“Great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District

You added Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Charlton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Georgia
“Great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were down for the craft brew fest last weekend & had a great stay. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The restroom was clean & the shower had good water pressure.

The front desk was very helpful in terms of explaining how the ferry service worked and we were close enough to everything that we walked everywhere.

The only area of improvement would be breakfast Sunday morning. Of course, there was a last minute rush at 9:45 and instead of getting out new food, the staff just complained that we aren't there earlier. The eggs weren't replaced, nor were biscuits. I think last minutes rushes are to be expected & staff should be prepared. There was a beer Fest AND it was NCAA football opening weekend. That means a lot of hungover, hungry people...just plan for it & try not to be rude about it. We're paying $200 a night so breakfast really would be nice...

Other than that, great stay!!

• Stayed August 2013
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you found our suites spacious, clean, and comfortable and the front desk staff helpful and informative. I am sorry to hear that your experience with breakfast was disappointing. We take great pride in our hot breakfast buffet and our customer service, and we usually make it a point to make sure everyone has been well fed. I have shared your comments with our breakfast attendants, so I hope when you return to Savannah you will stay with us again and have a perfect stay!
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Massapequa Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is very nice.The location is good. The grounds are pretty The visitors center is a block away. The excellent Mrs. Wilkes restaurant is within walking distance . We got there early enough to secure one of the three parking spots in front of the hotel. The breakfast was very good and hotel staff accommodating.. The weekend we were there the pool was closed which was a huge disappointment. One of the main reasons we made reservations at this hotel was because of the pool. We have young children and hotel pools are a big highlight of our trips. I spoke to the manager and he was very understanding and accommodating. I have no complaints with any of what I mentioned. The disappointment was with housekeeping.To be fair, there were clean linens on the bed and bathroom was clean. The kitchen was ok-the appliances were not wiped down.The big one was when we pulled out the sofa bed, there were potato chips between the mattress and railings and a bunch strewn on the floor underneath. Now, I realize, the guest who did this is the gross one, however, housekeeping has to be instructed to pull the sofa beds out and check underneath the mattresses. It took no time for maintenance to come up and vacuum so I was happy with that .The next day, after being out until 4:30 pm, we came back to discover our room was not cleaned and beds still unmade. We did not leave a do not disturb sign on our door.Again, the same maintenance man came up within a few minutes to help take out our garbage and bring towels and soap. I suspect, he has dealt with similar problems before. For me cleanliness in a hotel room should be a priority. I would have rated this hotel 4.5 otherwise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write a review of your stay! I apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced, and that the pool was closed for maintenance while you were our guest. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and it is very disappointing to know that you were not happy with the service you received at our hotel.

I regret that you found debris under the sofa bed and that the appliances were not clean satisfactorily. Cleanliness is of the highest priority. Both our room attendant and the supervisor missed it when checking the room and I simply cannot offer any excuse for this. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff to make sure we make the appropriate corrections so that future guests do not experience the same issues.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. I hope that you will return to Savannah and stay at the Residence Inn - Savannah Historic District. We look forward to serving you again and we hope that your stay will be perfect in every way!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is just across the street from the Historic District and the DOT bus (FREE) stops here every 20 minutes. The Arts District is just a few walking blocks away, and Mrs. Wilkes Restaurant (you must go, one person waits in line while the others go and check out the arts and design shops nearby) is in this district. Catch the DOT to go to the River area from here.
The rooms are nice (but still need some minor attention, one of my closet doors was missing, why does this always happen when a hotel is just a few years old?) but the staff is the ticket here. They KNOW their town. They are happy to help you find a place to eat, make sure you have everything you need for breakfast (included) and the front desk is friendly! Even the chief engineer (a woman! Yeah) is helpful!
The parking is reasonable in a locked gate or you can park on the street. The visitor center is one black away. The place is QUIET!!! Rooms are big for those sharing. Savannah deserves at least three days, but a weekend is good too. I will stay here again for a third time!

Room Tip: Ask for interior courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and accommodations made your visit to Savannah so enjoyable. I'm also glad you found our staff to be friendly and informative, and they were able to direct you to some of Savannah's finest restaurants. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to your third visit!
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights here and had a great stay. While yes it is not right in the middle of historic downtown as other people have said, it is not a far walk whatsoever (we walked everywhere) and it is still in historic section as it is next to a historic battlefield and old train depot.

The staff is absolutely fantastic from check-in person to the breakfast lady (who was incredible) to the valets who were always so friendly. I would stay here again just for the staff!!!
Again--friendly people and nice rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Savannah and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff delivered "Service So Memorable" during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates at the hotel. Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

What makes this hotel so great are the people who work there. The rooms are kept so clean and the front desk staff are helpful and pleasant. Best of all, Diane who works the breakfast buffet. You can hear her contagious laugh all through the breakfast seating area. We met her on our first morning and looked forward to seeing her the next day. What a way to start your day! The breakfast, by the way, was very good too. The wine and beer happy hour was a nice touch too. We will definitely be back. Only thing that was not perfect .... The location. A long walk to the sights and the river area but near the trolly and free bus stops outside the front door. Also accept pets and a nice grassy area for walking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and amenities made your visit to Savannah memorable. I am especially glad you enjoyed our breakfast service. I will make sure I share your comments with Danae and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Savannah's historic district and the accommodations and atmosphere were both exceptional. There was a warm friendly feeling here which beckons visitors to return. I had one minor problem with dirty/missing dishes but the manager on duty quickly resolved the situation to my satisfaction. I LOVE the RI because I like to make at least a few home cooked meals when I travel with my family and the set up here is perfect for that. I would highly recommend the RI in Savannah’s historic district to anyone planning to travel there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our accommodations and atmosphere exceptional and our staff warm and friendly. I'm also glad that I was able to resolve your service issue to your satisfaction. We hope you will return again soon and have a perfect stay!
Fort Benning, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Still our favorite property in Savannah. Staff is extraordinary and incredibly hospitable. They actually make the customer feel as if they are the most important person they will see all day. Very convenient location, clean and extremely professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am glad we are your favorite hotel!! Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District? Share your experiences!