Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #31 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Roseburg, Oregon
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night and found it convenient (about a 5 block walk to the historic riverfront area) and clean. Room and bed comfortable. Close to restaurants. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was very good and nice selection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here overnight on our way back from Boston to Florida. I had a brand new dress (price tag still attached) from Macy's that I was planning on wearing to my grandfathers funeral that I hung up in the closet. We were in a mad dash to leave because we had to make the drive in two days. It was my own fault that I accidentally left my dress in the closet of our room, but when I called them to ship it to me (which I was willing to pay) the head housekeeper (Candace) told me nothing had been turned in to the lost and found. I politely asked her to recheck the room because maybe they didn't look in the closet. She never called me back. My fiancé called and spoke to the assistant manager Bill Wade who informed him the girls were fighting over who was going to get MY dress!! That shouldn't even happen, that is my property which I am claiming!! He stated that he had mailed it out to us on Monday to Florida where we live. It's been over a week and still no dress!! My fiancé has since called back with no returned phone calls. They finally called back today and started harassing him that there was never a dress and we must've lost it somewhere else. A dress doesn't just grow legs and disappear, I'm sorry, and if he truly mailed it out, it wouldn't take over a week to get to Florida. I told him to check the cameras because it was in my hand when i walked into the hotel and wasn't when I left so you tell me where I probably "lost" my dress. If you stay here, just know you are working with dishonest, untrustworthy people who might claim your property if you accidentally leave something. Customer service or true morals/values does not exist here, so much for southern hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013
Northvale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I had only one full day/2 nights to spend for our first visit to Savannah. Booked this hotel based on reviews and location in Historic District. We found the layout of the room to be fun and modern, with sliding doors to the two-part bathrooms which really maximized the space and made it feel quite open. The day and evening concierges in the lobby were very helpful with making reservations for restaurants and getting us trolley tickets and a shuttle pickup at the door of the hotel, making our short visit very easy and enjoyable. Clean, comfortable and quiet with great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Winder, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Springhill Suites was a great choice the room was so clean and the bed are soft the best sleep I got ever on a vacation check in went good the breakfast was nice the pool ans spa was so relaxing you are close to restaurants and town we enjoyed the night walk in town and we went and ate this hold trip was wonderful we love it all no dislikes will be back we was late for breakfast call down they told us to come on down thank you for that ....

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your five-star review. We are always so happy to hear when our guests have such a great stay and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Savannah.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Springhill Suites was a perfect choice for a 2-night stay in Savannah. The location is the biggest draw, and the service is not that far behind. The hotel was quite busy when we arrived and our check-in was a bit hectic, but the staff did everything they could to get us in our room. The rooms are modern and clean, but a bit small (as we found with all SpringHill Suites). The pull-out couch sagged quite a bit and the 2 double beds were packed in tight, but we spent so little time in the room that we were not concerned. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and well-kept and served as a nice respite at the end of the day. The valet parking was a bit pricey, but also convenient. We would stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Checked in for 2 rooms at 6 pm after arriving at 3 pm which was 2 hours later than checkin time. Room was good and clean. We were leaving at 5 AM the next morning and the checkin clerk had promised our family to have some box breakfast ready for us. The morning clerk claimed to not know about the to go breakfasts so we miss these. Also had valet parking but had to wait for 20 minutes to leave because the valet guy was delivering bills to the hotel guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We deeply apologize for your recent experience at our Springhill Suites by Marriott. I can assure you that your experience is not normal for our property and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you true southern hospitality! Thank you for leaving your review and again, we are very sorry your experience was not excellent.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for three nights on business; very impressed, and would def. stay again. Hints: higher floors are better, parking is $20/night, and you won't have a bathtub (which didn't bother me, but might bother some).

Very spacious and comfortable room, with a modern design. For the price, a great location near some very nice restaurants/shopping/etc., and a very, very helpful and friendly staff. Special recognition to Carlos, one of the valet managers, and Briana (sp?), one of the evening managers, for making my stay special. My original room was right next to the pool/hot tub (note: this applies to all of #216-#226 or so), so they arranged to have me move to an upper floor. The breakfast was reasonable (for being included in the price); I recommend the croissants (not amazing, but serviceable), and not so much the egg ("meh" would be the word).

Overall, for the price + star level, it exceeded my expectations. It's not the Marriott, but it's also not priced like the Marriott; excellent for what it is. And make sure you get restaurant recommendations from Carlos; he knows of what he speaks.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise; top floor odd numbers have views.