“Spoiled Wine” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Meinhardt Vineyards & Winery (Tasting Room #2)

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meinhardt Vineyards & Winery (Tasting Room #2)
306 W. St. Julian Street, City Market, Savannah, GA (Downtown)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 48 Shopping in Savannah
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Richardson, Texas
“Spoiled Wine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We purchased 3 bottles from the Meinhardt Tasting Room at Savannah, City Market on 5/5/2012. The wine is SPOILED. The sad part about it is the person helping me identified himself as the owner. When I asked him for the best wines they make to bring back from my trip to Savannah, he chose the bottles randomly from the store shelf. Judging by the fact that none of the bottles have vintage dates on them, I would not trust anything purchased from that store.

Visited May 2012

Houston, Texas
“Unique Tasting Room....Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This week my job allowed me to travel to Savannah,GA. Upon checking into the hotel I was presented with a list of things to do and experience within walking distance of the hotel. As a wine lover I was all to delighted to see that a local winery had a tasting room in Market Square. After lunch I took a stroll through the square in to the Meinhardt Vineyard tasting room. Entering into the tasting room i was humored by all the fun wine phrases and paraphernalia. The older female sales clerk was on the phone so i politely looked at the wine list to see the wines they carried. After about 5 minutes the clerk was still on the phone. It was not until a nice older gentleman co-worker walked in that she placed her call on hold to assist me. Her description of the wines were very generic. She was clearly un- knowledgeable of the products.

Visited April 2012
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
“They saved the day! (seriously)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a private carriage ride for 2 set up for our 25th anniversay, it included a wine tasting at the Meinhardt Winery and a bottle of wine and cheese for the carriage ride. WELL, the carriage company messed up with the reservation and the ride----and the winery stepped in and made things work out---TO THE POINT they walked the streets of Savannah to find us and wait for the carriage to show up. We call that "Minnesota nice" and yet, it was Savannah Georgia? Ha!The wine was good as well, we even bought 2 more bottles for home. It is well worth the stop if you enjoy wine tastings and real hospitality.

Visited November 2011
“Great wine, friendly people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I did a tasting, hosted by a very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable woman. We definitely recommend it!

Galveston Island, Texas
“Mixed Reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

When we were at the Tasting Room in Savannah we purchased two cases of wine and had them shipped to Texas. When the wine arrived at the house, two of the bottles had the corks coming out of the bottle, when I tried the wine it had either gone bad or I was not shipped the same vintage that I tried at the Tasting Room. I have not tried any of the other wines yet because I wanted to keep an open mind and wanted to wait so I would not remember the taste of the wine that had the cork coming out of the bottle. When the wine was shipped I had a charge to my account which was expected. One month later I had another $102 charge to my account. When I called the store to find out what this charge was for, I was not greeted with southern charm. I had a terse conversation with one of the women in the store who was put out with my inquiry. She told me that she felt it was shipping on the first order, I have never had anything shipped that the shipping costs weren't paid for at the time of the purchase. I have shipped wine from all over America and I haven't run into any of this before, from completely different tastes of the wine, to the shipping charged a month later, and the attitude given from the winery personnel from the client making an inquiry. I will not do business with them again.