“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I had not been to Savannah for 10 or 15 years.

We chose the SpringHill Suites because we have found Marriott hotels to be very reliable and well maintained.

We were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. Staff at the front desk, the concierge, and the valet parking crew all were friendly and efficient.

The room lay out was a little different(shower and sink were separated from the toilet), but after a day or so we got used to it. Very comfortable bed with clean linens.

Breakfeast was included and offered everything you would need. The turkey sausage was a little different, but we just skipped past it onto the waffles and muffins.

Overall, a very good experience and a great value this time of year. We have already recommended to several neighbors and friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was so impressed with SpringHill Suites in the Historic District. I was there with my family of four(two adults, a big kid and a baby). The location is very good. We strolled through a dozen squares, walked to River Street, walked to Market Square and the one time we drove to a restaurant it was a snap to get to a major road. The staff were above and beyond in every area from the valet to the concierge to the front desk to housekeeping. The room was a great size, super modern, and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Between the four of us we had muffins, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, hashbrowns, waffles, coffee, juice, milk ... and that wasn't everything on the buffet. We will definitely choose this SpringHill Suites next time we're in Savannah!

Room Tip: We could hear a little street noise on the second floor. For more quiet, you might ask for a higher...
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our first stay at a SpringHill Suite, and it was quite a surprise. The room rate through AAA was much better than others in the historic area. The hotel is very easy access from Hwy. 16. Upon arrival, the valet immediately took the car. The desk clerk at check-in, Katie, was really pleasant and helpful. The hotel lobby is bright and welcoming, the decor in bright blues and greens. The elevators are pretty fast. The room was much more spacious than we expected, also bright, cheerful and well-lit. There is a separate den/sitting area with a sofa, flat screen (analog only) which can be seen from both the den and the bed areas, a nice-sized desk for computer or other work, and kitchenette area with fridge, microwave and small one-cup-at-a-time coffee maker. The coffee for the small maker was surprisingly good. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the linens bright and clean. There was a bathroom with a large counter and single sink. It also had a unique mirror with a close-up center section which was back-lit. That particular area could have been quite a bit brighter for makeup, etc., but it was ok. There was a soap dish, which is important to me -- I don't like the soapy mess a bar of soap alone leaves on the counter top. A hair dryer was provided. There is also a tub/shower with plenty of shelf area for bath products. My only complaints with this bathroom were these: 1) There was not one single towel bar in the bathroom! The only place to hang anything was one small hook on the wall for a robe or other item. The only place to hang a wet towel (or two) was across the shower curtain bar, meaning the curtain could not then be closed and increased the possibility of mold and mildew growth. This also made it difficult to hang a towel to dry for future use in an attempt to conserve water and energy. 2) The tub in our room was not draining properly and water backed up while showering.

There was a second half-bath with a very small sink and toilet, very well-lit and with a nice but small mirror. Ironically, there was a towel bar in this bath. The sink was too small for a soap dish, or to be used for sitting bath products upon. One could sit items on the back of the toilet if needed, and the light in this bath was much better for makeup, etc. Having the two separate bathroom areas was nice for two people sharing a room. There was also a nice closet which included a chest with drawers, an iron and ironing board.

The window treatments in the room were also unique, using a simple and easy-to-operate chain system to raise the translucent shade. The shades allowed diffused light in without allowing one to be seen through the windows. I had not seen these before, but am now considering these for several rooms in our home.

The hotel offers a continental restaurant with several hot, fresh items as well. We did not eat here since we had other plans, but the food was nicely presented and looked good. There was not enough seating for the number of people there in the breakfast area, but a meeting room next door was open and guests were allowed to eat in there as well. We saw several people taking their filled plates, etc. back to their room while using the elevator. The hotel also has a concierge in the lobby, but we did not use those services. Internet service is provided in the rooms and lobby, and there is a business center as well. But, really...who wants to work when Savannah is calling?? So much to do; so little time in which to do it!

Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a great experience at the SpringHill Suites in the Savannah Historic district! I pulled up, the valet unloaded my bags, the front desk checked me in with no fuss and I made my way to my room. The room was extremely clean and very large. I really wasn't expecting such a sizeable room. I was on the first floor and the room had 12 ft ceilings...or maybe higher. The sofa and desk area were comfortable and the kingsize bed was super comfortable.

I don't normally partake of hotel breakfast buffet but did so in the interest of time during my stay. The spice waffles were really good. the eggs were fluffy and the canadian bacon on the first day was tasty as well. Not so wild about the sausage on the second morning of my stay but that's a personal preference...

I have absolutely no complaints about my stay. Customer service was excellent. Housekeeping did an excellent job. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent two nights this week in Savannah and chose this hotel on recommendation of a niece (who is a Sr Contributor at Trip Advisor). And she was right! The 2 Queen suite with sleeper sofa was large enough to accommodate five of us comfortably. Having separate toilet and bath was a good arrangement as we did not have to wait long. Bedroom and public areas were very clean. Breakfast was very substantial with sausage, eggs, assorted breads, pastries and cereal and a waffle bar. Coffee, and tea was available 24 hours. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Only downside was expensive parking at $18.00/night. Public parking across the street was available at much less but we arrived late and was not able to make arrangements.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay here while in Savannah for the night. The room was very modern and was much better than expected from the pictures. It was a nice modern suite that even had a separate TV and work area to plug in your computer and work (that is if you chose to work). Bed and linens were very comfortable and overall everything was very clean with a nice breakfast in the morning. They do have a valet parking for $18 that we used, I suppose you could park in a nearby parking deck if you chose, but we used the valet. Great walking distance to places of interest in the Historic District. Overall we enjoyed the visit and would definitely consider springhill when in Savannah again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived on Friday, November 2 at 7:30 P.M. Pulled into valet parking and two guys (one looked like a grizzly bear - very unprofessional) ignored us. I finally got out of my car and asked them if they were valet and they look irritated that I interrupted their conversation. I was going to complain at the front desk but the woman at the front desk was just as rude and unfriendly. When I approached the desk, the phone started ringing and she answered the call and made me wait. When she was done, her attitude was not friendly and barely courteious. The next morning, after my run (I was there for the Savannah Marathon), I was standing the middle of the room about to undress when the maid barged in without knocking to replace towels. The breakfast was tepid and the room is not any different than any other standard hotel room I have ever stayed in -- to call it a suite is laughable. I could hear everything in the room next to us and the sliding doors between the room and toilet offered no privacy at all. I am sure this hotel engaged in some gouging for the Savannah Marathon because they sure do not know how to treat a guest that just dropped $800.00 for a two night stay. Never again and I will tell every single person I know, including my running friends that plan to visit Savannah next November, to STAY AWAY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District? Share your experiences!