Well, I was in Savannah attending a seminar that was taking place at the Hyatt Regency on Bay St, however the rates were a bit on the expensive side on that hotel and I started looking around for other options. Found a great rate on this hotel (US$ 109/night) plus 50% discount on valet parking (usual rate: US$ 20 a day).
We arrived very early (about 10 a.m.) and asked when we could be checked-in. Although the regular check-in time is quite late (4 pm), we managed to get into our room at 2 p.m. which was nice. Room is spacious with flat TV, separate areas for bed and couch. The toilet is also in a different room from the shower which is great also. Besides, this was the first hotel I stayed in the US where the shower wasn't into a bathtub, which didn't stop the water from leaking to the floor, but it's a minor issue though.
Nice breakfast (very standard items: juice, milk, bagels, waffles, eggs, sausages, peanut butter, jelly, honey, butter, etc.), a rather nice gym room also (loads of treadmills and not so many dumbbells).
You can't beat the location. You're a 5-10 minute walk from all the top spots in Savannah, which is a lovely beautiful town. People were always nice to us (front desk, valet parking guys, housekeeping, etc.).
The swimming pool almost always had people in it (despite the fact it was a bit chilli sometimes) and there was always coffee available at the front desk, anytime you wish.
All things considered I guess we've got ourselves a great deal, would definitely come back.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Savannah Downtown Hotel
- Springhill Suites Savannah Downtown Hotel Savannah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new SpringHill Suites Savannah Historic District is located in the heart of the Historic District, offering free breakfast and contemporary guest suites. Our Savannah hotel’s downtown suites are within walking distance of the Savannah Civic Center, Telfair Museum of Art, City Market, Lady & Son's Restaurant, River Street & Savannah's Visitor Center. For Girl Scouts, we offer the immediate access to the Juliette Gordon Lowe Birthplace, a great way to experience the history of Savannah near our downtown hotel. Our hotel’s complimentary features include a hot breakfast, high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas, mini-fridge and microwave in every guest room, on-site concierge services with trolley pick-up & an on-site heated pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. All of our hotel’s downtown Savannah, GA guest rooms are 50% larger than average & include an oversized walk-in glass shower, a separate powder room and a 37" flat-screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Olotels and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.