“Definitely Different... and Fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Suite Experience
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Definitely Different... and Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Traveling to Savannah, I was excited to have the opportunity to see a new boutique-style hotel in the heart of the city, the Andaz Savannah. There are currently only seven in the United States, so for me, the Andaz Savannah was a must-see!

Andaz hotels are a boutique-inspired brand of hotels, and are generally smaller, with less than 300 rooms on average. Currently they are located in leisure and destination locations worldwide.

The Andaz Savannah is located in Barnard Street – overlooking Ellis Square – in the heart of the Historic District; a great location. The hotel was easy to find and on a sweltering summer day, the full glass entry doors ushered me into a cool oasis! Entering the Andaz Savannah, you’re immediately struck by the high ceilings, the poured & polished concrete floor, the lack of a traditional “check-in” desk, and the decor – This is urban chic at it’s best!

I was met at the hotel by Ann Mashburn, the Catering Sales Manager. Ann took the time to give me a very thorough tour of the Andaz Savannah. First, we talked about the unique Andaz concept. Her words echoed my initial reaction – this is different – it”feels” different. The hotel was modern, somewhat minimalist, chic, contemporary, stylish, but still maintained a South sophistication. It felt relaxed & comfortable, and although catering to many corporate travelers, it did not feel like a “business” hotel.

The hotel was 151 ultra-modern guestrooms and suites. I was able to see all the room options. The rooms have large soundproof windows, stylish decor, and impressive bathrooms with walk-in showers. Again, These rooms DID NOT feel like a typical hotel. They were more comfortable, more spacious, and seemed … well, restful. This welcoming atmosphere was supplemented by all the modern features you’d expect – like 42” flat screen TVs and free WiFi.

What I enjoyed most when seeing the hotel were the rooms. When you entered a room, you felt you were immersed in quiet solitude. The soundproof windows and new modern construction created a peaceful, oasis feel. When you closed the door of the room, it felt solid. The rooms varied in size and style, but I think Ann and I agreed, we liked the Andaz Loft rooms best – Great layout and HUGE bathroom! Some of the rooms even have balconies overlooking Ellis Square.

For business travelers, it’s a casual corporate experience. Yes, there are meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar on-site, hi-tech meeting and event spaces, AV equipment available… but it’s not a stuffy, business hotel. Like Savannah, the hotel has a different, Southern charm.

he Andaz Deluxe Suite features a small kitchenette arrangement, great for an extended stay in Savannah. This hotel is 100 percent smoke-free and pet-free.
The Andaz Savannah is different – and it tries to be different. It does not feel like a chain hotel. You are greeted not at a traditional desk but with a host holding an iPad; Snacks and non alcoholic beverages in your room are complimentary and refilled daily, you can select your preference of newspaper each morning, FREE wired or wireless internet access, a Terrace Pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center with Matrix training gear, and a restaurant serving seasonal Southern fare. All these amenities make this hotel a tremendous value if you plan to stay in the Historic District of Savannah.

I enjoyed my experience at the Andaz Savannah. as my first Andaz visit, this hotel makes me want to go visit the other locations… and that’s certainly a compliment. Kudos to Ann and the staff at the Andaz Savannah!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
RPT1887, thank you for posting such a thorough review, I am so glad you enjoyed your time in the hotel and I think you describe it really well. Ann is unfortunately no longer our catering sales manager, but our new manager Tricia would be delighted to assist anyone looking to book a function. Also, effective this past February we now allow pets (for a fee), please see ouor website for details on our pet friendly procedures. Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed there with 2 children under age 12. It was a wonderful experience . The hotel is located in Ellis square in historic district. It faces the dancing fountains and is few steps from City market. It is a short walk to Savannah's beautiful riverfront . We also walked to Forsythe park. The propert is well kept.
The check in was very smooth. You get complimentary drinks on arrival- wine or juice etc.The service is great.The hotel concierge was very helpful with tours.
The pool area is small but very nice and my kids really enjoyed it. They have few cabanas by pool which we used. very restful.There is also a large fire pit for cooler nights. We enjoyed that too.

Overall our stay was wonderful. This place is walking distance to many wonderful restaurants and cafes. Do visit Goose feathers cafe which is just few steps away, for breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose top floor facing Ellis square
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
WanderingVOYAGER10, thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice review. I am happy your children enjoyed their visit, my kids love the hotel as well, especially walking over to Savannah Sweets. Hope to see you here again soon, Matt
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

You are right in the middle of the beautiful historic district of Savannah, but then you step into a great hotel with all the modern amenities. Although we didn't receive the glass of wine so many mentioned, it was nice to be checked in quickly on an iPad. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was not spacious, but it was very attractive. It was an added bonus to have wifi and complimentary beverages. The bed was very comfortable. My husband liked the shower and the towels. Although it was across from a park with a lot of people, it was very quiet. I think the best part of the hotel is its location. You can walk to restaurants and just enjoy the area. We arrived earlier in the day and parked in the city garage next to the hotel. We took a trolley tour and got off at the stop across the street from the hotel. It was easy to get our suitcase from the car, and it was a little cheaper than valet parking. It's a great place to have the best of old and new.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Batmom7, first of all my apologies for not offering you a glass of wine when you arrived. If you ever have a chance to return the wine is on me! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for choosing Andaz. Please come back again soon, Matt
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I loved my stay at Andaz Savannah and I am missing it as I currently type this! The service was exceptional and so was the room. I stayed in a suite and the free soft drinks, water, snacks and juices were such a nice bonus. The bed was amazingly comfortable along with the robe and slippers. The concierge, Eric, was one of the best I have ever encountered. I highly recommend having the breakfast at least once. The spread is gorgeous, varied and plentiful, so we didn't even need to have lunch and our complimentary snacks in the late afternoon before dinner were sufficient! I highly recommend the bar as well, where I had the best mint julep of my life and the bartender gave us a piece of the most amazing bacon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Farfallasnitch, thank you for your nice review! It is so gratifying to hear you enjoyed the room, breakfast, bar and especially our famous candied bacon bar snack. I'll be sure to let Eric know about your comments. Please come back again soon, Matt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I booked out honeymoon there. We were immediately greeted by the valet gentleman and the young man who held the door open as we entered. He greeted is by name. We entered the hotel and were greeted by name by the young lady who checked us in. We were upgraded to a different room. Our room was 612 and had a small balcony that we could overlook Ellis square. We loved our room. The free beverages and snacks were definitely a bonus. We ate at the restaurant that night and out waiter Robert could not have been more wonderful and attentive.
I loved the bed. It felt like we slept in a cloud. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The was a refrigerator, freezer, stove, dishwasher, and china in the room. We did not expect that. That was a nice surprise. The hotel is located in the heart of everything. It was a great choice. We decided to come back in September and stay there again. Every person, down to the housekeeping staff were wonderful and friendly. This is the place to stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
yankeeinnc, thank you so much for spending your honeymoon with us and thank you for deciding on a return visit. See you soon! - Matt
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the Andaz over easter april 2014. It was our first trip to Savannah and had a great time. I had done my research before hand when looking for a nice hotel and made a great choice.
The Andaz is very well located in the centre of Savannah, is a very modern and upscale hotel. We had booked the Andaz loft which had a Junior Suite feel to it, a balcony overlooking the square and also included a complimentary mini-bar. We were greeted by helpful Front desk staff that checked us in via their I-Pad and we received a complimentary glas of wine upon arrival which was well needed after the long journey.
We were looking for a brunch place for easter sunday and weren't too happy with the recommendation by the FO staff and the concierge had already left at 5:30 pm.
In regards to the location, everything is in walking distance and a bunch of restaurants, bars and cafés are literally across the square/street.
We stayed 3 nights, tested the gym which was efficient, had a look at the pool that looked nice but didn't get any sun and we therefore didn't use.
I can highly recommend this hotel to tourists and maybe a younger crowd, it definitely is quite modern.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
VicSu2014, thank you for visiting from so far away, we appreciate your stay and your nice review. My apologes for the poor information regarding Easter brumch, hopefully you ate in the hotel as the 22 Square brunch was great. Andaz was just annouonced for German, in Munich, should be open in a few years. Please come back soon, Matt
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Fantastic hotel in great location. Great decor, wonderful bed, soft as a cloud. Terrace with fire pit is fantastic after dark. Staff is super friendly and helpful, brought us extra chocolates when they came by to ask us if we needed turn down service. Location is great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
lilianeblom, it is so nice to hear you enjoyed your visit, please come back soon, Matt

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!