“Great Hotel, Helpful Staff - Overall nice experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District

You added Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Charlton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Bethesda, MD
“Great Hotel, Helpful Staff - Overall nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My family stayed here for a night on April 3. We got a great price through Priceline and I was pleasantly suprised at how nice the hotel was. It is very modern and clean. The lobby is very pretty and there is a small bar that is open in the evenings. The rooms are very nice - clean, nicely appointed, kitchenette, and large flat-screen tv. Our room had a king and a sleeper sofa (my 2 young girls shared it with no problems). The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the riverfront area. The complimentary breakfast buffet is very good (eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, cereals, fruit, coffee, bread, danish, muffins, juices, etc.). There is limited on-street parking adjacent to the hotel, but the hotels offers overnight parking in a secure lot across the stree for $11 per night. The front desk staff was very helpful and had good suggestions for dinner locations. We went to Spankys on the river front and had a nice dinner in a family friendly place. I would definitely stay here again. My wife's only complaint was the noise coming from the deck area right outside our window. We were on the 1st floor and one of our windows looked out onto the deck/firepit area next to the pool. There was some drinking and talking loudly right outside the window until late in the evening. Other than that, we had a great experience

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
boca raton florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights, in busy spring break week, still got a decent rate of about $170/night avg. Big room with full kitchen. Room cleaned daily. Staff is very friendly all around. Breakfast buffet was free and delicious. Full buffet breakfast every morning. Parking on side streets was not a problem and free. Location was about 10 easy blocks to walk to downtown area near river, and about 7 blocks to Forsyth Park and surrounding. Great place to visit, great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
The Internets
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Hands down, the staff at this hotel, the service, everything is simply top notch. The place is new and is complete with all the comforts of home.

The staff is second to none, they made us feel like family the very first night and truly made our stay wonderful. Crystal at the bar is amazing, as is Bevan, Pam... all of the ladies downstairs.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and done a lot of traveling, but this was by far the best experience I've ever had.

The hotel is in a great location, it takes about 10 minutes to walk to wherever but it's an absolute joy as Savannah is gorgeous and EXTREMELY pedestrian friendly. Very close to all the major tourist attractions especially the river and city market. Takes

It would take you far longer to drive to any of the places and when I say the walk isn't bad, I mean, if you're able bodied - you won't even notice the walk at all.

GREAT value and be sure to hang out at the bar, especially from 5-7 when drinks are on the house.... don't just sit in your hotel room, you'll miss out on the great culture and the interesting people that stay here for all sorts of reasons.

Ask people what to do and where to eat and you'll get some really great information.

Free grocery shopping service so get them to stock your room with some snacks on the first night if you're staying a few days. Breakfast is the real deal, with lots of options and there's light dinner many weekdays.

Absolutely Fantastic, we're sad to leave and we are already talking about coming back.

While you're there: Be sure to take a picnic to Forsyth Park, go check out the Low house and get the 3-house package deal - it's very worth it if you like history type stuff. Angel's BBQ is a big time MUST and the tours available from the visitor center next door to the hotel are pretty good as well. I also recommend you spend some time on river st, we caught several great free music performances while in town and you can also usually hear some free live music in city market which is around the corner from the hotel.

Open container laws don't exist in this area so grab a beer at the bar and wonder the streets too - if you're into that :).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NW Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

...Outstanding!! This hotel was like a B&B but without the inflated price tag. Clean, comfortable, romantic, convenient, beautiful and charming. They have a wonderful staff and delicious free breakfasts as well.
Our room was an awesome cottage in the rear, overlooking a lush courtyard with a pool. Very private and quiet with easy access to the outside to downtown and Paula Deens!! We cannot wait to return and the next visit plan a longer stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My party traveled to Savannah for St. Patty's and couldn't be happier. While the location for this hotel is not ideal, being on the border of a sketchy area, it is certainly within good walking distance for those able to do it and we never felt insecure, although we did not travel alone unless by taxi. That entire area is obviously being worked on, so it will be interesting to see it in a couple of years.Having the little min-mart next door was perfect! The rooms were spotless and perfect size for the 4 other women I traveled with...but the staff, they deserve the big kudos. Every single person we came in contact with greeted us cordially and kindly. The front desk was always helpful with our questions. My only suggestions for the hotel would be extra mirrors in the bedrooms. Women need mirrors! Also more wastebaskets and trash bags supplied in suite. The only problem we really had was regulating the room temperature. It took us a couple of days to get it right, but I think that was just differences in preferences with my party. Plus Savannah was unusually chilly that week. The breakfast was an unexpected pleasure. Wish we had taken time for the complimentary happy hour! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Macon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was wonderful. It was convenient to everything, and had the suite we were looking for in traveling with our young son. However, the best part of the hotel cam in the form of housekeeping and Asst. Manager Donna Crone. After being home for some time, I realized that I had not seen a couple of clothing items that I wore during our trip to Savannah. I took a chance and called the hotel, while not hoping for too much. The front desk put me in touch with Ms. Crone, she immediately looked at her computer, and saw that in the database, a bag had been turned in the day after we checked out. She retrieved the bag from storage, and my missing items are inside. One would not think that this was extraordinary service, but it was. Over the years, if any items were left at hotels, I never got them back.or I received a shake of the head and a half hearted effort to look. The process with the Residence was businesslike and friendly. Ms. Crone is to be commended particularly, as well as the housekeeping staff. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Warner Robins Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Do not stay at this hotel unless you want to take chance of being bumped from this hotel

I had a certificate for either a free Friday or Saturday night. I confirmed my reservation through the 1800 number. At check-in, I was told that my certificate had expired. I work in the travel industry, and I recommend you to steer away from this hotel unless you want to be homeless in Savannah.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District? Share your experiences!