“Robert E. Lee & Me” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Avenue Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Park Avenue Manor
107 - 109 West Park Avenue, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Special Rate
Sizzling Summer Rates!
Ranked #3 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Robert E. Lee & Me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was in Savannah for the first time to attend a friend's wedding over New Year's Eve. Of course, we all know the city is rich with history, and I wanted to take the opportunity to take advantage of some quaint Southern hospitality--instead of using a chain hotel. I found the Park Avenue Manor via my friend's guide to the city, and booked a couple months ahead. From the beginning, Maurice & Glenn were in contact, making sure I had a plan for transportation from the area airport; I knew I had selected a good location for my stay. Once I arrived to Savannah, I was great by Maurice & given a mini tour of my temporary dwelling. The Manor is absolutely beautiful!!! The front parlor rooms were great for visiting with friends. And, as I'm sure everyone has mentioned, the entryway was stocked with delectable homemade brownie bites & sherry at all times!! I stayed in the Robert E. Lee room. It was impeccably decorated, with a nice size bathroom--even providing a blow-dryer & additional shampoos and conditioners; which was great since I forgot mine. The bed was dangerously comfortable, as I lay down for a "rest" upon arriving and woke up hours later! (Oops, that may have been a result from my not getting much sleep the night before.) Each morning started with a homemade breakfast by Glenn, shared with the company of the other guests. It was a great way to meet the other folks and begin your day! Glenn & Maurice are very willing to give you suggestions on what to do, with directions if needed. The Manor is very conveniently located within the Historic District of Savannah. The walk to my friend's wedding was only 5 minutes, and just another 15 to downtown for sites & shopping! The day of the wedding, some other guests & I met up to do a bicycle tour of the city and had an absolute blast!! I would definitely recommend this as a way to see all you can in Savannah! (Check out Leopold's Ice Cream for some of the tastiest sweets EVER!!!--but, be prepared for a line--unless the weather is a little gloomy, in which case it's about half the size.) I have already told my newlywed friends to check out the Park Avenue Manor upon their next visit, as well as a few other friends! I will definitely be a returning guest of Glenn & Maurice any time I visit Savannah!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was an outstanding place to stay. Maurice and Glen made us feel like we were home and were there to take care of every question we had. The entire house was spotless and was close to every sort of transportation you could want. You going to visit Savannah? You won't find a place better than the Park Ave Manor....period.

Room Tip: All of them are the same...great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

From the moment you arrive at Park Avenue Manor, you know you have made the perfect B&B choice. Your hosts will take such good care of you, that you will not want to leave. The rooms are cozy and inviting and the entire house is so beautifully decorated. Each morning, we enjoyed getting to know the other guests over a full breakfast that was more than just delicious. And it was especially nice to have immediate access to someone familiar enough with the area that our questions could be answered quickly. This is most certainly the perfect place to stay when in Savannah and is highly recommended as an excellent choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

From the moment my husband and I arrived at Park Avenue Manor, we realised that it was something very special. Everything was wonderful, so much thought had been put into the design and decor of the whole house, and to ensuring that you felt as welcome and comfortable as you would in you own home. The breakfast was perfect, complimentary tea, coffee and cold drinks are available throughout the day, even a decanter of sherry which we thought was a lovely touch. The location is ideal for visiting all the wonderful sights of Savannah, and less than 2 minutes walk to the no 4 bus stop which takes you to the main bus depot from where you can transfer to the airport express if needed as we did. However, the highlight was the hospitality, care and enthusiasm shown by Maurice and Glenn. This is definitely the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Phenix City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

On this our 2nd trip to Savannah, my husband and I stayed at Park Ave Manor for 7 nights. We fell in love with this place (both the city and this B&B) on our 1st trip in 2011. Glenn & Maurice are the best hosts ever. It is not surprising that they have so many current awards for their rooms and service. This is a prime choice location if you want to be close to Historic District, yet not in the party atmosphere of downtown. Being right by Forsyth Park, my husband and I enjoyed our long week by bicycling daily all over the park, historic streets and squares. We always plan to bring our bikes from now on! Our breakfast was always stellar, healthy, and fulfilling. The family style breakfast brings new faces to the table every morning, and it’s just plain fun to hear everyone’s stories of why they are in Savannah, why they are at this B&B, where they are from, and their intended destinations. Never did we feel like a stranger. So far we have enjoyed just the GA Suite because it is downstairs and has the backyard access to keep our bicycles locked inside the fence. Jamie was new to us this year and kept our room spic and span clean. The brownies are always a welcome treat after a full day of exploring, ghost walk tours, bike riding, and walking in town. Every day gave us a new place setting with bold and bright colors, great food, and good conversation. We lingered often at our room and the parlor just to hang out and have some quiet time to relax. We’ve made some new friends, the best of whom have been Glenn & Maurice themselves. We truly miss these two when we have to leave, and can’t wait to save our pennies and plan our next adventures with them. We always hate to leave Savannah and Park Ave, but we know we cannot return to a place unless we first leave it. Sigh… We miss you, Glenn, Maurice, Jamie, & sweet Red!

Room Tip: If downstairs preferred, choose GA Suite. All other rooms are equally as good, but you will have to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

PAM exceeded our expectations! Our top 3 priorities are cleanliness, comfort, and hospitality and we got it! It felt like home away from home. The recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants were spot on. We highly recommend this well kept secret, stay at the Park Avenue Manor. You won't be disappointed:)

• Stayed November 2013
Gloucester Point, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The gal pals from Gloucester, VA spent 4 days and 4 nights enjoying Savannah and Tybee Island. The highlight of the entire trip ( or a close second to being able to "do" a half marathon) was Park Avenue Manor. Maurice and Glenn were so helpful and hospitable. We felt right at home within the first few minutes of walking into Park Avenue Manor. We "gals" know we have 2 great friends in Savannah. Thanks, Glenn and Maurice.

Room Tip: The Georgia Room sleeps 3 comfortably, with a very comfortable Queen size bed and an adjoining room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Park Avenue Manor? Share your experiences!