“Clean room, affordable price” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   387 Canebrake Rd, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Ranked #40 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Pete
“Clean room, affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here one night. Got in around 1am, received quick service. The room was clean. Water pressure was low in the shower, but maybe they use water saving faucets? Breakfast was included, they had a decent variety- cereal, toast, oatmeal, OJ, apple juice, coffee, tea, cinnamon buns and a waffle maker for fresh, hot waffles. No complaints here. BTW, we stayed in a room with a king size bed, loveseat, and desk- 3rd floor overlooking parking lot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Definately not up to my standards. This hotel must be writing their own reviews. I booked after checking out Trip Advisor. What Staff? There was only one woman to greet you,with an attitude. I asked to see the room first and she couldn't believe that I wanted to look at it before I would pay. Needless to say, she took me up stairs to a very dingy room with dirty carpet. I asked if there was another location and she told me no. There were no cars in the parking lot so what does that tell you.
I chose not to stay there and went across the street to Fairfield Inn & Suites. Now they are charging me for this room!!!!!! I can't believe it.
Ithink that they have quite a scheme going on. Definately look for something else is my advise to you.

Room Tip: Make sure to look at the room before you pay!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
super8savannah, Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Linda F,

I would appreciate it very much if you would get in touch with me directly. I do not believe you were in my hotel. We are NOT located across the street from the Fairfield Inn; we absolutely welcome it when guests ask to see the room; we are happy to change rooms when asked if we are not full (of course looking at the number of cars in the parking lot is not a measure of the number of rooms available on any given evening because guests could be out or not yet arrived).

Finally, we charge for rooms when reservations have been made and are not cancelled within 24 hours PRIOR to check-in time of 3:00 pm. on the day of the reservation.

Please get in touch directly so that we can discuss this matter more fully. I do not see your name on our roster for November.

Thank you.
Prakash Patel
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our room with a king bed was just great. Room was spotless. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Definitely planning to stay there again. We had our family cat with us who was welcomed as a guest too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RAYNHAM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was not your typical Super 8. Only the front was in good repair, all else was in poor condition, especially the grounds. Location was miles away from any reasonably good restaraunts.
The room was clean, the bed sagged in the middle. Heat was good, breakfast reasonable.
The smoke detector in our room was in pieces and the lock on the outside door was broken. People across the hall were living there and cooking in their room.
Overall impression-----Shabby!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear William C,

Oh sir, I am positive you did not stay in this hotel. We do not offer weekly accommodations, nor do we allow them. No one lives in this hotel; our guests stay here for very short periods of time and there is no cooking in the rooms.

Besides which, the hotel is nearly new. You would have noticed that right away, not only on the outside but in the foyer, the dining room, and our guest rooms. I'm sorry you had a bad evening, but it was not spent here.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Selected hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. King room was spacious and very clean. Mattress was excellent. This hotel is a great value! Staff was very helpful. Would stay there again. Two other couples were with us and both say the same about their stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Savannah? Share your experiences!