My husband and I stayed here for two nights en route to Florida. We always try to book a Marriott chain hotel, knowing we can expect a great stay. This hotel did not disappoint!
We were welcomed warmly by the valets and at the front desk. Checking was efficient and quick. When we opened the door to our room, we were very pleased. A nice, big room with fridge and microwave, a desk and couch area, plus a toilet room separate from the shower. It was very clean with a very soothing color palette.
The concierge (Austin) was extremely helpful, with several recommendations for restaurants and bars. He made our dinner reservations, as well as reservations for the old Savannah Tour. Plus gave us a discount off the tour ticket price!
Location was good, about a 3 block walk from the city Market. Our only drawback was the rainy weather and the hotel did not have umbrellas to hand out the first day. By the second night they had some umbrellas, so that helped.
We will return to Savannah and will stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Savannah Downtown Hotel Savannah
- Springhill Suites Savannah Downtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new SpringHill Suites Savannah Historic District is located in the heart of the Historic District, offering free breakfast and contemporary guest suites. Our Savannah hotel’s downtown suites are within walking distance of the Savannah Civic Center, Telfair Museum of Art, City Market, Lady & Son's Restaurant, River Street & Savannah's Visitor Center. For Girl Scouts, we offer the immediate access to the Juliette Gordon Lowe Birthplace, a great way to experience the history of Savannah near our downtown hotel. Our hotel’s complimentary features include a hot breakfast, high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and public areas, mini-fridge and microwave in every guest room, on-site concierge services with trolley pick-up & an on-site heated pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. All of our hotel’s downtown Savannah, GA guest rooms are 50% larger than average & include an oversized walk-in glass shower, a separate powder room and a 37" flat-screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.