“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed a couple of nights for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The room was surprisingly big. It was almost the size of a small studio apartment, even has a small kitchen. We stayed in room 205 and in the mornings we could hear people walking and talking in the lobby, but it never bothered us. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest asking for another room. The bed was really comfortable and we had a great view of the water. Everything is within walking distance. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The 204-206 are below the lobby so in the morning you hear the noise from breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Melbourne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very nice old building, but well kept up and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful, too. They have a kitchen in every suite and plenty of room. There is also good wifi in each room and in the lobby and dining area. This is right on the riverfront and convenient to all the shops, restaurants, and sights in that area.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, with the placement of the new Joe's Crab House restaurant at the riverfront, some...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We loved this inn and stayed there for four nights. We chose it because of the great location on the river front, and loved it because of the experience we had once there. The staff went beyond normal to make our stay a memorable experience. The room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. It even had a full kitchen in it. The continental breakfast was a nice way to get a day started, and the evening wine and cheese made it so relaxing. We took our wine out to the balcony and watched the river traffic and the people below. When we returned in the evenings, our bed was turned down, robes spread out, and an ice cream treat was waiting for us in the freezer. The only complaint I would have would be the floors. They were squeaky and slippery, but beautiful hardwood that was restored beautifully. We would definitely return to this same inn on our next trip.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms can be a bit noisy from footsteps above. Ask for a room with a clear view of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an older place, but clean and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Right on the river and steps away from all kind of things. All kinds of Shopping and Food right around the corner... You'll love it.

• Stayed August 2013
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Right on the river but at the end of the walk so not too much traffic which was perfect. Management and help very friendly.
Old hotel with full refrigerator, microwave and good kitchen space. Not much in the kitchen for sustaining a longer stay as far as utensils and such. Happy hour and breakfast in lobby lounge simple and very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First, the location is great due to being next to River Street and all it's activities. Second, from checking in to checking out, the experience was wonderful and super relaxing. The staff was VERY professional and super helpful. We booked a queen balcony suite, with a private balcony facing the Savannah river and all the activities revolving around it and the street below. The room was spacious, luxurious and so wonderful to come back to from whatever we were doing that day. The breakfast was wonderful and filling to start one's day. The wine and cheese reception in the afternoon is a great way to wind down and relax before any evening activity. Then the turn-down service, with the ice cream treat was a nice touch for the end of day experience. The room was always cleaned properly, promptly and professionally. From the front desk staff to any one working there, was helpful and very friendly, easy to speak to. We so very much enjoyed it and any time that we are back that way, will make it our "home" again for our stay.

Room Tip: We were able to see / look at a couple other rooms besides our balcony suite and they looked just as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We returned from a stay at this property today, and I felt compelled to share my disappointing experience (particularly since the innkeeper was unavailable for the duration of my stay and chose not to contact me throughout even though I complained to front desk staff on 2 occasions). The location was great except for tons of stair and no elevators, but they advertised this on their website so I certainly can't fault them. Unfortunately, they also advertised a DVD player in the upstairs loft BR and these were critical factors (separate loft and DVD player) in my selection of the property for my visit with 2 kids under 5. When I called to notify the front desk that we had no DVD player, first I got a busy signal for about 15 minutes, then had to call from my cell phone. The front desk person at that time (very friendly and professional btw) apologized and told me that they wouldn't be able to provide one until the following day since the property was booked. The very next day they did indeed provide one. The next (last) day our room was never serviced by housekeeping. When I called around 4 pm to ask them to service it, Sky (different front desk person) indicated that housekeeping was gone for the day. I asked to receive some sort of credit due to the customer service issues that I'd experienced and she indicated that since the innkeeper (Cristin) was gone, she wouldn't be able to authorize that. I came down to the front desk to ask her to reach her to address it, she (Sky) called while I sat there (told her about the housekeeping issue, mentioning a DVD issue but never explaining it since she says it was addressed so it was a non issue to her). After they spoke for a few minutes, she jotted down notes on a post it and asked me if I wanted the bellman to make up my beds. I told her that I didn't; I'd rather just get fresh towels and toiletries and get some sort of acknowledgment from mgt of the poor customer service. She didn't seem to understand the latter and definitely treated me as if I was a huge inconvenience to her. She left to get the towels (or so I thought) AND NEVER RETURNED. When the bellman (very nice) asked me if I needed help, I explained that she was helping me. Other guests came in to check in and they were waiting behind me. After I'd sat there for quite awhile, I asked the bellman if she was coming back. He said he'd check. He asked me if my issue had been resolved, and I told him I wasn't sure bc she spoke with the innkeeper and instead of telling me the resolution, just got up and left. He left to find her and returned to tell me that the innkeeper authorized her to take $30 off my total bill. I asked why she didn't tell me that and he said that she'd been feeling ill earlier that day but wasn't sure why she'd left. Ironically, when I came by the front desk later that evening to ask for a restaurant phone number, she gave it to me never acknowledging her earlier disappearance and utter refusal to resolve my issue. The mistakes that happened during my visit were not truly severe in my opinion, but Sky's attitude and the innkeeper's clear indifference were terribly disappointing. These should not have been significant issues and could have been easily resolved with just a speck of customer service and social skills in my opinion. I must admit that upon checkout Ericka granted me a half night's credit which was gracious but more importantly she seemed to acknowledge that mistakes had been made and offered sincere apology along with a commitment to improve -- too bad I couldn't have gotten just a bit of that sooner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Olde Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!