You added SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #27 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Syosset
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Enjoyed our three night stay. Walked everywhere. Parking was expensive but convenient. Rooms were very nice. Requested an upper floor and a quiet room and was accommodated. Breakfast was good; however, things were not always replenished in a timely manner. Concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Monticello, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I will first start with the positive. The room layout is very nice. Different than any other room I have seen and I travel a lot. Here are the downfalls... the breakfast left MUCH to be desired. The first day that my family was there was a weekday, apparently on the weekdays it is too much for them to put the self serve waffle makers out, so there are no waffles except on the weekends. I grabbed a piece of sliced cheese just to find a dead gnat on it. The next day was a weekend, low and behold the waffle makers were out, however there were LONG lines and the breakfast ends earlier than any other place I have stayed. So because of the huge wait, as breakfast was scheduled to end, the staff dropped the "curtains" over the area and we heard them threaten to "cut the power" to the waffle machines. I am sure they did not know we could hear them, but we could. The breakfast area was SO small we had to literally hover around waiting on someone to be done so we would have somewhere to sit. We also had to clean the table our self because no one was cleaning the tables as people left despite the fact that it was obvious people were waiting on tables. On our final day we decided to just go to a local IHOP in order to have a breakfast we could actually enjoy. 2) location, location, location the description makes you think that you are right in the heart of everything, and you are not. Being familiar with Savannah, I knew were the resort was but decided to give it a shot anyway. I prefer to be in the middle of the historic district and this resort is on the outskirts of one side of the district. Also, if you go there do not pay the parking fee of $20.00 as the courthouse parking deck is literally one block a way for less than $10.00 a day. I knew this in advance so I went with that option.

I go to Savannah with my family every July 4th week and I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to read that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet. We do want to let you know that it is a Marriott brand standard that waffle irons only be distributed on weekends. Due to this standard, we cannot place the irons out during the week and apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We do also apologize that our staff was not tending to the tables and have passed along your comments to our Food and Beverage Director as well as our General Manager. We typically receive rave reviews about our location and service and deeply apologize you did not have an excellent stay. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to showcase our property and provide you with excellent customer service.
Greenville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everybody there was so helpful and nice. Everything was clean food was fresh. We will always try to find another Springhill hotel. We were walking distance for almost everything. And the tours we went on picked us up right at the hotel. A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Forge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice hotel. Loved the decor. The rooms were unlike any I have stayed in. They are a bit longer and narrow..loved the pocket style doors to bathrooms. Hotel is well located and is within walking distance to everything. We used the DOT free transportation to get around which was nice. Front desk was super nice and concierge was very informative. Breakfast was great and what one would expect for a FREE breakfast. I was pleased!!!!!! Pool was nice my boys enjoyed it. Used valet parking which was good. Everyone there was friendly.

Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was great! The concierge (Judy) was awesome! She was extremely friendly. Helped us to figure out what would be good for a family of 4 (2adults and 2kids). She took her time explaining things to us and answered all our questions...also she recommended some great places to eat. We actually looked forward to seeing her each morning to find out what our day was going to have in store for us. She is awesome! We will definitely be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us in Savannah. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with Judy and the rest of our team so they can read your praise as well. Come back and see us again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

More than I expected from a chain hotel. Room was so spacious,and modern. Really liked the split bath. Excellent location within walking distance of all the sights in historic Savannah. We got a great online price on their website. I don't think you can get a more spacious room for under $120/night in the historic district.

• Stayed July 2013
Jackie S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed our location and hotel. We are proud to give our guests a fantastic experience while they stay in Savannah and we look forward to having you as our guest once again. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers and choosing our hotel.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a city wide site inspection for a large convention coming to town this past fall. As a Marriott loyal customer I was looking forward to this fresh new product. Great location, beautiful lobby, spacious rooms, I loved everything about the physical property, it's what you expect from Marriott. Upon arrival there were four uniformed staff behind the front desk, one was the manager, there were about a dozen people in line, however, they only had two computer terminals and the check in process was excruciatingly slow. As it turned out, some were family members of those in line reducing the number of transactions to about six, and of those six two or three simply wanted to pay for something from the market. All of this mixed together, backing up the arrival experience. At last the manager asked if anyone was not checking in and he would take them off to one side and deal with them separately. When I got to the front of the line several minutes later a friendly associate "In Training" greeted me but was quickly stumped by something in the computer. Another manager was called from the back and after a short back and forth about a guaranteed room/bed type I was told by a manager using the exact words to "go stay some place else" if I didn't like what they had to offer. I understand they were busy, sold out actually and the shortage of requested room and bed types, but I have never been addressed by a professional hotelier in the manner in which I was told that if I didn't like it, I should go some place else before. I stayed the night admittedly comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great in the morning, but have since given my frequent repeat business to the Courtyard by Marriott across the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District? Share your experiences!