“Must See, true Savannah Haunting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sorrel Weed House

Sorrel Weed House
6 West Harris Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-257-2223
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 100 Attractions in Savannah
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Must See, true Savannah Haunting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Our Tour guide was Karen, she was AMAZING!!!! She knew so much history about the house, and so many stories about things that had happened there. we loved going with her! She was really helpful about other tours of the house as well! I LOVE HER DRESS!!!!

Visited November 2011

San Francisco, California
22 attraction reviews
“Ghost Tour a Total Waste of Time and Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I believe there are two tours with the Sorrel-Weed House - an architectural tour and a ghost tour. The ghost tour is a joke! The ghost tour was a waste of $20 per person and a waste of an hour and a half. This tour, unlike others that walk around parts of the city, takes you through the Sorrel Weed House only. The twenty-something "guide" talked more about himself than the house or the supposed ghosts. The extent of the "tour" was the "guide" telling us that one of his co-workers (who happened to be a friend and roommate?) once heard a noise or saw a face in the window. That's it? Your friend saw a face? Is THAT a ghost tour? There was little, if any history, and the little historical or cultural information given was slightly or completely incorrect (they should do research before speaking). Many times during the tour we considered walking out (should have read other reviews because many say they did walk out) but we stayed so we could see the house. It's in a state of disrepair and apparently they are holding these "ghost" tours to earn funds to fix it up. There are lots of stairs (and you walk them in the dark) and no bathrooms, FYI.

Visited October 2011
Pooler, Georgia
“Worst ghost tour in Savannah”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I bought 5 tickets for me and my friends to enjoy a haunted tour 2 days before Halloween. We even took the tour that started at 10:30pm so it would end at midnight for a more scary effect. Boy were we disappointed. The tour guide was TERRIBLE!! Our tour was on October 29 so you know who you are. First of all there were over 30 people in our group - way too many. Once upstairs in the cottage we didn't all fit in the one room where we could all hear him. Then he proceeded to talk mostly about himself only to turn on a video for us to watch as he left to go take care of more tours showing up. They start a new tour every half hour so people are loud, one tour group mingles close to the other which is very distracting. Our tour guide was even slurring - had he had a few cocktails before the tour? What a total waste of our good evening. The guide said he'd been with them for 8 years - that's about 7 years too long. Don't go - don't waste your money. Do the Creepy Crawl Pub Tour instead.........I saw and heard more scary stories on this walking tour!!

Visited October 2011
Lund, Sweden
“Horrible guide-I actually felt VIOLATED...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I remember this place - because it was the only really horrible night during our 3 week stay in the States. Do NOT go. I am not a picky person. I have a lot of empathy and patience with people. But when the guide aqtually spend more time talking about the fact that he was SINGLE, looking at my breasts and talking about his BAR tours than the ghosts of Savannah, you have to be conserned...

I know, this sounds to bad to be true. In some way, he got that job.. But it WAS horrific. I actually felt violated as a human being. At first I thought he was drunk. He talked a lot about alcohol. A little girl asked "So when are you gonna tell us about the ghosts" and he just looked insulted and answered "soon". He talked a LOT. After this kind of experience, you are often able to laugh at it - but I still feel bad about it, because he waisted one of three precious nights in this magnificant city. Savannah will stay in my heart. But Sorell Weed House REALLY has to fire that guy!!

Visited June 2011
Savannah, GA
8 attraction reviews
“Quality tour of a beautiful historic home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Went on the day tour with my mom who was visiting. It was a historical/architectural tour. I did not go on the ghost tour at night. Our guide, Kim, was wonderful! She was so nice, knowledgeable, and fun to have as our guide. We toured all over the house and got to know the history of the home, it's past owners, some fun facts, and got up close and personal with all of the highlights of the home. It is a very impressive and beautiful house.

The tour left us with an interesting and interactive perspective into the luxurious (and controversial) lifestyles that were lived in Savannah during the home's early years. I highly recommend the tour. Ask for Kim!

Visited August 2011