We booked this hotel from the Marriott website because it was the cheapest and newest of the Marriott hotels in Savannah, plus it was well-located and included breakfast. Considering all of these factors, it was a smokin' good deal.
The decor and layout is modern and similar to high-end hotels in Europe--sort of a high-end Ikea look. Interesting features like sliding doors on the bathrooms, bed lights integrated into the bed, steam-proof mirror in the shower, ipod docking station, etc, made the hotel room appealing. The lobby, swimming area, etc, were very chic and I was really impressed.
I stayed at this hotel with my husband, my toddler, and my teenage brother in law. We booked a king bedroom, which came with a sofa-bed as a standard feature. The layout of the room was such that there was physical separation between the king bed and the sofabed, which was a plus. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower, also nice.
The con's of the hotel:
- Although the sliding doors on the shower and toilet rooms was very cool looking, the doors were loud and since they could not be locked, my toddler delighted in throwing them open.
- For all the meticulous attention to detail, they didn't stock enough towels and we had to call down for more. I think that we may not have indicated that there would be 3 adult guests, so that may be our bad.
- Like all Marriott hotels, breakfast was a madhouse. This hotel had particularly poor staffing at the breakfast rush hour, as evidenced by the overflowing trash cans and empty food containers. This is counterbalanced by the fact that at least they *have* a breakfast, and a very good one at that, so I give that criticism with some hesitation.
- We did not plan to do much food prep in the room so this was no problem for us, but the kitchen area is somewhat spartan. If you plan to use the kitchen extensively, this may not be the best place--it has a microwave and a fridge but it is a small area tucked in a corner by the door.
The service here, in general, is excellent. The front desk is helpful and knowledgeable.
I was generally more impressed with this hotel than I have been with any hotel in a very long time. It was shockingly inexpensive relative to the quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new SpringHill Suites Savannah Historic District is located in the heart of the Historic District, offering free breakfast and contemporary guest suites. Our Savannah hotel’s downtown suites are within walking distance of the Savannah Civic Center, Telfair Museum of Art, City Market, Lady & Son's Restaurant, River Street & Savannah's Visitor Center. For Girl Scouts, we offer the immediate access to the Juliette Gordon Lowe Birthplace, a great way to experience the history of Savannah near our downtown hotel. Our hotel’s complimentary features include a hot breakfast, high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas, mini-fridge and microwave in every guest room, on-site concierge services with trolley pick-up & an on-site heated pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. All of our hotel’s downtown Savannah, GA guest rooms are 50% larger than average & include an oversized walk-in glass shower, a separate powder room and a 37" flat-screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Savannah Downtown Hotel Savannah