“Can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 stars

Catherine Ward House Inn
118 East Waldburg Street, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #6 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Savannah and i'm so glad I chose to stay at Catherine Ward House. The Inn keeper and staff were so welcoming and kind, they made me feel right at home. The house is beautiful gives you the real "Savannah" charm. Great location, walking distance to everything, right across from beautiful Forsyth Park. I stayed in one of the carriage house rooms and it was great!! Very clean, had own porch with chairs to sit out on and a private access gate in the courtyard area. They are very dog friendly and great at giving you all the info you need to explore and enjoy beautiful Savannah! I will absolutely be staying here again on my next trip there!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with this place in beautiful historic Savannah. The house itself is a gorgeous restored Victorian, full of interesting details. Our reservation was actually for Catherine's Room, but we were given a free upgrade to the room on the top floor of the Carriage House, which was awesome! We had a two-person shower, a mini-kitchen, and our own private deck. Plus the room was just so luxe, with the muted color scheme, fireplace, and the tv IN the mirror! The fresh flowers were a great touch. Our room had fresh cut hydrangeas, a potted azalea plant, as well as live boxwood 'balls'.

The breakfast in the morning was outstanding, and the ladies who run the Inn were great about recommending tours, restaurants, neat things to do, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms in the carriage house have more privacy.
Cochran, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We chose to return to the Inn for another quick overnight trip to Savannah. Upon arrival we were offered a free upgrade to a room in the main house since it was raining and there was no available parking in back near the carriage house where our reserved room was. To add to the homey atmosphere, when I asked about taxi service, Leslie offered to drive us to dinner herself. I cannot say enough good things about this Inn and Innkeeper. The Catherine Ward House is the epitome of what a southern B&B should be.

Room Tip: The Jim Williams room is at the top of the stairs and back of the house, making it very quiet. It al...
MAryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was not my first stay at the Catherine Ward House. I have been staying here twice a year for the last 3 years. I have a daughter that attends SCAD and am so glad I discovered CWH my daughters freshman year.It is a much better experience staying here then using one of the many inpersonal hotels found in Savannah as well as a great deal price wise when you add in the wonderful breakfast and free parking. Leslie and Sonja have always been generous with their time and knowledge of the area. I have stayed here with husband, had a friend join me or just solo and my experience here is always fantastic. As other reviews say you can walk to the riverfront in about 20 minutes, or find many lovely resturants and shops around the area. There have been concerts in Forsyth park (half a block from B&B), one time a dog carnival, farmers market, no shortage of things to see or do. The rooms I have stayed in are always beautiful, clean, comfortable, with homy touches like fresh flowers and water and soda stocked in the mini fridged.It will be hard once my daughter graduates from SCAD I imagine I will still come down to visit Savannah after that and enjoy this beautiful city and the fantastic hospitality at the CWH.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, clean and comfortable!
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We decided to have a family get together with 2 of our adult children in Savannah. My daughter drove over from Athens GA and my wife, son (just back from Peace Corps) and I flew down from Washington. We saw the Catherine Ward House on Trip Advisor and liked the look. From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. Leslie and Sonja were wonderful and the breakfasts were exceptional experiences and a great way to start some very busy days touring. They took such good care of us we will definitely return.

Room Tip: We got the three rooms in the basement, which was great as we had our own suite of rooms, and they o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at the Catherine Ward, and we could't have imagined a better place to stay. It is located so everything in the historic district is within walking distance.
It is very clean, and nice cozy decorated. We got an upgrade to our room, but any room at the house would have been fine, because they all come with a great breakfast and the priceless great host´es Leslie and Sonja. They make you feel at home from the moment you walk in the door, and are really helpful with suggestions on what to do, where to eat etc., and will make reservations, too if needed.
We would recommend this great B and B to anyone going to Savannah.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I agree with everything written by previous guests, so will just add a few comments. We loved our stay at the Catherine Ward House Inn thanks to Leslie, Sonya and staff. They made us feel like we were her guests in a private home.

Leslie cooked up wonderful breakfasts and Sonya pointed us to fine restaurants and activities. To me the highlight of each day was listening to Leslie softly hum or sing as she went about her work. It just made you feel comfortable about being there and was priceless.

In case our lodging wasn't perfect enough, the advice and help we received from Leslie and Sonja about where to go, eat and see was invaluable. They go above and beyond in making sure you are comfortable and cheerfully would make any arrangements that you would need.

The house is a genuine historic Savannah property, wonderfully restored and renovated, and furnished beautifully.
Our room was spacious and luxuriously decorated, with a beautiful bathroom, plenty of storage for all our luggage and travel things, and with a gorgeous king size bed. It was very private, overlooking a peaceful and lush courtyard.

We loved our stay and highly recommend the Catherine Ward House to anyone looking for a B&B in Savannah!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Catherine Ward House Inn? Share your experiences!