“Not bad, but not fantastic either.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District

You added SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, FL
“Not bad, but not fantastic either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel is fairly nice, but upon closer inspection wasn't the cleanest. There was a giant stain on the carpet in our room and stains on one of the towels. We also ended up in a room directly over the outdoor landscaping lights, so our room literally glowed at night. Needless to say, this made it a bit difficult to sleep.

I presented a Marriott gift card to cover part of the cost of the room and had to contact the hotel afterward because my Visa was charged for the full amount instead. This seems to be a recurring problem with Marriotts, as I had the exact same experience at a Courtyard in Nashville. It's a bit silly that they don't know how to use their own gift cards, but we did get everything squared away in both instances. It just got a little old.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
rwolfe618,

Thank you for your feedback. My apologies for the issues you had during your stay with us. While the hotel is only a little over a year old, wear and tear does happen. However, we make every effort to keep our hotel spotless for our guests. The gift cards are something we do not see very often, so our newer desk agents may not have any experience with them and how they work. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but am glad we were able to get it sorted out for you while you were here. I hope you will stay with us again and give us another shot should your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Lee Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was our first trip to Savannah, only stayed 2 days and need to go back! My husband travels for business quite often and always stays at a Springhill so we thought why not?! The room was a carbon copy of all the others he has stayed in so he was pleased. It was a very comfortable room and we had a real nice view as well. It was centrally located so we were able to walk most everywhere. We took a trolley tour and enjoyed that alot. It got very hot the second day so we took a break after lunch and lounged by the pool for awhile. We will definately go back to the Springhill next time.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
dturk,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It's great to hear your husband is a loyal Springhill Suites guest. I hope you are able to come back soon and stay longer.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We came to Savannah without hotel plans. Everything was booked except Springhill Suites. Brand new, very clean, very friendly staff, great breakfast!! We did use the valet parking for $12, and it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
eshmrt,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you will make any future travel plans to Savannah with us.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I booked with Delta Skymiles for two nights. My mother had a stroke and I had to go to Arkansas for a month so while there, I did my best to reschedule/cancel. The hotel, SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown, said my reservation wasn't prepaid so I could just cancel. I did and received the cancellation confirmation. After settling my mother into assisted living, I came home to take care of rescheduling. The hotel said they couldn't help me, Skymiles has been unable to help me and there is another company inbetween, Turisco (I think) that isn't responding. That means that I would lose 30,000 skymile points even though I cancelled the reservation. Not fair.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
AtlantaTraveler2010,

I am so sorry you are having issues with your Skymiles booking. I recommend you contact Skymiles directly. Because we did not bill them or Tourico for the stay, and you have your cancellation confirmation, they should be able to refund your miles or allow you to use them to book another stay. I am happy to help in any way I can by confirming the cancellation. Unfortunately, since we don't control the Skymiles billing, our hands are tied when it comes to getting your miles refunded. Good luck and please let me know if I can help.

Alpharetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is beautiful and is located in the perfect area for tourism. The room was spacious, the breakfast was great, and the decor was beautiful. We loved the roof top pool. We did have a couple of issues during our stay however. We were ensured by the hotel concierge that a certain tour we booked through them was perfectly fine for a 3 year old. This was not the case. The tour was scary for my child, and for another family's children who were 8-10 years old! Additionally, we left behind some items we had purchased during our visit. When we called the hotel to see if the items had been turned in, they had not been. It is understandable that it was our fault for leaving the items behind and that the hotel is not necessarily responsible, but there was never even an apology issued. Working in the hotel industry I would not expect my staff to treat this situation as they did. We left a nice tip for the housekeepers, but I guess they considered our forgotten items part of the tip. Ridiculous! Other than those two issues, the hotel was very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
AA2007,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry the tour recommended to your family was inappropriate for your little one. I will address this issue with our concierge. As for the items left in your room, I sincerely apologize. I am speaking to my staff to see if I can track down who spoke to you and hope to put some more effort into tracking down your things. I would like to speak with you regarding this matter so I can get all of the details.

Biglerville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I didn't like the mandatory $12 vallet parking fee, but other than that it was absolutely wonderful. by far the best hotel we have stayed at. we walked everywhere so the vehicle was not an issue.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
djbirdman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! The valet parking is a necessity at historic district hotels due to the lack of space. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Savannah!

New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Nice, newly-renovated hotel that's easy to get to. Valet parking is affordable and the staff is friendly. The room is HUGE, clean and very modern. Not the nicest view (parking garage) but I was there for work, so I didn't really mind. Perhaps the other side of the hotel had better views A good stay and the only complaint I had was that the pillows weren't firm enough.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
meprice82.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am sorry your view was less than satisfactory and the pillows did not suit you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us should your business travels bring you back to Savannah.

Lee Smith

Been to SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District? Share your experiences!