakfast option was the toaster waffles - the waffle maker was "out of order". Further, breakfast is from 6 AM to 9 AM. Seriously? Maybe during the week, considering business travelers, but on the weekends as well?

Outside of that, this is easily my favorite Savannah hotel, and the upgraded room is definitely worth the small up charge. Its easily the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the upgraded room, its easily the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ridgeley, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Super 8 is one of the best that we have stayed in. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and the room was excellent! It was as good or even better than some of the more expensive chains that we have stayed at in the past. The breakfast was good and the fruit was fresh. I will definitely keep this one on my list to stay at when I am in the area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed two nights while touring Savannah. The location is an easy 13 mile drive on the Interstate Highway from the historic district of Savannah, and rates are very affordable. The room was very clean and comfortable, while the staff was friendly and helpful. Very quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is our second stay at the Super 8 in Savannah Ga. It is about 15 minutes to downtown Savannah. The hotel was clean inside and out and the rooms was very large . The staff was friendly and helpful.There is many restaurants in the area, also a walmart is in the close by.We have stayed in other hotels in this area but we think this is a very nice hotel and the price is great. We will be staying here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is relatively new, which perhaps accounts for it being more cleanly than most Super 8s I've seen. It's conveniently located to I-95, though not terribly convenient to touring Savannah. It's a good 15-20 minutes away from the historical district in average traffic, more if traffic is heavy. Still, the location is convenient enough to drive to historic downtown in the morning, leave the car parked for the day and spend the day touring.
The staff is very friendly, the room was larger than I expected with a small sitting area, and it was clean and well-kept throughout the stay--though hotels that allow pets do tend to be a bit noisier/less clean at times. This hotel was actually very busy and QUITE noisy at night over the busy Labor Day weekend. But if you're someone who just needs a comfortable place to stay at night while you're touring around Savannah, this will definitely be more than enough of what you'll need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Savannah? Share your experiences!