“OK, but Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District

You added Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Charlton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #26 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta
“OK, but Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just stayed here for a night and wasn't really impressed. The room was nice, but the breakfast was more like a Hampton Inn and wasn't very appealing. Also, the location is on the edge of the downtown historic district and we were a little leery about walking out at night from the hotel. Finally, we slept poorly since the mattress was hard as a rock.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you chose our hotel, but I was disappointed to hear that you had reservations about the area. Savannah has a very active night life and many people either walk, shuttle or taxi safely back and forth to the River Front and City Market. I have shared your comments about the mattress with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff and we have taken steps to insure the mattresses are regularly inspected and rotated. Thank you again for your input, and we hope that when you return to Savannah you will choose us again and have a perfect stay!
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the residence inn savannah historic district for 3 nights. The pros were the size of the rooms, it was really nice having a kitchen, I think a kitchen is offered in most, if not all rooms. The service was wonderful, Zepora, Kristen at the front desk and the woman working the breakfast were so friendly and helpful. They may our stay more enjoyable. Two cons: the distance from the hotel to the city market, historic district, etc could be walking distance was too far, in our opinion . Don't forget to bring walking shoes like I did! It's a good 20 min walk to everything. After the 2nd day we ended up taking the $3 shuttle service everywhere. Also, I felt like the beds weren't as comfortable as Marriott beds I'm used to. But, it's a nice place and I would recommend staying here if you don't mind walking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that you found our staff friendly and accomodating. I regret hearing that you were disappointed with our location. Our location offers our guests a quiet getaway, free from the traffic and noise of many of the other hotels in the Historic District. We are located next to the Visitor’s Center and the Roundhouse Railroad Museum, and many people find the complimentary DOT shuttle provided by the City of Savannah a convenient way to get back and forth to the River Front and City Market. I have also shared your comments about the mattress with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff and we have taken steps to insure the mattresses are regularly inspected and rotated. Thank you again for your input, and we hope that when you return to Savannah you will choose us again and have a perfect stay!
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to Savannah with my wife for a long weekend to ride our bikes around the city. This hotel is right near the the waterfront and the historic district such as the waterfront, the cemetery Savannah Troley Tours. The other good thing is that this hotel is within walking distance to everything. The staff was very friendly and let us store our bikes in the luggage room at the of every day. The Pink House is a great place to eat dinner but make reservations. The Shrimp Factory is a great place to eat lunch. A trip to Savannah would not be complete without visiting The Wilkes House for the best fried chicken. But they are only open for lunch and the line to get in starts at 10 AM but worth it.

Room Tip: You can request to stay in a regular room or in the back of the hotel in a seperate wing you can req...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and accommodations made your visit to Savannah for bike riding so enjoyable. I'm also glad you found some of Savannah's finest restaurants. I will share your comments with the staff. Thanks again for being our guest!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent stay at the Residence Inn which is conveniently close to the Historic District. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is a step up from the norm and very tasty. The happy hour is top notch with good appetizers and a good beer and wine selection. The bar stays open even after the happy hours is over with. The rooms and the pool area are both very inviting. It is also pet friendly! I would stay here anytime while in Savannah.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our hospitality and amenities made your visit to Savannah so memorable. We work hard at making our Evening Social special for the guests, and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates, and we will look forard to seeing you again. Thanks again for being our guest!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I travel to Savannah a lot. This was my first stay at the Residence Inn. I was impressed. If you are a tourist, the hotel is less than a 5 minutes walk from the historic district. If you are a business traveler, the hotel is easy to get to, offers free Wi-Fi, a decent breakfast, and afternoon happy hour. I was upgraded to a nice two room suit, which had a good living area and a separate bedroom. I was able to organize and plan my business comfortably. The room was very clean and more than suited my needs. The staff was very nice, polite and accommodating. Parking, always a problem in Savannah, was easy at the Residence Inn. Yes, you have to pay for parking, but you have to do this at almost any Savannah hotel, but I would call for my car, and it was up-front and ready for me within 10 minutes. I will stay at the Residence Inn Savannah/Downtown Historic District again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on an upper level, just to be off the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. The ability to relax while organizing for work is important, so I am glad that you found our suites and amenities perfectly suited for your needs as a business traveler. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates, especially our valet parking staff, and we will look forward to seeing you again when you return to Savannah!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friends and I came down to Savannah a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was good, and we particularly liked the "happy hour" they have during the week. They provide refreshments and light appetizers, and it was a very nice way to end the day. The staff was very friendly, and the room was very nice and clean. Will stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our hospitality and amenities made your visit to Savannah so memorable. We work hard at making our Evening Social special for the guests, and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates, and we will look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for being our guest!
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is not a bad property but its really at the edge of the historic district and you have to cross a very busy street to get any walking area. If you are like me and enjoy a walk in the historic district without taking a car this is not the place for you.
Better off with another Marriott property. For instance the Courtyard is almost within sight of this place but in a much better location.
I am partial to Marriott but there are numerous hotels where you leave the front door and you are right in the historic district and near or right on one of the beautiful squares for just about the same money.

Room Tip: We got a room facing a brick wall. Ask for a room facing the pool!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Historic District while visiting Savannah. I also appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay.

I regret hearing that you were disappointed with our location. Our location offers our guests a quiet getaway, free from the traffic and noise of many of the other hotels in the Historic District. We are located next to the Visitor’s Center and the Roundhouse Railroad Museum, and though MLK and Liberty is a busy intersection, it is also very safe. The City of Savannah has provided a large pedestrian crosswalk that has a “talking” signal to insure the safety of pedestrians. And while there are other hotels more centrally located in the Historic District with comparable prices, we offer complimentary amenities such as our full hot breakfast buffet and Manager’s Reception that add value above and beyond what you would find at many of the other hotels.

I hope that you will return to Savannah and stay at the Residence Inn - Savannah Historic District. We look forward to serving you again and we hope that your stay will be perfect in every way!

Assistant General Manager
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District? Share your experiences!