“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #48 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel and found it to be quite comfortable, with a pleasantly firm bed, which is a must for my back. The entire property was quite clean, except for a ring of mildew between the bath tub and shower surround, which I didn't notice until I was considering having a soak in the tub, although I can't see how housekeeping could miss it if they are bending down and cleaning the tub on a daily basis. As I didn't notice it sooner, I didn't report it until I was checking out, so I can't say whether the staff cleaned it quickly or not. Otherwise, I found this hotel to be very acceptable.

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor facing the other hotel which shares the parking lot with this one was v...
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

On a trip down the east coast to Florida, we figured our best stopping point for the night would be Savannah. This was TA's highest rated property off the S Savannah exit of I95. It was also a chain we were unfamiliar with. As retirees we were looking for a clean value oriented hotel and were a bit disappointed in this one.

First, the property is near new, clean and with a friendly staff. The beds are just OK, but livable. The two complaints we would have center around poor acoustics and the breakfast. You can hear everything from above you... people walking down the hall, kids jumping around, etc.

As for the breakfast, here is what was served... Toaster waffles sitting out on a pile next to a toaster with a jug of syrup, 3 kinds of cereal (mostly sweet) in a dispenser next to a pitcher of milk, bagels with cream cheese, sweet rolls, bananas and scrawny looking apples. Oh, and the coffee is instant, whipped up for you fresh!

We routinely stay in Fairfield, Comfort Inn, Hampton, etc. when traveling, and they all have better fruit, brewed coffee, and protein in the form of eggs and/or yogurt. Baymont should have such as well or we are all just going to get fatter and fatter! We won't stay here again.

Stayed April 2012
Durham NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night on our way to FL. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was VERY clean. This will be our place to stop while traveling.

Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The room was very clean and roomy, although it only had one chair, would have been nice to have 2. The bed was very comfortable, the personnel very friendly. It was a good place to stay for he money.

Williamsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms were clean and did not feel cramped. Water pressure in showers was minimal and water was not always hot. Hotel was convenient to Interstate 95 but not that convenient to downtown Savannah.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Staunton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This place was OK, but I won't stay there again. We arrived late at 9:00 PM and the young lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful, which was fine. And our room was clean and spacious. However, the next morning, the breakfast room (which is small) was bedlam, with no where to sit, and a sign that said you couldn't take your food back to your room, which I did anyway. The same girl who checked us in the night before was trying to keep up with putting out food (which was terrible - the choices were slim and the quality was horrible). When I went to the front desk to get a receipt for my checkout, no one was there so I asked that girl in the kitchen area and she said she would have to do it, which she did...she was very helpful. However, she was the only hotel employee I saw the entire time. I didn't think the health department would think much of her running from front desk to kitchen and back. This place needs to hire a few more people! Also, we travel with a small dog and they charged us $20 for a pet fee, vs. $10 at most other places.

Room Tip: Stay at Country Inns & Suites...better breakfast, lower pet fees.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel sits at an Interstate exit among a dozen or more similar hotels and a like number of restaurants and fast food joints. The hotel was clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was no complimentary morning newspaper, and the "hot" part of the breakfast was toaster waffles.There is no restaurant or lounge in the hotel, ,but there are plenty of opportunities for food and drink within walking distance. I would stay there again, but I think if I ended up for the night at that particular exit, I might try one of the other hotels to see if I liked it better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah South? Share your experiences!