“So comfortable would return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Charlton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Augusta
“So comfortable would return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I love Marriott, has always had a wonderful stay and this trip was no different. The front desk staff, I believe her name was "Kristen". She was so helpful and friendly; giving me some great recommendations. I checked in close to 1200 and the room was ready, which was unexpectedly fantastic. The view from the 4th floor was lovely, with a view of the bridge. The room was clean and very cozy for one. It was clean an temperature when spot on. The bar area was lovely to get a drink and sit around the pit. The breakfast was ok, the staff worked hard to keep it filled and clean. I was very impressed this hotel, from the cleanliness to lack of noise at night. I will return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thanks for being our guest and posting a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you had such a wonderful stay! I appreciate you mentioning Kristen as well! I will be sure to share your comments with her! She is a fantastic associate who truly loves to take care of her guests!

We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again very soon! Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your experience with other prospective customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Plainfield WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The RI - Historic District is a friendly, yet professional, hotel. The staff is great and more than acommodating. The suites are large and comfortable. Since it is located in the Historic District, there is always something to do and see. Restaurants are convenient and so are many attractions. Valet service is available also. Breakfast is included as well as some eats on Monday-Thursday evenings. There is an on-site bar available. In the courtyard is a nice pool, fire pit, and gazebo.

The suites all have a full size refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher. Great for long term guests or just for a few days.

Personally, I don't appreciate the pet policy, but for those who travel with pets, they do allow them; however, I don't know the policy.

I have been working for a client in Savannah and a guest at the RI since July, 2012 and will remain until October, 2013. However, I have had family and frields come out to stay also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for being a long term guest at our hotel! We appreciate the nice comments you made in your review and I hope that we continue to provide you with the service and quality accommodations you mentioned in your review.

I understand your hesitation regarding our pet policy. Residence Inn's are built for the guest who may be staying for extended periods of time. Often times these guest are relocating or are in a situation where they may need to bring their pet with them. For this reason we do allow pets, however we do charge a pet fee regardless of the length of stay. By charging this fee we are able to treat and sanitize each pet room.

Thanks again for allowing us to be your home away from home. We hope you are enjoying your stay as much as we are enjoying having you as one of our Residents!
Saratoga Springs NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at over a hundred Marriott properties over the years and they are generally very good and very consistent in all aspects. This Residence Inn had some very good points - friendly front desk, Manager's cocktail party, etc., however when checking out, they forgot to pick up my bags, as requested, costing me a 20 minute wait in the room. Also, the thermostat was quirky. I'm a big Marriott fan but this one left me cold.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and your comments are such a valuable tool in maintaining our high levels of customer service.

I will share your comments with our valet staff as well as the engineering department. I understand how frustrating it can be when the bellman does not get to your room in an acceptable time frame. This is certainly not typical of our staff and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The thremostat in your room will be checked and repaired as well.

Again, thank you for your comments! It is through our customer feedback that we are able to improve upon our product and service. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Savannah Historic District and experience the quality service and accommodations you deserve and expect from Marriott Hotels.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed for an extended weekend at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with food suggestions and logistics. For the most part, the one bedroom suite was clean and comfortable. I did notice some build up of dust on the lamp fixtures and it looked as if someone had tracked parts of the tile floor after mopping. Otherwise, it was a comfortable and relaxing stay. The breakfast (complimentary) was diversified and kept stocked. Here too, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All in all, a nice stay but a bit of a walk to attractions although there are local tour providers close by.

Room Tip: The "cottages" are a nice experience and away from foot traffic. Just be aware that the st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District. We appreciate your feedback!

It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about the friendliness of the staff. I am proud to work with one of the best group of associates in the hotel business. They certainly make my job easy! I have shared your comments with them and we will make sure to pay closer attention to the details (dust and tile floor). Your comments are so helpful in making the necessary corrections and adjustments.

Thanks again for being our guest! We hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah we will have the opportunity to serve you again!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel is very nice, with a main building and connected cottages that are really all connected but have a little outdoor steps and gates. You walk through a beautiful pool area to the main lodge. Location is fine...not quite in the midst of the River Walk activity...alittle more along the side of the city, but just blocks from all the hustle. So no worries on location. The rooms were very nice (and I am picky and seasoned five star hotel traveler). Really nice beds, with white comforters. We had a problem in that they don't have enough pillows in the rooms for you to use the pull out sofa, and when we called the front desk, they said they were out...what the heck..Marriott - .buy some more pillows and be sure they are in the room for the pull out sofa. Worse was that the front desk tried to explain their way out of it...like my son carese when he is tired from traveling and wants a pillow. We were lucky in that we had two rooms reserved so were able to shift pillows around from our daughters room, and ended up with enough. My daughter found a couple hairs on the sheets (but the bed was so nice..it wasn't a big deall). I just think the cleaning crew should keep their hair back.. So bottom line...this is a very nice hotel...location not right in the heart of everything, but not out of the way either. Breakfast was fine...just not enough places to sit during busy time. In the summer the outdoor pool would be amazing. Do eat at the Ale house (just can't think of the name) that is recommended by hotel and just about three blocks away...great historic institution (like Boston's Cheers)...good for all ages and great food.. There is a gas station next to the hotel, which is fine shape but does bring in some homeless types, but isn't a problem.

Room Tip: Be sure you have the right sheets and pillows right away to avoid problems when you are ready to go...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate your comments and we appreciate you sharing them on tripadvisor.

I am so disappointed that the front desk associate was not able to provide you with the items requested! Extra pillows are a very common request and one that we are able to accommodate without any problem. I am not sure why you were told that we were out of pillows however I will follow-up with our staff to make sure they are aware of where additional supplies are located. I will also share your comments with our cleaning crew and encourage them to pay close attention to details.

Thank you again for your comments and for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Savannah. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our beautiful city you will stay with us again!

Donnie Morgan
lawyerdaggett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've stayed overnight here on two recent business trips. It's a really convenient location - easy to get to from the highway, and right on the edge of the historic district. On my last trip, I arrived rather late and was too tired to go out. I was so surprised that they had complimentary clam chowder which was quite good. Apparently there is some complimentary meal every evening. It's modest, but heck, it's free and it's pretty good. Breakfast was good and was served up by a wonderful woman (name unknown) who greets everyone with a big smile. The hotel feels safe, and the rooms are pretty nice. I particularly like the king suite. The hotel is behind an upscale convenient store so if you need something, there is no need to drive anywhere. There is valet parking for a fee, but this is unnecessary most days. There is free parking along the sides of the hotel. There is also a small adjoining park. The hotel allows pets, so this is a great place to walk the dog. There also is a kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator, a coffee pot, a full sized sink, a microwave oven, and if memory serves me correctly, a blender. They even had a few snacks. Internet is free. I highly recommend this place, and have already booked my next business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back near the stairs. It's quieter there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District for your lodging needs while doing business in Savannah. We hope that we will always be your home away from home when your travels bring you to Savananh.

I appreciate you taking the time to share a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I hope that you will remain pleased with our product and service offerings! Your feedback is critical to our success!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is always a pleasure to stay. The staff is very friendly,specially Kristen at the front desk. Vincent and Crystal ( the bar lady) are also very nice. The room is very spacious and convenient if you travel with kids. We had my 9 year old son and my 94 year old grandmother and they felt very comfortable in the rooms. We had two cottages facing the street. We loved our stay!!! Breakfast was also nice.

Room Tip: Get the cottages they are very convenient !!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you letting us know about the associates who delivered Service So Memorable during your visit. I will be sure to make sure they are commended for their excellent service.

Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to you returning to the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District!

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Downtown / Historic District? Share your experiences!