“Nice overall” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Draper, Utah
“Nice overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was certainly one of the better Super 8 hotels I've stayed at and a good value at $65. The furnishings were more modern than expected. The beds and bedding were good and clean. There was a nice TV with a reasonable number of HD channels. The pillows were not good. The were way too hard and felt like they had half-dried play-doh inside. Bring your own pillow or you have an excellent chance of having a sore neck the next morning. The only downside to this hotel was that my daughter saw a roach in the bathroom and avoided it (both the roach and the bathroom) for the rest of the trip. So, maybe a little more pest control is in order, but overall the hotel was a good deal. Breakfast was traditional Super 8 fare which is great if you like processed, refined carbohydrates. I only saw one employee the whole time I was there and I suspect it was the owner. He checked me in, he prepared breakfast, and he checked us out 12 hours later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Pell City, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The whole time we've been here we've enjoyed it. Everything was up to date, very clean, and well arranged. The hotel was very quiet which we liked. This is the best Super 8 I've stayed in. The Internet has a very quick speed but it does get a little sketchy sometimes.

Room Tip: If you don't have pets get a room on floor 2 or up.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Independently owned and appears to be family run with a lot of attention and pride. Two separate motels look out onto the same parking lot, so it seems safe and secure. Luxury firm mattress, plenty of pillows and crisp, clean linens. Stylish sleeper sofa and chair with super firm cushions. Large desk, coffee table, and chiffarobe-style chest of drawers that also housed a fridge and microwave. In-room coffee maker. Bell hop type luggage trolleys and elevator service. No protein on the complimentary breakfast--just toast, cereal, danish, bananas, juice, oatmeal, waffles. Stayed 2 nights. A lot of value here for the money.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a peaceful, woodland view. Ask if you want one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in the mist of a sea of hotels. I checked their prices, and the were extremely higher, so I was very pleased with the price. I checked in on a Sunday ( 79.00) and stayed for two nights. The weekday price dropped to 69.00. The front desk allowed me to walk through the room before offically checking in, which I appreciated. I looked in the shower, noticed some mold,but not to bad. The beds were soft and had clean crisp white sheets, just like the other reviews noted. Now, for the zinger... The room smelled of oils and insense( hope I spelled that one right). It had a strong musk odor.I wish u could describe it, without sounding like a " racist".... So I will just leave it at, I was nit pleased. I thought I would try to air it out, but by day two the smell was still there . I talked to the front desk help, and I was rudely told," that's not my job, and I am the front desk help,not the maid." After I calmed down, we ate our honey bun breakfast . There were two bananas,cereal, and honey buns for their lobby breakfast, and it was only 630am ( on a Monday.) All said, for the price.. I would stay again. The beds were clean and comfy. Spoiler alert ! ... Later found out, the smell was the refrigerator.. Good times ;)

• Stayed March 2013
Voorheesville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here 4 times now. Very easy access off I95. Several restaurant choices literally across the street. Very neat and clean room and bathroom. Amenities in bathroom not luxurious but appropriate for price of room. Staff friendly and accommodating. Free continental breakfast is fairly limited but adequate for our morning dining needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Savannah? Share your experiences!